The Magic Café
Username:
Password:
[ Lost Password ]
  [ Forgot Username ]
The Magic Cafe Forum Index » » The little darlings » » Mileage (0 Likes) Printer Friendly Version

Beowulf
View Profile
Loyal user
Thomas A. Lilly
281 Posts

Profile of Beowulf
Just finished up the tax data for 2007, and I notice that my performance related mileage was down this year. After two years of 20K+, I posted just over 17K for 2007. Still about 87% of the total mileage on the van.

Got me curious: how many performance related miles do you post a year?

Tom
Tony James
View Profile
Inner circle
Cheshire UK
1398 Posts

Profile of Tony James
That's going to depend on the person's business, isn't it? Those who travel no more than a radios of say 20 miles from home will have a much smaller mileage than those travelling distances with a specific type of show.

I cover the whole of the UK with Punch & Judy and clock in just over 30,000 but I know busy birthday party people in urban areas who come in under 10,000.

It's an interesting question but it might not actually tell you a great deal just on mileages.
Tony James

Still A Child At Heart
Father Photius
View Profile
Grammar Host
El Paso, TX (Formerly Amarillo)
17197 Posts

Profile of Father Photius
I'd agree with Tony. Depends on the type of show your doing. When I did school shows, we traveled a lot, been a few years but 30,000 range wasn't unusual. Playing local fare is going to keep it way down. I also know magicians who never really leave the county they live in and make a good living. Illusionist and stage show people are going to have some big travel bills.
"Now here's the man with the 25 cent hands, that two bit magician..."
Beowulf
View Profile
Loyal user
Thomas A. Lilly
281 Posts

Profile of Beowulf
I was thinking more along the lines of platform work: libraries, schools, birthday parties, festivals, company picnics and parties, table hopping. More or less what I consider family events, the sorta places we encounter the little darlings, as opposed to full evening shows.

I guess my curiosity was probably more about what others are doing to make it full-time.

Maybe the question should have been about how many separate jobs you booked last year as a full-time family entertainer.

I'm based in Maryland and work in DC, northern Virginia, a little in south eastern Pennsylvania, and Delaware.

On average about 230 jobs a year.
Rock_Slatestone
View Profile
Regular user
Been Here A While But My Post Count Is
120 Posts

Profile of Rock_Slatestone
Will you get to the show faster if you travel in Kilometers or Miles?

:)
rossmacrae
View Profile
Inner circle
Arlington, Virginia
2414 Posts

Profile of rossmacrae
What if you were an astronaut? Did you know that space is just an hour's leisurely drive away, if your car could go straight up?
The Magic Cafe Forum Index » » The little darlings » » Mileage (0 Likes)
[ Top of Page ]
All content & postings Copyright © 2001-2020 Steve Brooks. All Rights Reserved.
This page was created in 0.1 seconds requiring 5 database queries.
The views and comments expressed on The Magic Café
are not necessarily those of The Magic Café, Steve Brooks, or Steve Brooks Magic.
> Privacy Statement <

ROTFL Billions and billions served! ROTFL