The Magic Café
Username:
Password:
[ Lost Password ]
  [ Forgot Username ]
The Magic Cafe Forum Index » » Penny for your thoughts » » Confabulation Lottery Video Clip (0 Likes) Printer Friendly Version

Go to page [Previous]  1~2~3~4~5~6~7~8~9~10 [Next]
Alexx Argen
View Profile
New user
"New" for 10+ years with only
85 Posts

Profile of Alexx Argen
"We" knew what was coming but the audience did not. He did his effect for the audience and the audience loved it. From what I see he did his "job" perfectly. Maybe we shouldn't be making effects to amaze magicians...mentalists....ETC: and make effects to amaze the audience. Lets face it "people pay us to be amazed. Magicians (for the most part) don't pay to see our shows.

Also I loved it.
mindcontroller
View Profile
Regular user
Inside your Head!
171 Posts

Profile of mindcontroller
An Excellent performance in front of a packed crowd!
The Game
View Profile
Regular user
Israel
177 Posts

Profile of The Game
If I could perform only one effect, this will be the one. AMAZING
Christophercarter
View Profile
Regular user
126 Posts

Profile of Christophercarter
It's a tremendous effect. As clean as can be. I prefer it to Copperfield's.

--Chris
DT3
View Profile
Inner circle
Hill Valley
1917 Posts

Profile of DT3
He did have a huge crowd, yeah
merlin5150 II
View Profile
Veteran user
Aurora, IL
388 Posts

Profile of merlin5150 II
Loved the lottery ticket printed out the way it was! amazing
Jeff
mindcontroller
View Profile
Regular user
Inside your Head!
171 Posts

Profile of mindcontroller
Standing ovation and it was his opening effect too! Shame I cant get his DVD from Amazon UK!
The Paranormalist
View Profile
Special user
United Kingdom
690 Posts

Profile of The Paranormalist
Yes he did get a superb reaction from the audience, and for us in 'the know' it dosen't take a stretch of the imagination to work out how it was accomplished but that isn't my reason for joining in on this thread.

As with most confabulation style demonstrations don't you think this type of effect is just too fantastic? Does a lay audience believe the performer is manipulating the audiences mind to bring forth the correct numbers, performed a clever trick they can't explain and don't give it a sesond thought accepting it was just a trick, or believe the performer is a genuinely gifted psychic?

The question is what do you think goes through an audience's mind with a demonstration so fantastic?

Franklin
IAIN
View Profile
Eternal Order
england
18312 Posts

Profile of IAIN
I think it depends...a) it depends on the audience members beliefs, and b) it depends on how the mentalist is framing all his work...

they might just see it as a frightening coincidence?!

as it was his opener, perhaps he goes onto explaining what he was doing, as in, subtle influence or whatever else...
Nathan Pain
View Profile
Inner circle
iowa
2819 Posts

Profile of Nathan Pain
I will admit...I was blown away when I saw that...I know how confabulation routines work, but that is a lottery ticket from where I am from and I have no idea how he did that...I am "in the know", but I have no idea how that could happen...and I am not ashamed to admit that. I love the feeling of astonishment & I cherish it. He must have a mini computer in his pocket with mini printer and mini monitor, plus mini keyboard. My point...I couldn't re-create such an official looking lottery ticket, how could any of you. If you can send me your best efforts...PM me for my address. I think this kid is the bee's knees!

Nathan
Brucelee
View Profile
New user
Master of Nun-Chuckin'
70 Posts

Profile of Brucelee
Quote:
On 2008-01-08 22:21, mentalv wrote:
You might be talking about Nate Stnaiforth my friend.

could this be it haha

http://youtube.com/watch?v=4CE7_BD6aGg

:D

That was amazing. I heard the DVD was really good.
The Paranormalist
View Profile
Special user
United Kingdom
690 Posts

Hi Nathan
You say you love the feeling of astonishment & cherish it, if that is the case why would you want someone to PM you to spoile the illusion?

Just one hint and I'm not going to give anything away, just think how you would go about it to accomplish the same demonstration under the same conditions. If you still cannot work it out, your mentalism knowledge is not complete.

Franklin
Nathan Pain
View Profile
Inner circle
iowa
2819 Posts

Profile of Nathan Pain
Screw that...that is a genuine lottery ticket...make me a copy, that looks like an original & mail it to me. Until then your counterfeiting techniques are not complete. Plus re-read my post, you misunderestimated me!

Nathan
The Paranormalist
View Profile
Special user
United Kingdom
690 Posts

I rest my case.

Franklin
Nathan Pain
View Profile
Inner circle
iowa
2819 Posts

Profile of Nathan Pain
Hah!

I see your rest & raise you a BS! I just got a PM from a very well known professional mentalist, who also didn't know how it was done. He found out by holding Nate at gunpoint, so save your BS for someone who gives a S.

Nathan
Nathan Pain
View Profile
Inner circle
iowa
2819 Posts

Profile of Nathan Pain
Although I've never seen or met you, I would like to say that you have brown eyes.

Nathan
The Paranormalist
View Profile
Special user
United Kingdom
690 Posts

I have no wish to argue with you, I'm sorry but don't you have a bad attitude?

Franklin
Mariagi
View Profile
Special user
MIND, MYTH & MAGICK
654 Posts

Profile of Mariagi
Quote:
On 2008-01-13 20:56, nathanpain wrote:
Hah!

I see your rest & raise you a BS! I just got a PM from a very well known professional mentalist, who also didn't know how it was done.

if that's true your professional mentalist should have studied more his art
Nathan Pain
View Profile
Inner circle
iowa
2819 Posts

Profile of Nathan Pain
Quote:
On 2008-01-14 07:40, Mariagi wrote:

if that's true your professional mentalist should have studied more his art

Considering who it is...that **** is hilarious...you are all a bunch of liars...you have no idea how it is done...Nate does, his wife does, and my secret friend does...you don't! All this smoke going up my *** is uncomfortable, would you all quit blowing it.

Nathan
Mariagi
View Profile
Special user
MIND, MYTH & MAGICK
654 Posts

Profile of Mariagi
Considering that you are the first to act as a 'wise guy? my dear kid you should couple and go hand in hand with patient one
The Magic Cafe Forum Index » » Penny for your thoughts » » Confabulation Lottery Video Clip (0 Likes)
 Go to page [Previous]  1~2~3~4~5~6~7~8~9~10 [Next]
[ Top of Page ]
All content & postings Copyright © 2001-2019 Steve Brooks. All Rights Reserved.
This page was created in 0.12 seconds requiring 5 database queries.
The views and comments expressed on The Magic Café
are not necessarily those of The Magic Café, Steve Brooks, or Steve Brooks Magic.
> Privacy Statement <

ROTFL Billions and billions served! ROTFL