The Magic Café
Username:
Password:
[ Lost Password ]
  [ Forgot Username ]
The Magic Cafe Forum Index » » Penny for your thoughts » » Confabulation Lottery Video Clip (0 Likes) Printer Friendly Version

Go to page [Previous]  1~2~3~4~5~6~7~8~9~10 [Next]
maurermagic
View Profile
Regular user
110 Posts

Profile of maurermagic
I saw Nate at a NACA convention in Charleson, SC and he did a great job with the audience. He did a very nice, simple predicted number in an envelope that the audience and volunteer on stage went wild over.
Christophercarter
View Profile
Regular user
126 Posts

Profile of Christophercarter
Some of you seem to have some theories as to how Nate does this. So did I. Then I had him over to my house and he did the exact same effect at my dining room table. Nothing different. As clean as it looks on the DVD. Actually cleaner. I can't even describe how floored I was. I felt like I must imagine witnesses to the Berglass effect must feel.

I figured it must be something that requires a lot of preparation, but a little bit later the rest of our guests arrived, and he did it again for a friend of mine who is one of the busiest hypnotists in the college market. Before he did it this time, I asked if his wife could leave the room, because I thought maybe she was helping him. He just laughed and said sure. I was watching him like a hawk, and he did it again!

Few people are privileged to be fooled so badly in their lifetimes, and I now think I was one of the lucky ones. After a lot of strong-arming, Nate tipped it. All I can tell you is, it isn't what you think when you watch the video. It's even better. And if Nate ever tips it again I hope it will be for a HUGE amount of money, because it's that good!
LLL
View Profile
Inner circle
1574 Posts

Profile of LLL
I think it looked great, standing ovation on your first effect,what more needs to be said.

Mescalito
The basic tool for the manipulation of reality is the manipulation of words. If you can control the meaning of words, you can control the people who must use the words.
The Paranormalist
View Profile
Special user
United Kingdom
690 Posts

Profile of The Paranormalist
Hi Christopher
I never said I knew how Nate Staniforth did his demonstration, what I said was with my knowledge of mentalist techniques with no ego and like many others in the thread, I knew how I would go about accomplishing the same demonstration under the same conditions.

And yes it did look great and deservedly with a great response from the audience.

Franklin
Nathan Pain
View Profile
Inner circle
iowa
2819 Posts

Profile of Nathan Pain
And now you know who my secret friend is...funny how quickly you backpeddle. I'm 33 btw so take your kid comments and stick em...I hate pretentiousness. Look it up, you can use the dictionary you use in your booktest. Thanks Chris for stepping up. Paranormalist make a youtube video of you doing it your way, or else shhhhhhhh. Brown eyes, remember that! I also never said I wanted to know how it was done, I said I wanted the boasters to send me a fabricated lottery ticket that will pass my inspection. Excuse my American sense of humor, it shouldn't reflect on Chris. He is one of the nicest guys I've ever met, I on the other hand, am a ***. I believe I am the Penn Jillette, to his David Copperfield (80's & Stage personas only). I just can't stand when people in our field can't admit when they are fooled. Sorry for the stress...HUGS!!!!

Nathan
The Paranormalist
View Profile
Special user
United Kingdom
690 Posts

Profile of The Paranormalist
I will only say one thing PAIN is a very fitting surname.
Nathan Pain
View Profile
Inner circle
iowa
2819 Posts

Profile of Nathan Pain
Actually it's just a stage name, but thanks...sorry for any stress I may have caused. Good luck in all your future endeavors.

Nathan
DT3
View Profile
Inner circle
Hill Valley
1917 Posts

Profile of DT3
So if you go to Mr Staniforth's website, he did 18 college shows between August and December last year (and plenty of NACA auditions as well) and factor in an average of $2500.00 per show, not counting BOR sales then you are looking at well over $40,000.00 USD within 5 months.

I find that to be very inspirational.

DT3
Nathan Pain
View Profile
Inner circle
iowa
2819 Posts

Profile of Nathan Pain
That is great! I too find him in many ways to be inspirational.

Nathan
mindcontroller
View Profile
Regular user
Inside your Head!
171 Posts

Profile of mindcontroller
Having viewed this video dozens of times, I see the standing ovation was actually edited in at the end, so the standing ovation was not for the first "welcome to the show" effect. Also why was that chap in the hooded top stood up behind the number 41 guy? lol, having watched the clip so many times there are lots of camera edits. However.....

