The Magic Café
Username:
Password:
[ Lost Password ]
  [ Forgot Username ]
The Magic Cafe Forum Index » » Smooth as silk » » Liquid to silk (0 Likes) Printer Friendly Version

Regan
View Profile
Inner circle
U.S.A.
5699 Posts

Profile of Regan
Hi.

I am working on a new routine, and I need a way to trasform liquid into silks.....possibly a long, silk streamer. (30' x 4"....or....30' x 6")

In your opinion, what would be my best option to pull this off?

Thanks!

Regan
Mister Mystery
limkris
View Profile
Regular user
Belgium
165 Posts

Profile of limkris
Mirror glass?

Posted: Jan 7, 2008 1:04pm
Pull filled with slush powder?
Regan
View Profile
Inner circle
U.S.A.
5699 Posts

Profile of Regan
Thanks, but my my mirror glass is too small for this effect. I try to refrain from using the slush powder too! Smile

Regan
Mister Mystery
TWOCAN
View Profile
Special user
PORT RICHEY FLORIDA
813 Posts

Profile of TWOCAN
Use a fake water glass that looks like liquid is poring out and then just produce the silks. Other wise you have to go with the slush powder or mirror glass
Maker of Copper /Silver coin gaffs +

https://perch-star-nbdt.squarespace.com/home

Okito box clip.
http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=100n9CnFjXw
Visit my face book page , Copper silver coins by PT
Spellbinder
View Profile
Inner circle
The Holy City of East Orange, NJ
6438 Posts

Profile of Spellbinder
Quote:
On 2008-01-07 17:37, TWOCAN wrote:
Use a fake water glass that looks like liquid is poring out and then just produce the silks. Other wise you have to go with the slush powder or mirror glass

Hmmmm. That's very limiting. No one has yet even suggested a Crystal Silk Cylinder that can hold liquids... using it in reverse; or making use of an Okito Glass ( http://tinyurl.com/ypysrh ); introducing a load into a Lota or Foo Can; even making use of a specially designed Milk Pitcher. Don't give up on possibilities quite so easily. We need more information on the amount and type of liquid, and perhaps the effect that will lead into this one from the routine you have planned, and the one that will continue on from there... or is this to be the finale?
Professor Spellbinder

Professor Emeritus at the Turkey Buzzard Academy of Magik, Witchcraft and Wizardry

http://www.magicnook.com

Publisher of The Wizards' Journals
Regan
View Profile
Inner circle
U.S.A.
5699 Posts

Profile of Regan
Thanks for the responses. The routine I am planning is just in it's infancy. I am researching right now, and there are a few things I am uncertain of. I have a couple of different directions I may go, so it's difficult to know some things right now.

I am trying to find out some more infomation about Grant's Magic Teakettle. The amount of liquid will be determined somewhat by this prop. Or. if it doesn't work out, I have another idea also.

Whatever I choose to go with, it will not be a lot of liquid, but I do want it to be a lot of silk. As I stated above, I am hoping I can use a long streamer.

Now please don't think I am totally cofused about how Grant's Magic Teakettle works. I understand that with it you can pour several (maybe many) different drinks, then produce silks of matching colors. (I am trying to find out the load capacity for the silks) After that, you can pour all the drinks back into the teakettle, swirl it around, *magic*~*magic*, and then pour out clear liquid. It's not supposed to be a chemical change as the liquid is drinkable.

If I use Grant's Magic Teakettle in my routine, I may or may not be using it the way I described above. Having said that, the liquid vanish and streamer production is a seperate part of the routine anyway. The amount of liquid may depend upon the amount of the final pour, which may depend upon the amount and number of drinks poured.

I really don't need too many different types of drinks, so I am thinking I may use fewer types with larger quantiies. I hope I made myself clear. I realize that was sort of a feeble attempt at a description. Maybe it will clear things up a little.

Thanks again, and if you have more ideas, please post them.

