The Magic Café
Username:
Password:
[ Lost Password ]
  [ Forgot Username ]
The Magic Cafe Forum Index » » The Magic Café Tech Help Area » » Is "View this user's posts in last 30 days" working? (0 Likes) Printer Friendly Version

Go to page 1~2 [Next]
Turk
View Profile
Inner circle
Portland, OR
3546 Posts

Profile of Turk
Hello, Gene and MaryB.

I tried to use this feature for myself and other members and I keep getting a 404 Error. Is this feature disable or down, or, is it just on my computer?

Thanks for the info--and thanks for the continuous great job you do in maintaining the Café site.

Mike
Magic is a vanishing Art.

This must not be Kansas anymore, Toto.

Eschew obfuscation.
Gene
View Profile
Café Forum Developer
Howard City, MI
276 Posts

Profile of Gene
Right now it's disabled. The search engine took the server down earlier today, so I have to make a few changes to it. I'll get it done as soon as I can.
Somebody kick me off the computer, will ya? Smile Smile
Turk
View Profile
Inner circle
Portland, OR
3546 Posts

Profile of Turk
No problem, Gene. I just wanted to make certain it wasn't my computer acting up....again. (grin)

Thanks for all the hard work you and MaryB put into this site. It is very much appreciated and never enough are thanks expressed to you both.

Mike

P.S. And thanks also to that SteveB guy whose vision and tenacity were the genesis of the most successful magic forum in the world.
Magic is a vanishing Art.

This must not be Kansas anymore, Toto.

Eschew obfuscation.
Gene
View Profile
Café Forum Developer
Howard City, MI
276 Posts

Profile of Gene
SteveB? Sorry, I don't know him. Smile
T.G Kenny
View Profile
Loyal user
Malaysia
243 Posts

Profile of T.G Kenny
Yes , I got the same problem too , Gene ! Good luck with it ! All the best !
mickey.w
View Profile
Veteran user
HK
313 Posts

Profile of mickey.w
For the time being, I got an idea.......go google and just use the search the same way; just type "The magic Café" before whatever you might be searching. I've just tried it....works pretty well for general searches. Smile
KyleThorson
View Profile
New user
Raleigh, NC
98 Posts

Profile of KyleThorson
You might get better results if you use the google "site" search feature. For example, you can perform a search for say cups and balls by entering the following as your search string:

"cups and balls" site:www.themagiccafe.com

Kyle
ed rhodes
View Profile
Inner circle
Rhode Island
2889 Posts

Profile of ed rhodes
OK fair enough. Once again I was afraid it was me. (I'm kinda paranoid when anything goes wrong like that!) Smile

Thanks.
"...and if you're too afraid of goin' astray, you won't go anywhere." - Granny Weatherwax
RogerI
View Profile
New user
18 Posts

Profile of RogerI
I am still getting the error message when using search and for looking for my posts in the last 30 days...are you still working on it?
Thank you,
Roger
Bill Palmer
View Profile
Eternal Order
Only Jonathan Townsend has more than
24314 Posts

Profile of Bill Palmer
You only have three of them. Shouldn't you be able to remember where you posted them?
"The Swatter"

Founder of CODBAMMC

My Chickasaw name is "Throws Money at Cups."

www.cupsandballsmuseum.com
Dave V
View Profile
Inner circle
Las Vegas, NV
4824 Posts

Profile of Dave V
It's a "techie" thing. I pretty much know what I've posted and where, but it would bug me too to see a feature malfunctioning. Just yesterday Gene said he was still working on it.
No trees were killed in the making of this message, but a large number of electrons were terribly inconvenienced.
jlevey
View Profile
Inner circle
Montreal, Quebec, Canada
2076 Posts

Profile of jlevey
... we'll have to pay Gene more!

Gene, if we double your current salary to serve as the Magic Café techie, would it help? (lol)

--thanks for working on this in your free time Gene.

You always come through and I know you will gain.

Jonathan
Jonathan
Max & Maxine Entertainment
Magicians with a touch of comedy!
kusoyon
View Profile
New user
Muskegon, Michigan
77 Posts

Profile of kusoyon
Gene,
Thank you, for your services to the Magic Café. I really appreciate all the time & trouble shooting you invest to keep us up and running.

Frank Thomas
"The closer you look; the less you see"
H. Blackston Jr.
Gene
View Profile
Café Forum Developer
Howard City, MI
276 Posts

Profile of Gene
As a point of interest (in case you're interested Smile), the search engine uses eight pages of code (105K) to work properly. All of it is intertwined too, so changes can be a little difficult depending on what needs to be done. I hope to have it done sometime this weekend.

Stay tuned to this channel for further updates ... Smile
T.G Kenny
View Profile
Loyal user
Malaysia
243 Posts

Profile of T.G Kenny
Alright ! Thank you so much Gene ! All the best !
Roger Kelly
View Profile
Inner circle
Kent, England
3332 Posts

Profile of Roger Kelly
It's moments like this that we realise just how we all too often take the Café and its many services for granted. I've been completey scuppered without the search engine recently. Its like not having salt and vinegar to put on yer chips! (Sorry all my American friends - fries!)
Mr. Muggle
View Profile
Special user
999 Posts

Profile of Mr. Muggle
Thanks for the update Gene!
"Now you're looking for the secret... but you won't find it because you're not really looking. You don't really want to know the secret... You want to be fooled." - The Prestige (2006)
Dougini
View Profile
Inner circle
The Beautiful State Of Maine
7130 Posts

Profile of Dougini
Man...this is difficult. Hope it's fixed soon...

Doug
Gene
View Profile
Café Forum Developer
Howard City, MI
276 Posts

Profile of Gene
Me too. I'm in my dev area working on it now, I have my dev area set up as a "live" copy so I can get real-world results of the changes I'm making. The changes aren't going to be generally noticed by anybody, it's all mostly behind-the-scenes stuff.
Dougini
View Profile
Inner circle
The Beautiful State Of Maine
7130 Posts

Profile of Dougini
Thanks Gene! You DA MAN!
The Magic Cafe Forum Index » » The Magic Café Tech Help Area » » Is "View this user's posts in last 30 days" working? (0 Likes)
 Go to page 1~2 [Next]
[ Top of Page ]
All content & postings Copyright © 2001-2024 Steve Brooks. All Rights Reserved.
This page was created in 0.02 seconds requiring 5 database queries.
The views and comments expressed on The Magic Café
are not necessarily those of The Magic Café, Steve Brooks, or Steve Brooks Magic.
> Privacy Statement <

ROTFL Billions and billions served! ROTFL