The Magic Café
Username:
Password:
[ Lost Password ]
  [ Forgot Username ]
The Magic Cafe Forum Index » » Not very magical, still... » » Time travel (5 Likes) Printer Friendly Version

Go to page [Previous]  1~2~3~4~5~6~7~8~9
Jonathan Townsend
View Profile
Eternal Order
Ossining, NY
26976 Posts

Profile of Jonathan Townsend
Interesting film and cast including the guy who played Odd Job in Goldfinger. Smile https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=6EimxJAcoU8
There was a flood of awkward SciFi from that time including a Japanese series with a flying submarine. Most of which are not shown anymore. Marine Boy was chewing gum and Tobor had something that looked like cigarettes. Dodo was on Saturday mornings and Kimba on weekday afternoons in syndication. Do you remember the uncomfortable reactions to that first Star Trek episode? I can remember as far back as the second season when it was shown after Tarzan.

? at 1:05:02 a character uses the words "another dimension" - sounds familiar Smile
...to all the coins I've dropped here
critter
View Profile
Inner circle
Spokane, WA
2505 Posts

Profile of critter
I would go ahead and not do it because temporal paradox and history is cyclical anyway.
Time travel is a horrible idea.
Now if someone can invent a way for humanity to actually learn from history I'll be on board for that. Like maybe we don't recreate the conditions that precipitated the Great Depression. That would be cool. We could do that now. Let's do that now.
"The fool is one who doesn't know what you have just found out."
~Will Rogers

"This I offer in explanation of how it was that I found myself in my undergarments as I sat in my cell attempting to plot my escape."
~Professor Phineas Valeyard, Miskatonic University Dept.of Psychodynamic Natural History.

New Facebook Page:
https://www.facebook.com/Valeyard-Magic-Stage-233226717588438/
S2000magician
View Profile
Inner circle
Yorba Linda, CA
3469 Posts

Profile of S2000magician
Quote:
On Oct 20, 2019, Jonathan Townsend wrote:
. . . including a Japanese series with a flying submarine.

The Japanese weren't the only ones with a flying submarine.
The Magic Cafe Forum Index » » Not very magical, still... » » Time travel (5 Likes)
 Go to page [Previous]  1~2~3~4~5~6~7~8~9
[ Top of Page ]
All content & postings Copyright © 2001-2019 Steve Brooks. All Rights Reserved.
This page was created in 0.09 seconds requiring 5 database queries.
The views and comments expressed on The Magic Café
are not necessarily those of The Magic Café, Steve Brooks, or Steve Brooks Magic.
> Privacy Statement <

ROTFL Billions and billions served! ROTFL