Regan
Mister Mystery
hugmagic
View Profile
Inner circle
7421 Posts

Profile of hugmagic
I would use a niffin tube. Some of the Aluminum ones were made to be watertight.

Also look at my Atomic Cocktail Shaker. Similar to the tea kettle. Video is on line.

Richard
Richard E. Hughes, Hughes Magic Inc., 352 N. Prospect St., Ravenna, OH 44266 (330)296-4023
www.hughesmagic.com
email-hugmagic@raex.com
Write direct as I will be turning off my PM's.
Regan
View Profile
Inner circle
U.S.A.
5699 Posts

Profile of Regan
Thanks Richard.
Mister Mystery
Bob Sanders
View Profile
Grammar Supervisor
Magic Valley Ranch, Clanton, Alabama
20519 Posts

Profile of Bob Sanders
Regan,

I sent you a PM.

Bob Sanders
Magic By Sander
Bob Sanders

Magic By Sander / The Amazed Wiz

AmazedWiz@Yahoo.com
Regan
View Profile
Inner circle
U.S.A.
5699 Posts

Profile of Regan
Bob, I appreciate the PM. Great suggestion, by the way!

Regan
Mister Mystery
Regan
View Profile
Inner circle
U.S.A.
5699 Posts

Profile of Regan
Ok, uys, I am back at it again. I have been making refinments to my ideas, and I happened to think of a Coffee Vase.

Here is what I need to do: I need to be able to pour liquid (not very much...just a few ounces)into something, *Magic~Magic*, and produce silks/streamers from the same prop. Can you guys tell me if I can do this with the Coffee Vase, and how big of a silk load it will hold.

Thanks!

Regan
Mister Mystery
Spellbinder
View Profile
Inner circle
The Holy City of East Orange, NJ
6438 Posts

Profile of Spellbinder
I'm trying to think of when the last time was that I actually saw someone using a coffee vase for coffee... was it 1893 or 1902? It seems the only people in the world who even know what a coffee vase is are magicians. Now, cocktail shakers are still in use, mostly at bars, so if you have a bar act one wouldn't be out of place. My rule is to try to use props that are in common use within the current century, so as not to look too out of date. Unless, of course, you are playing the role of an ancient wizard, and then antique props fit right in.

In any case, by using a 21st century milk pitcher, you can appear to pour milk into any other 20th/21st century container that people recognize. You can even really pour in a few drops of the milk, which are caught in a glass and changed to appear as strawberry milk or chocolate milk when the glass is produced. Your silks will stay nice and dry and you can produce all that the container will hold. Best of all, you can make all the props you need after a visit to the Dollar Store and following the directions for my DIY (Do-It-Yourself) Milk Pitcher article in the Dollar Store section on my site.
Professor Spellbinder

Professor Emeritus at the Turkey Buzzard Academy of Magik, Witchcraft and Wizardry

http://www.magicnook.com

Publisher of The Wizards' Journals
Bob Sanders
View Profile
Grammar Supervisor
Magic Valley Ranch, Clanton, Alabama
20519 Posts

Profile of Bob Sanders
Regan,

Do you remember the tube glass that Abbott's used to sell?

Bob Sanders
Magic By Sander
Bob Sanders

Magic By Sander / The Amazed Wiz

AmazedWiz@Yahoo.com
Regan
View Profile
Inner circle
U.S.A.
5699 Posts

Profile of Regan
Bob, did it have a name? I'm not sure I remember that. What did it do?
Mister Mystery
The Magic Cafe Forum Index » » Smooth as silk » » Liquid to silk (0 Likes)
[ Top of Page ]
All content & postings Copyright © 2001-2021 Steve Brooks. All Rights Reserved.
This page was created in 0.11 seconds requiring 5 database queries.
The views and comments expressed on The Magic Café
are not necessarily those of The Magic Café, Steve Brooks, or Steve Brooks Magic.
> Privacy Statement <

ROTFL Billions and billions served! ROTFL