The Magic Café
Username:
Password:
[ Lost Password ]
  [ Forgot Username ]
The Magic Cafe Forum Index » » Penny for your thoughts » » The Underground Marketing Ploy (0 Likes) Printer Friendly Version

Go to page [Previous]  1~2~3~4~5~6 [Next]
salsa_dancer
View Profile
Inner circle
1935 Posts

Profile of salsa_dancer
Pah. people complaining about other people liking something that is clearly subjective. One man's meat, etc. If you can't make up your mind about what to buy using your own mental facility then ask your mum what she thinks. Don't come on here spouting off that I am not allowed to recommend something that I like just because you don't. If you are doing it to champion a cause for good for those poor souls that can't help but press the paypal button, then put your energy into a proper worthy cause instead of disrespecting those people that you are calling sheep.

Some of you don't even have the courtesy to post your brilliant opinions using your own name as you clearly don't have real courage of your convictions to do so. Easy enough to be contentious and up in arms when you have the option to voice another opinion using another account or to your mates down the pub.

There is no cause to fight here, it is clearly a slow news week. We all have the freedom to make up our own mind and accept the responsibility that comes with the decisions that we make. See the little cross in the corner, press that when you have had enough and venture outside where you will find important issues to be dealt with when your mum and dad finally die and you have to cook your own meals.

Now, my ebook is out at the end of the week, who wants to buy it?
lostpoet
View Profile
Special user
610 Posts

Profile of lostpoet
Smile
mindpunisher
View Profile
Inner circle
6132 Posts

Profile of mindpunisher
Your e-book out at the end of the week forwarded by derren brown and limited underground piece of genuis? Based upon a very closely guarded secret that only a few immortals have shed their god like eyes on? They very best most powerful piece audience tested to give you real mental powers.

Yeah right posting my real name will make any difference? Like your mate chad?

If I respond to an ad selling me a merc I expect a merc not a rusty mini.

There is so much ****e being sold on here its no wonder this site is green its being fed manure 24/7

I prefered the zombie pic its more realistic that make-up is over the top.
Tony Iacoviello
View Profile
Eternal Order
13151 Posts

Profile of Tony Iacoviello
Quote:
Yeah right posting my real name will make any difference? Like your mate chad?

Don't Fib. You did post your real name in one of your first posts, well, then it changed a few posts later (look at the first few posts made by mindpunisher when the search function comes up also see where and when he came into being). Smile

Tony
Esjay Dee
View Profile
Loyal user
Halls of residence
267 Posts

Profile of Esjay Dee
No need for real names, just one name, posting under more (if that's the case) and then accusing others of dishonesty or underhand overhype is in the least a little bit rich.
entity
View Profile
Inner circle
Canada
5060 Posts

Profile of entity
Mindpunisher/Fib:

Since the search function is down on this site, and since Mariagi is too much of a coward to respond with real information, only innuendo, perhaps you'd point me to your review of my card e-book? I'd be interested to see what you thought, real name or not.

- entity
Tony Iacoviello
View Profile
Eternal Order
13151 Posts

Quote:
On 2008-01-09 17:43, Esjay Dee wrote:
No need for real names, just one name, posting under more (if that's the case) and then accusing others of dishonesty or underhand overhype is in the least a little bit rich.

Especially when he was refunded on the products he did not feel fit. Smile

I have no problem with someone not caring for something, we are all different and have different tastes. But enough is enough.

Tony
lostpoet
View Profile
Special user
610 Posts

Profile of lostpoet
WOW! I wasn't looking for that one.
salsa_dancer
View Profile
Inner circle
1935 Posts

Profile of salsa_dancer
Yawn. Now you try the insult route without realising that it has no effect whatsoever. it makes no difference to me whether you put your real name or not. I would still disregard your idiot opinion anyway, as I have the right to do this.

What bothers me about the anonymous posting is the ease of which new accounts can be set up and people can come in with backup from them. Not suggesting you are, yet there is no way of knowing.

Whilst I will always consider what another person is saying, there is always a tendency to have a little more respect of an opinion if you know the background behind the person posting. For example, if my dad came on here telling me that he thought a mentalism book was rubbish, I would assume he doesn't understand the finer points of the art based on what I know about him. I would tell him his opinion was rubbish, just as he would to me if I went on to an aeronautical engineering website and told them that steam would work better and this so-called new 'aviation' fuel was rubbish.

