The Magic Café
Username:
Password:
[ Lost Password ]
  [ Forgot Username ]
The Magic Cafe Forum Index » » Finger/stage manipulation » » Nearly Normal Thimbles. (0 Likes) Printer Friendly Version

harris
View Profile
Inner circle
Harris Deutsch
8695 Posts

Profile of harris
As a musician I recently purchased a Zydeco Tie. I am also playing around with a thimble routine to add to some musical bits.

Now if I could just find a xylophone tie?

Harris

(to visualize the tie..think of a metal part of a washboard cut into a tie shape with a collar clip.)
Harris Deutsch aka dr laugh
drlaugh4u@gmail.com
music, magic and marvelous toys
http://magician.org/member/drlaugh4u
Mr. Woolery
View Profile
Inner circle
Fairbanks, AK
2014 Posts

Profile of Mr. Woolery
Harris-

If you seriously want a xylophone tie, it should be fairly easy to construct one. Electrical Metal Tubing (steel conduit for running electric lines) is cheap and makes a fairly good ding. You would need a semi-rigid base (black plastic or thin plywood) and some foam rubber rings to hold the tubes.

Look for Dennis Havlena's website for some good information on making simple folk instruments, including a couple of versions of a xylophone with metal tubing. It would be high-pitched, but I think it would work pretty well. I just can't see myself using it.

-Patrick
The Magic Cafe Forum Index » » Finger/stage manipulation » » Nearly Normal Thimbles. (0 Likes)
[ Top of Page ]
All content & postings Copyright © 2001-2021 Steve Brooks. All Rights Reserved.
This page was created in 0.07 seconds requiring 5 database queries.
The views and comments expressed on The Magic Café
are not necessarily those of The Magic Café, Steve Brooks, or Steve Brooks Magic.
> Privacy Statement <

ROTFL Billions and billions served! ROTFL