We Remember The Magic Café We Remember
Username:
Password:
[ Lost Password ]
  [ Forgot Username ]
The Magic Cafe Forum Index » » Books, Pamphlets & Lecture Notes » » Chris Kenner's "Totally Out Of Control" -- OOP??? (0 Likes) Printer Friendly Version

Salby
View Profile
Inner circle
New Jersey
1174 Posts

Profile of Salby
Is this book Out Of Print (OOP)??

If not, where can one purchase it??? I have it, but my buddy is looking for a copy of it.
You know how to make God laugh?........... Tell him your plans!!!
Donny Orbit
View Profile
Special user
944 Posts

Profile of Donny Orbit
Salby,

You're in luck man. Richard Kaufman is about to reprint and is offering a pre-publication price of $35.

http://kaufman.geniimagazine.com/

DOnny
do magic

www.8bom.net
Salby
View Profile
Inner circle
New Jersey
1174 Posts

Profile of Salby
Thanks Donny.... That is Great to know!!!
You know how to make God laugh?........... Tell him your plans!!!
MagicSanta
View Profile
Inner circle
Northern Nevada
5845 Posts

Profile of MagicSanta
Not to those who were sucked in to paying $$$$$$ on Ebay for it!
Peo Olsson
View Profile
Inner circle
Stockholm, Sweden
3260 Posts

Profile of Peo Olsson
I bought Totaly Out of Control when it was first published and trulry enjoed it from the start, great effects and I love Chris Kenner's zany humor and his crazy illustrations.

Im keen als to purchse The New Jinx as I have the full set Annemann's The Jinx and because I like mentalism.
Pictured to the left my hero and me during FISM 2006 in Stockholm.
kadz
View Profile
Regular user
187 Posts

Profile of kadz
Wasn't this book reprinted sometime last year or 2 years ago??
So the 2nd printing went OOP?
msc455magic
View Profile
Inner circle
Taipei, Taiwan
1523 Posts

Profile of msc455magic
I believe so
Steven Leung
View Profile
Inner circle
found the Magic Rainbow after
1609 Posts

Profile of Steven Leung
Though I know effects inside are quite difficult, it is still a good investment and collection of Chris Kenner's early work before his recent active in theory 11.
Most memorable moment - with Maestro Juan Tamariz & Consuelo Lorgia in FISM Busan 2018.

"Being fooled by a trick doesn't always mean they are having a good time" - Homer Liwag

https://hhpresents.com/
https://www.glitchstudiohk.com/
Gregory57
View Profile
Loyal user
244 Posts

Profile of Gregory57
I bought the first edition many years ago and can tell you that it contains many rock solid routines, however the only problem I have with the book are the juvenile attempts at humor using cartoons with negative remarks/captions directed toward Michael Ammar and David Harkey, among others. I also witnessed some of this same type "humor" demonstated by the author at some conventions many years ago and again found it to be very unfunny. I assume the author thought it was creative and smart, but it was neither. Maybe the latest edition of the book could include just the magic and leave this other nonsense out.
Cliff Gregory Wollin
Donny Orbit
View Profile
Special user
944 Posts

Profile of Donny Orbit
Then it wouldn't technically be Totally Out of Control. It would be entitled, Chris Kenner's book stripped down to only the effects to appeal to some people that don't like his humor. Might be to much of a title.
do magic

www.8bom.net
Kimura
View Profile
Special user
520 Posts

Profile of Kimura
Quote:
On 2008-01-07 23:04, Gregory57 wrote:
Maybe the latest edition of the book could include just the magic and leave this other nonsense out.

I hope not! I plan on getting the reprint and I want to see this nonsense. If you don't like it ignore it or scribble it out!
Gregory57
View Profile
Loyal user
244 Posts

Profile of Gregory57
It just seemed the author had a grudge against certain people and by expressing it in a book of fine magic, for me at least, it just made the entire book appear childish and distracted from the magic. Of course it doesn't make the magic any less powerful, it just seemed unnecessary and a poor way to present a book. Just my opinion, and at the time, many of the people I spoke with who purchased the book and who witnessed some of the same humor presented at a convention.
Cliff Gregory Wollin
RevJohn
View Profile
Inner circle
Oregon City Oregon, Oregon
2472 Posts

Profile of RevJohn
I don't know... when I saw his work at MagicLive (same type of humor put to film) with the Magicians that took part, I think much, if not all of it, was in fun. Kenner, from what I can tell, and of course I know him so well (that was dry humor), is a pretty nice guy.

If his humor was a pointed attack on people, I would guess that Magicians such as Mac King would not take part in playing the part of a friend, i.e., Max Maven, etc.

I could be wrong, and have been before. But that is how I see it.

RevJohn
Rennie
View Profile
Inner circle
I think I have about
1739 Posts

Profile of Rennie
Quote:
On 2008-01-05 00:31, MagicSanta wrote:
Not to those who were sucked in to paying $$$$$$ on Ebay for it!

I 2nd that motion !!!
Rennie
The effect is the important thing, how you achieve it is not.......
jdbach
View Profile
Regular user
United States
174 Posts

Profile of jdbach
Quote:
On 2008-01-08 11:21, RevJohn wrote:
I don't know... when I saw his work at MagicLive (same type of humor put to film) with the Magicians that took part, I think much, if not all of it, was in fun. Kenner, from what I can tell, and of course I know him so well (that was dry humor), is a pretty nice guy.

If his humor was a pointed attack on people, I would guess that Magicians such as Mac King would not take part in playing the part of a friend, i.e., Max Maven, etc.

I could be wrong, and have been before. But that is how I see it.

RevJohn

I was given this book as a gift. Ater the first reading I thought that the approach to the material was very funny! This is not my style of magic, however I certainly appreciate the humor.
The Magic Cafe Forum Index » » Books, Pamphlets & Lecture Notes » » Chris Kenner's "Totally Out Of Control" -- OOP??? (0 Likes)
X
[ Top of Page ]
All content & postings Copyright © 2001-2021 Steve Brooks. All Rights Reserved.
This page was created in 0.18 seconds requiring 5 database queries.
The views and comments expressed on The Magic Café
are not necessarily those of The Magic Café, Steve Brooks, or Steve Brooks Magic.
> Privacy Statement <

ROTFL Billions and billions served! ROTFL