Now you could tell me that you are a 'working pro' but then I would question your motivation for wanting to keep your secret identity, unless you were a superhero and had family to protect of course. Your opinion might not change but my reasoning around it certainly would, at the moment I think that you are a school kid that doesn't understand what they are reading which is why you cannot see the merit in some of the things that you buy.
Tony Iacoviello
View Profile
Eternal Order
13151 Posts

Quote:
On 2008-01-09 17:49, lostpoet wrote:
WOW! I wasn't looking for that one.

Sorry, I should not be posting until I feel better, as I said in another thread.

Apologies if I offended anyone.

Tony
lostpoet
View Profile
Special user
610 Posts

Profile of lostpoet
I wasn’t looking for Fib to be Mindpunisher. That surprised me.
Mariagi
View Profile
Special user
MIND, MYTH & MAGICK
654 Posts

Profile of Mariagi
I must agree with salsa

he for one is one of the few people who when not cracking dirty jokes has the courage to stand up for what he believe and the proof of the pudding is that hes one of the very few people who care to disagree with general remarks and opinions thrown in as true facts [when they aent true] no matter who the poster is

unlike many people [the majority id say] who take as precious gold anything some author say he refuse to do that and a quick read at how he disagreed with richard osterlind and some extreme thoughts on preshow should make it clear to you that salsa is at last a man and not a sheep
ALEXANDRE
View Profile
Inner circle
3024 Posts

Profile of ALEXANDRE
Quote:
On 2008-01-09 17:29, salsa_dancer wrote:
Pah. people complaining about other people liking something that is clearly subjective. One man's meat, etc. If you can't make up your mind about what to buy using your own mental facility then ask your mum what she thinks. Don't come on here spouting off that I am not allowed to recommend something that I like just because you don't. If you are doing it to champion a cause for good for those poor souls that can't help but press the paypal button, then put your energy into a proper worthy cause instead of disrespecting those people that you are calling sheep.

Some of you don't even have the courtesy to post your brilliant opinions using your own name as you clearly don't have real courage of your convictions to do so. Easy enough to be contentious and up in arms when you have the option to voice another opinion using another account or to your mates down the pub.

There is no cause to fight here, it is clearly a slow news week. We all have the freedom to make up our own mind and accept the responsibility that comes with the decisions that we make. See the little cross in the corner, press that when you have had enough and venture outside where you will find important issues to be dealt with when your mum and dad finally die and you have to cook your own meals.

Now, my ebook is out at the end of the week, who wants to buy it?

Just thought the above should be posted again.

I love entity's "Rock Paper Scissors" eBook by the way, fantastic! You guys should check it out if he's still selling it.
entity
View Profile
Inner circle
Canada
5060 Posts

Profile of entity
Salsa is great. Funny and honest.

I'm interested to see if Fib/Mindpunisher actually bought my card e-book. If anyone has corresponded with him, could you pm me his email so that I can check it against my sales records?

Still waiting, Mariagi.

- entity
Tony Iacoviello
View Profile
Eternal Order
13151 Posts

Both of entity's releases are fantastic.
lostpoet
View Profile
Special user
610 Posts

Profile of lostpoet
And Fantastic customer service too.
Mariagi
View Profile
Special user
MIND, MYTH & MAGICK
654 Posts

Profile of Mariagi
Quote:
On 2008-01-09 18:24, entity wrote:
Salsa is great. Funny and honest.

I'm interested to see if Fib/Mindpunisher actually bought my card e-book. If anyone was corresponded with him, could you pm me his email so that I can check it against my sales records?

Still waiting, Mariagi.

- entity

yes is great I told that firs: but he got only bad judgement call on that thread I mention and id be curious to see if you were one of them ****ting him and now chanting his value here entity ??

ill go to check in a few minutes on the other board and reread that thread

as for you having problems with me entuty its just YOUR problem I don't care about your uncalled trying to make me feel what your delusion tell ya

have fun and use search engine when up man:working a little bit it wont make you die
Jerome Finley
View Profile
V.I.P.
SLC
3419 Posts

Profile of Jerome Finley
Quote:
On 2008-01-09 18:25, Tony Iacoviello wrote:
Both of entity's releases are fantastic.