Having researched this effect, I have found the originator of the effect, it has been published, and mine has been ordered and should be with me in the next few days.
DT3
View Profile
Inner circle
Hill Valley
1917 Posts

Profile of DT3
Quote:
On 2008-01-16 19:09, mindcontroller wrote:
Having viewed this video dozens of times, I see the standing ovation was actually edited in at the end, so the standing ovation was not for the first "welcome to the show" effect. Also why was that chap in the hooded top stood up behind the number 41 guy? lol, having watched the clip so many times there are lots of camera edits. However.....

Having researched this effect, I have found the originator of the effect, it has been published, and mine has been ordered and should be with me in the next few days.

OH he of little faith. If you can't get a standing ovation with this effect, no matter what your method is, then you should by a book written by either Bauer, Weber, or Spears.

;-)

Dt3
jayp
View Profile
Veteran user
333 Posts

Profile of jayp
I thought it was Nates idea?
Nathan Pain
View Profile
Inner circle
iowa
2819 Posts

Profile of Nathan Pain
It is...Christopher Carter can verify this. Take other posts as butterfly wings.

Nathan
mindcontroller
View Profile
Regular user
Inside your Head!
171 Posts

Profile of mindcontroller
I didn't say you could'nt get a standing ovation DT, I was just saying, if you watch the video, the standing ovation was not as it seemed, which to me was for that very first effect at the beginning of the show. There was a lot of (very good) editing going on in that clip if you pay attention to the surroundings. It's a promo DVD for the lad, good luck to him!

I'd like to buy his DVD, but cant get it from Amazon.co.uk
Nathan Pain
View Profile
Inner circle
iowa
2819 Posts

Profile of Nathan Pain
MC,

I order from amazon.co.uk all the time, so go ahead and order it from amazon.com.

If you need help tricking out your dvd player to play different region dvd's...PM me.

Nathan
DT3
View Profile
Inner circle
Hill Valley
1917 Posts

Profile of DT3
Quote:
On 2008-01-17 04:40, mindcontroller wrote:
I didn't say you could'nt get a standing ovation DT, I was just saying, if you watch the video, the standing ovation was not as it seemed, which to me was for that very first effect at the beginning of the show. There was a lot of (very good) editing going on in that clip if you pay attention to the surroundings. It's a promo DVD for the lad, good luck to him!

I'd like to buy his DVD, but cant get it from Amazon.co.uk

Well I can get it in the US. If you want it then contact me and we can make it happen.

I really don't think the standing O was edited in but I went to an arts school in North Carolina so I may be a little gullible.

DT3
Nathan Pain
View Profile
Inner circle
iowa
2819 Posts

Profile of Nathan Pain
I don't think it was edited in...why bother...you got the 2 grand to hire him for a show? I don't...I don't think he made the dvd to impress the likes of us! This effect makes the hair on my spine stand up, why wouldn't a bunch of hayseeds give him the O?

Nathan
Nathan Pain
View Profile
Inner circle
iowa
2819 Posts

Profile of Nathan Pain
I got the dvd today...for clarification purposes, the lottery effect is at the end of his show...at the end of his show he says, "welcome to the show!" So the standing O was for the whole show, that came after the lottery effect. Also the dvd is great...it's about 50/50 magic/mentalism...I would recommend it to anyone who would like to work on a minimalist performance style...packs small, plays BIG!

Nathan
AlexSem
View Profile
New user
50 Posts

Profile of AlexSem
I thought it was terrific - I'm a little surprised everyone remembered their numbers Smile))
Nathan Pain
View Profile
Inner circle
iowa
2819 Posts

Profile of Nathan Pain
^yeah no doubt...I would use a dry erase to record the numbers, myself...or I could just look at the ticket in my wallet to refresh my memory Smile

Nathan
The Magic Cafe Forum Index » » Penny for your thoughts » » Confabulation Lottery Video Clip (0 Likes)
 Go to page [Previous]  1~2~3~4~5~6~7~8~9~10 [Next]
[ Top of Page ]
All content & postings Copyright © 2001-2019 Steve Brooks. All Rights Reserved.
This page was created in 0.17 seconds requiring 5 database queries.
The views and comments expressed on The Magic Café
are not necessarily those of The Magic Café, Steve Brooks, or Steve Brooks Magic.
> Privacy Statement <

ROTFL Billions and billions served! ROTFL