We Remember The Magic Café We Remember
Username:
Password:
[ Lost Password ]
  [ Forgot Username ]
The Magic Cafe Forum Index » » Nothing up my sleeve... » » Quarter swallow (0 Likes) Printer Friendly Version

bryanlonden
View Profile
Special user
Maryland
583 Posts

Profile of bryanlonden
Hey everyone,

I was looking for a way to take a quarter show it is in my mouth, and then "swallow" it. Any help would be appreciated,
bryan
NEW Conscious clothing to inspire yourself and others.

http://www.thisisdivisions.com
Mb217
View Profile
Inner circle
8883 Posts

Profile of Mb217
Here's a way of doing it that looks pretty believable to me. He doesn't use a quarter, actually silver dollars but same difference. Personally,

I don't think it gets much better than this. Smile Enjoy, as you're watching a real master at work doing what you asked about and so much more. Smile -Mb

http://youtube.com/watch?v=YnbDnQJbYJA
*Check out my latest: Gifts From The Old Country: A Mini-Magic Book, MBs Mini-Lecture on Coin Magic, The MB Tanspo PLUS, MB's Morgan, Copper Silver INC, Double Trouble, FlySki, Crimp Change - REDUX!, and other fine magic at gumroad.com/mb217magic Smile

"Believe in YOU, and you will see the greatest magic that ever was." -Mb Smile
Thomas Wayne
View Profile
Inner circle
Alaska
2240 Posts

Profile of Thomas Wayne
Quote:
On 2008-01-05 16:11, bryanlonden wrote:
Hey everyone,

I was looking for a way to take a quarter show it is in my mouth, and then "swallow" it. Any help would be appreciated,
bryan

Just do it. Many a baby has done it without harm; if the cost is an issue, don't worry - it'll come out in your diaper.

TW
MOST magicians: "Here's a quarter, it's gone, you're an idiot, it's back, you're a jerk, show's over." Jerry Seinfeld
remf3
View Profile
New user
Novato, California
67 Posts

Profile of remf3
'Just do it. Many a baby has done it without harm; if the cost is an issue, don't worry - it'll come out in your diaper.'

On demand reproduction of the coin may be a bit difficult...without certain help anyway.
Tom Christensen
View Profile
Regular user
La Crescenta, California
134 Posts

Profile of Tom Christensen
Thanks for posting that link Marion!
mfeld
View Profile
Elite user
San Francisco
458 Posts

Profile of mfeld
Bryan,

Check out Curtis Kam's Ate Misbehavin'. One phase of the routine is eating coins and then taking a big chunk out of the last one. He gets a pretty good burn on the retention as he eats them. Also Chris Korn has a move like that on the Coinvention DVD.

hope that helps
Michael Feldman
www.michaelfeldman.com

Or follow me on Twitter - @magicianmike
And Instagram - @magicianmichaelfeldman

Check out my newest book with Ryan Plunkett: A New Angle
https://www.ryancplunkett.com/project/anewangle
Gary Yin
View Profile
Elite user
Sabah, Malaysia
449 Posts

Profile of Gary Yin
Chris Korn has a convincing audio that you chew the coin. It is in Radical Korn DVD. 3 Korn Vanish.
yrag89@hotmail.com (msn msgr)

Gary Justin Yin.
Thomas Wayne
View Profile
Inner circle
Alaska
2240 Posts

Profile of Thomas Wayne
Quote:
On 2008-01-06 00:07, remf3 wrote:
'Just do it. Many a baby has done it without harm; if the cost is an issue, don't worry - it'll come out in your diaper.'

On demand reproduction of the coin may be a bit difficult...without certain help anyway.

All that is required is enough time and a pair of rubber gloves. A bran muffin might also help.

TW
MOST magicians: "Here's a quarter, it's gone, you're an idiot, it's back, you're a jerk, show's over." Jerry Seinfeld
Rickbc
View Profile
Regular user
160 Posts

Profile of Rickbc
Bryan,
If YOU swallow a quarter, or REALLY try to. You will have major problems. As a retired Firefighter you will block your air pipe, as people refer to it. I responded to a call of a child that had a contest with his brother, who could swallow the most pennies. On of the brothers almost died. When we got to the house the one boy was BLUE in the face. I'm not a doctor, but just some friendly advise.

Figure out how the guy in the video did it, I'll bet it's all just slight of hand.

Best to you.....Rick
MB's effects are at
www.vinnymarini.com
Thomas Wayne
View Profile
Inner circle
Alaska
2240 Posts

Profile of Thomas Wayne
Quote:
On 2008-01-07 22:21, Rickbc wrote:
Bryan,
If YOU swallow a quarter, or REALLY try to. You will have major problems. As a retired Firefighter you will block your air pipe, as people refer to it. I responded to a call of a child that had a contest with his brother, who could swallow the most pennies. On of the brothers almost died. When we got to the house the one boy was BLUE in the face. I'm not a doctor, but just some friendly advise.

Figure out how the guy in the video did it, I'll bet it's all just slight of hand.

Best to you.....Rick

There you have it! You can actually perform two effects for the price of one; the vanishing quarter AND the color changing face...

TW
phill w
View Profile
New user
York, England
14 Posts

Profile of phill w
Quote:
On 2008-01-05 22:19, Mb217 wrote:
Here's a way of doing it that looks pretty believable to me. He doesn't use a quarter, actually silver dollars but same difference. Personally,

I don't think it gets much better than this. Smile Enjoy, as you're watching a real master at work doing what you asked about and so much more. Smile -Mb

http://youtube.com/watch?v=YnbDnQJbYJA

Great vid / link thanks
Phill
The Magic Cafe Forum Index » » Nothing up my sleeve... » » Quarter swallow (0 Likes)
[ Top of Page ]
All content & postings Copyright © 2001-2021 Steve Brooks. All Rights Reserved.
This page was created in 0.12 seconds requiring 5 database queries.
The views and comments expressed on The Magic Café
are not necessarily those of The Magic Café, Steve Brooks, or Steve Brooks Magic.
> Privacy Statement <

ROTFL Billions and billions served! ROTFL