The Magic Café
Username:
Password:
[ Lost Password ]
  [ Forgot Username ]
The Magic Cafe Forum Index » » Grand illusion » » SubTrunks! Which One? (0 Likes) Printer Friendly Version

Go to page 1~2 [Next]
Magic Patrick
View Profile
Inner circle
Minnesota
1586 Posts

Profile of Magic Patrick
All,

I am interested in buying a subtrunk but am not sure which one I should buy. Please help. I am looking at Dream Illusion's trunk, Snap Illusion's trunk and Chalet's trunk. Can anyone give me pros and cons of each? No builders please just those who have bought one of these. Thanks.

BYUDAD
jkesler
View Profile
Loyal user
246 Posts

Profile of jkesler
How often do you intend on using the trunk?
James
Magic Patrick
View Profile
Inner circle
Minnesota
1586 Posts

Profile of Magic Patrick
15 time a month.

BYUDAD
M-Illusion
View Profile
Special user
549 Posts

Profile of M-Illusion
Chalet builds a great trunk, but it's so difficult to get anything from them right now. Dream Illusions makes terrific props and their turnaround time is very quick. I would say it's a toss-up between those two, a lot depending on how fast you need it. With Chalet, you could be waiting years, if you ever get it.

As far as Snap, I have no idea about their quality. Their customer service has been good to me, but I am yet to order anything.
jkesler
View Profile
Loyal user
246 Posts

Profile of jkesler
Performing it 15x a month, a Chalet trunk will hold up over the long haul. Sorry, I have never worked with the other trunks.
James
magic4u02
View Profile
Eternal Order
Philadelphia, PA
15111 Posts

Profile of magic4u02
I too only have a Chalet packing create style sub trunk and it has worked great for me over the years and has held up just fine. Although, M-Illusion does bring up a good point that it is hard to get anything from Chalet these days as they are backlogged and George is trying his best to keep up with things.

Kyle
Kyle Peron

http://www.kylekellymagic.com

Entertainers Product Site

http://kpmagicproducts.com

Join Our Facebook Fan Page at

http://facebook.com/perondesign
The Mirror Images
View Profile
Inner circle
Michigan/USA
1980 Posts

Profile of The Mirror Images
Dream-illusion and Chalet are great quality. They both are top notch trunks. Again it will take years to get anything from Chalet. Plus with Dream Illusion it is a no bolt assembly which is an awesome for set up time and so forth. So I would go with Dream Illusions.

I don't know much about Snap. But have heard good things. I have worked with the other trunks and both are fantastic.

Best in your purchase.
Steven and Michael, The Mirror Images
The MOST Identical Twin Illusionist
http://www.themirrorimages.com
Check out our latest new effect
- Liquid Steel NEW
- MotoBox NEW
- MotoMation NEW
- Voyager
Magic Patrick
View Profile
Inner circle
Minnesota
1586 Posts

Profile of Magic Patrick
All,
Thank you for all the great responses. You guys rock!

BYUDAD
Chezaday
View Profile
Inner circle
Naperville, IL
1670 Posts

Profile of Chezaday
Where are you working 15 times a month?

Steve
Magic Patrick
View Profile
Inner circle
Minnesota
1586 Posts

Profile of Magic Patrick
Chezaday,

Pretty much at local schools, private parties from referrals, and and my regular monthly gigs (on the local military base). I am using a new marketing strategy to go after the shows that I want rather than the show I have to take. It is working wonders. It is doing so well that in April I am leaving the military to take on magic full time and hope to do 30-40 gigs per month. This is why I need a trunk that breaks down flat so it will be easier on those multiple gig days that are happening more often now. I was playing guitar hero 3 with my kids and told them about you the other day. Good luck and keep rocking!

BYUDAD

Posted: Jan 9, 2008 9:23am
Chezaday,

As far as my location, I make it a rule not to give any personal information out on any chat room.

