The Magic Café
Username:
Password:
[ Lost Password ]
  [ Forgot Username ]
The Magic Cafe Forum Index » » Dvd, Video tape, Audio tape & Compact discs. » » Mel Mellers' Undiscovered Wonder DVD (1 Likes) Printer Friendly Version

Go to page [Previous]  1~2~3~4 [Next]
takeachance
View Profile
Inner circle
3777 Posts

Profile of takeachance
Any reviews yet?
Rupert Bair
View Profile
Inner circle
?
2181 Posts

Profile of Rupert Bair
I loved the clown.
Pete Legend
View Profile
Inner circle
Ireland
1401 Posts

Profile of Pete Legend
Quote:
On 2008-02-24 15:44, Rupert Bair wrote:
I loved the clown.

Yea you would.....
CinChiller
View Profile
Elite user
Germany
404 Posts

Profile of CinChiller
I like the mell mellers style and so I enjoyed this dvd also.
I´m also a proud owner of the "tickling the mind" 1+2 dvds and I love them.

This time I didn´t find a lot of stuff I could or would use. Smile

The effect I love is the mindreading duck.
Russ or Mell Mellers (if you read my words and want to answer): Where can I find such duck?? This duck is great but I never saw such puppet, where can I get it?
The Gaff Book Collection - the right tool for your booktest.
Music for mentalism and psychic entertainment.
Visit: http://stores.lulu.com/dankworth01
russ stevens
View Profile
Special user
Russ Stevens
571 Posts

Profile of russ stevens
Hi CinChiller,

I've emailed Mel to ask him for you, but he's away at the moment. I think that he had the duck made by his own prop builder. I do remember a dealer selling a similar prop some time ago... does anyone remember who?

Best,
Russ
CinChiller
View Profile
Elite user
Germany
404 Posts

Profile of CinChiller
Hi Russ,
thanks for the effort.
Would be great, if this puppet could be available somewhere.
Woodfield
View Profile
Special user
758 Posts

Profile of Woodfield
Can somebody describe the duck puppet routine?
-Woodfield
corpmagi
View Profile
Special user
New York
725 Posts

Profile of corpmagi
I too enjoyed the Meller's DVD 1&2. This new set is a bit problematic in that several of the effects that were demonstrated, were not his to explain. The Mindreading Duck belongs Steve Spills, who has been doing that routine for more than 25 years (Magicopolis and Brooke Farm Inn of Magic) and the phone book test uses a ruse from Val Andrews Un-faked Book Test again with no credit.

I had heard that Steve Spills may be releasing the mindreading Duck with his complete routine and all the props. I'll keep you posted.
A Modern Trade Show Handbook
www.trafficstoppers.com/handbook
INMOTION
View Profile
Regular user
Ohio
167 Posts

Profile of INMOTION
I have to agree with cinchiller, I did not find this DVD as good as the Tickling the Mind set. There is still some great stuff on the new DVD, and of course the same ole humor and lines from Mel himself...I enjoyed the Duck routine as well, very simplistic, and definetly something someone could add to and build on. I will say that the duck appeared to me to be a stuffed animal, not a puppet. With that being said, I would assume one could substitute just about any type of stuffed animal or puppet for that routine.
CinChiller
View Profile
Elite user
Germany
404 Posts

Profile of CinChiller
Inmotion, you are right, it´s more a stuffed animal than a puppet and it´s a goose and not a duck, but it´s animated and this animation technique makes it so interesting for me.
Michael Dustman
View Profile
Inner circle
Columbus, Ohio
1223 Posts

Profile of Michael Dustman
I am waiting for my copy to be delivered. Would be a shame if the goose routine was lifted from Steve.

To back up what corpmagi has said, I believe this is to be released in the near future. I know Bob Kohler had the prototype on display at Magic Live that the routine of Steve's would be released. A very funny routine that I have loved for almost 20 years.
CinChiller
View Profile
Elite user
Germany
404 Posts

Profile of CinChiller
The "mindreading duck" (yes, I have to correct me, I took a closer look again and it´s something between a duck and a goose) is a variation of the effect from "tickling the mind". It´s the mindreading act with the house number. The difference is "just" the animal that do all the magic.

@ Michael, unfortunatly I don´t know the routine you talk of, but it sounds interesting. Can you tell me more? And which steve do you mean?
Markymark
View Profile
Inner circle
1691 Posts

Profile of Markymark
Sorry to butt in.. but you can purchase 'The Steve Spill scrapbook' from his site
http://www.magicopolis.com His Mindreading goose is on there and very enjoyable it is
too!
''In memory of a once fluid man,crammed and distorted by the classical mess'' -Bruce Lee
CinChiller
View Profile
Elite user
Germany
404 Posts

Profile of CinChiller
Thanks Markymark,
unfortunatly I find many links there, but no link to his stuff he offers.
I just can find his dvd at hocus-pocus but nothing more.
Do you have some deeper links?
Markymark
View Profile
Inner circle
1691 Posts

Profile of Markymark
Hi, If you click on the link to buy tickets it will take you to his small online
shop. He was offering this excellent dvd with $10.00 while he was a guest here on
the Café so mention this place and he may give you a discount.
I love my performance only dvd's! [This,Max Maven and Del Ray]
''In memory of a once fluid man,crammed and distorted by the classical mess'' -Bruce Lee
Markymark
View Profile
Inner circle
1691 Posts

Profile of Markymark
$10.00 discount I should have wrote! And he paid postage to Europe!
CinChiller
View Profile
Elite user
Germany
404 Posts

Profile of CinChiller
Markymark, thanks for the hints. I contacted steve. This dvd is the only product he offers.

@ Michael Dustman,
No word about the goose routine nor tghat he plans to release it in the near future.
Futureal
View Profile
Inner circle
1695 Posts

Profile of Futureal
So no one has watched the new DVD yet?
Mumblemore
View Profile
Inner circle
1429 Posts

Profile of Mumblemore
I've watched and have to agree that while I like Mellers' style, it wasn't quite up to Tickling the Mind Vol I. (I haven't seen V. II but imagine it to be quite clever). I have also seen Spills' performance of the duck, and yes, Mellers did remind me of that one. I also liked the phone book effect and his book test. The bouquet appearance was rather pedestrian, and his "noises that aren't pleasant" wasn't as thoughtful as some of his stuff. . .

On the whole, it's definitely worth seeing, but not up to his earlier work.
Ireland
View Profile
Loyal user
Regina, Sask. Canada
217 Posts

Profile of Ireland
I think part of the reason this dvd was somewhat dissapointing was due to the makeup of the crowd...it looks like he played a Christmas event in a seniors residence (ie 80+)...they just didn't react as a group to Mellers lines or effects....maybe they couldn't relate to his character or maybe there was just too few of them as you need a critical mass of people to produce and feed off the room energy.
The Magic Cafe Forum Index » » Dvd, Video tape, Audio tape & Compact discs. » » Mel Mellers' Undiscovered Wonder DVD (1 Likes)
 Go to page [Previous]  1~2~3~4 [Next]
X
[ Top of Page ]
All content & postings Copyright © 2001-2024 Steve Brooks. All Rights Reserved.
This page was created in 0.03 seconds requiring 5 database queries.
The views and comments expressed on The Magic Café
are not necessarily those of The Magic Café, Steve Brooks, or Steve Brooks Magic.
> Privacy Statement <

ROTFL Billions and billions served! ROTFL