The Magic Café
Username:
Password:
[ Lost Password ]
  [ Forgot Username ]
The Magic Cafe Forum Index » » Nothing up my sleeve... » » Okito box magic (0 Likes) Printer Friendly Version

Go to page [Previous]  1~2
Leland Stone
View Profile
Inner circle
1204 Posts

Profile of Leland Stone
Quote:
On 2008-01-08 12:59, TWOCAN wrote:
Just wondering how many people still do box magic. I do not see it here much any more and just courious.

Hey, TWOCAN:

ALL of my Strolling work includes my routine using "MoJo Boogie Boxes" (couple of aluminium Okito boxes and a matching Boston Box). The boxes are introduced and justified as a gambling game (just like in Bob Farmer's script accompanying the boxes), and no one's ever questioned the props.

The boxes are sized to Sacagawea/Presidential dollars, and obviously can be used for other bits. I'll put two of the boxes away in their pouch, leaving one out while I do flourishes, a Matrix, whatever, then go into another Okito box routine, openly bringing in the other boxes as needed.

Strangeness is a given when I perform - I'm not there to do "normal." The oddball stuff I use is handled as though it's business as usual, everyday stuff -- uh, for me, anyway.

Leland
ShaunRobison
View Profile
Loyal user
255 Posts

Profile of ShaunRobison
Quote:
On 2008-01-11 16:20, Curtis Kam wrote:
Granted, the Okito Box is not a normal, everyday item. That's not a bad thing. See David Regal's thoughts on the importance of an "Oddity". Since the box is an oddity that can be examined, yet still conveying you hidden powers, it's an especially good oddity.

Here Here Mr. Kam!!!!!
I fell in love with the Okito box sooo long ago when I saw a guy on TV do a trick with it. Then I met Mike Gallo. He really showed me the power in that little thing. Curtis and I sat in the lobby of the 4 F's convnetion and he showed me some interesting things he is toying with. Thanks Mr. Kam.
I have several effects with the boxes on my DVD's and I just love coming up with more. One of my favorite effects is by Woody Landers (R.I.P. my friend) from the Apacolypse books.
www.shaunrobison.com
Magic and Illustrations
AngeloR
View Profile
Elite user
441 Posts

Profile of AngeloR
Mr. Robison,
I have recently obtained Apocalypse volumes 1 and 3. I couldn't find the Landers' Okito box effect you mentioned above. Did I just miss it, or is it found in volumes 2 or 4? Thanks.

Angelo
The Magic Cafe Forum Index » » Nothing up my sleeve... » » Okito box magic (0 Likes)
 Go to page [Previous]  1~2
[ Top of Page ]
All content & postings Copyright © 2001-2020 Steve Brooks. All Rights Reserved.
This page was created in 0.1 seconds requiring 5 database queries.
The views and comments expressed on The Magic Café
are not necessarily those of The Magic Café, Steve Brooks, or Steve Brooks Magic.
> Privacy Statement <

ROTFL Billions and billions served! ROTFL