BYUDAD
Warlock1
View Profile
New user
96 Posts

Profile of Warlock1
Hopefully some one can offer some info into this issue. Why does it take Chalet so LONG to fabricate illusions, and have there been any not so pleasant of not receiving equipment.

wl1
Chezaday
View Profile
Inner circle
Naperville, IL
1670 Posts

Profile of Chezaday
Ah .. that would explain the lack of information on your profile. You wouldn't want to give out your location as the "insurgent-magi" may move into your location.

Seriously .. thank you for serving our country. I have much respect for everyone in the military.

Steve

P.S. I tried that Guitar Hero .. pretty funny. It's nothing like playing a real guitar .. there are no colored buttons!
Magic Patrick
View Profile
Inner circle
Minnesota
1586 Posts

Profile of Magic Patrick
All,
Thank you for all the great responses. You guys rock!

BYUDAD
Bob Sanders
View Profile
Grammar Supervisor
Magic Valley Ranch, Clanton, Alabama
20522 Posts

Profile of Bob Sanders
Don't overlook the opportunities to buy a used Chalet trunk.

Bob Sanders
Magic By Sander
Bob Sanders

Magic By Sander / The Amazed Wiz

AmazedWiz@Yahoo.com
Christopher Starr
View Profile
Inner circle
Heart of America
1851 Posts

Profile of Christopher Starr
Quote:
On 2008-01-09 09:20, BYUDAD wrote:
.... This is why I need a trunk that breaks down flat so it will be easier on those multiple gig days that are happening more often now....

I think that you will quickly decide that leaving a trunk (or any other prop) set-up will be far more desireable for those multiple gig days! You should be focusing on less setup/tear down, not more.

My 2˘

Chris
Swann101
View Profile
Special user
541 Posts

Profile of Swann101
Just build your own trunk, there cannot be an easier illusion to build, and you will save a fortune! Not saying there is anything wrong with Challet, Dream illusions and Snap, just something to consider.
Kyle^Ravin
View Profile
Inner circle
I slammed my head against
1070 Posts

Profile of Kyle^Ravin
I second that! build your own... it'll be more customised...
Arepsi
View Profile
Regular user
Finland
146 Posts

Profile of Arepsi
Dream illusions sub trunk is the best.

check out the video from my site: http://www.aarosorva.com

that's the one I use.

I've been waiting the George Kimery's trunk from december 2005. Still no trunk or no money. Jack Murray built my trunk in a week and it's top quality. PM if you want cool photos.
JayH
View Profile
Regular user
Finland
140 Posts

Profile of JayH
Hi all!

I have done magic now 9 years and I have considered a long time to have my own illusion show here in Finland, but I was heading to one big common problem... What should be my first illusion?

One option is Sub Trunk. Cool, easy made and effective, but so common.

If I chose this one, should I have it made by local carpenter or buy from Dream Illusions? Is there really so big difference?

Sorry my bad English.

Jay

Btw. First post here in Café Smile
M-Illusion
View Profile
Special user
549 Posts

Profile of M-Illusion
There are pros and cons to going with an experienced builder like Jack from Dream Illusions, as opposed to having a carpenter build a prop for you. Many times, you'll find a carpenter who is VERY skilled and can turn out beautiful items, but the downside is that they lack the knowledge of magical fabrication. My experiences with them have often led to them not understanding why certain things need to be the way they are and often saying "well, that isn't proper construction".

If you go with a carpenter, it's best to try and oversee as much of their work as possible and explain to them that there are sometimes things that need to be done that might not make sense to them, but it's imperative that they are done that way in order for the prop to work and sometimes, be safe.

Good luck!
The Magic Cafe Forum Index » » Grand illusion » » SubTrunks! Which One? (0 Likes)
 Go to page 1~2 [Next]
[ Top of Page ]
All content & postings Copyright © 2001-2021 Steve Brooks. All Rights Reserved.
This page was created in 0.12 seconds requiring 5 database queries.
The views and comments expressed on The Magic Café
are not necessarily those of The Magic Café, Steve Brooks, or Steve Brooks Magic.
> Privacy Statement <

ROTFL Billions and billions served! ROTFL