As yours was too! Tony, I can't wait for your next release. No hype, MIPS is a great piece and well worth the asking price. It's the type of mentalism I look forward to reading, so yeah, get to work!

It looks like I should also take a look at Entity's, "Think a card." RPS was another solid piece and as far as Fib/MP goes . . . I'll bite my tongue. I never really saw eye to eye with either of them, so it makes sense they would be the same person! Smile

As far as the Chadwick book, I did not order it but it has proven itself interesting even before the release. I dunno, I love all mentalism and enjoy the reading regardless if the material is good or bad. I'm not looking to adopt anything new anyhow, so I don't understand all the complaining personalities here. ANY serious study of material good or bad can only make us better in the end.

-J
"Join my update list here!" http://eepurl.com/uE3Jf
Chris K
View Profile
Inner circle
2544 Posts

Profile of Chris K
Quote:
On 2008-01-09 18:06, Mariagi wrote:
salsa is at last a man and not a sheep

Strong opinions and/or stubborness do not a man make (no offense to salsa meant at all).

I happen to agree with the general gist of what salsa is talking about but here is what I see.

There are three major groups of people at the Café. There are those who love everything, those that hate everything (know colloquially as "haters" so we will call the love everything people "lovers"), and those who are generally honest but with their own personal biases.

Looking at the Café, this thread was hijacked by "haters" who just wanted to complain. If advertising in violation of Café rules was done, there is a way to report it without making a whole thread (or am I wrong?). The telling tale, to me, of haters is they accuse others of only saying something is good.

Then, you have the argument of the "lovers". Granted, much of it is simply them stating that they are just sharing their true opinion. If they have an effect/book/whatever and they say they love it, I can't find any way to say they are lying. Maybe they are, maybe not, but I generally believe people who have an effect more than people who simply want to complain about advertising. These people usually make posts talking about how great an effect is or responding to criticism of an effect like it is criticism of them (which, sadly enough, it often degrades to, look at this thread as a prime example).

Then you have the people who share their true feelings. They are harder to identify and I have a few who's opinion I respect and give a lot of weight. It's hard work to figure this out for yourself. I can see why you have a group of people who fall for any advertising and hate everything because of it while I can also see why some people say everything they get is wonderful. It's hard work to critically evaluate something prior to buying, even impossible in some instances.

I'll admit right now, I fall more on the "lover" side. I have a hard time putting down stuff even if I think it was terrible. If I like something I will say it and recommend it and if I don't like something, normally I will not comment. Having written that out, I feel bad about it, actually, so I will share the worst purchase I made based on a recommendation on the Café.

In any case, I would recommend everybody determine whether they are a "lover" or a "hater" and ask why. Then I ask them to read this thread again because, frankly, it is the epitome of pointlessness.

-L

My worst purchase ever based on a Café recommendation: Ron Jaxon's Card in Bottle. I honestly cannot tell you what I thought when I got this (it would be a stream of ************'s). My dealings with Ron have been fine, and I hate to single him out, but... IN MY OPINION, the worst example of an ebook ever. I have also gotten great advice on stuff I never would have looked for on my own: Mick Ayres' stuff for example.

Peace
entity
View Profile
Inner circle
Canada
5060 Posts

Profile of entity
Sorry Mariagi, there must be a language problem, as I don't understand most of your last post. I have nothing against you, apart from the fact that you don't say what you really mean at times.

It looks like Fib/Mindpunisher/Andy did buy my ebook. I wish people would say what they have to say honestly and directly and without hiding. An author or creator of a work can't really respond to or fix a buyer's problem if they aren't notified directly.

Andy, if you don't find any value in the card e-book, let me know why and I'll happily refund your money. Dealing honestly with people is more important to me than a few dollars.

- entity
The Magic Cafe Forum Index » » Penny for your thoughts » » The Underground Marketing Ploy (0 Likes)
 Go to page [Previous]  1~2~3~4~5~6 [Next]
[ Top of Page ]
All content & postings Copyright © 2001-2024 Steve Brooks. All Rights Reserved.
This page was created in 0.05 seconds requiring 5 database queries.
The views and comments expressed on The Magic Café
are not necessarily those of The Magic Café, Steve Brooks, or Steve Brooks Magic.
> Privacy Statement <

ROTFL Billions and billions served! ROTFL