The Magic Café
Username:
Password:
[ Lost Password ]
  [ Forgot Username ]
The Magic Cafe Forum Index » » Penny for your thoughts » » Confabulation Lottery Video Clip (0 Likes) Printer Friendly Version

Go to page [Previous]  1~2~3~4~5~6~7~8~9~10 [Next]
magiclee
View Profile
Special user
571 Posts

Profile of magiclee
Nathanpain,
Are there any explanations on the video?

magiclee
Nathan Pain
View Profile
Inner circle
iowa
2819 Posts

Profile of Nathan Pain
No...none...Still totally worth it.

Nathan
the fritz
View Profile
Special user
640 Posts

Profile of the fritz
I thought it was a great trick and though I expected some more charisma from him at first-- being on a big stage in front of several hundred people-- by the end I found myself really enjoying his lowkey style. I also try to always remember when seeing a performance that being there in person is always VERY different than watching it on a video screen. Movies move us because there are so many elements that we are witnessing without realizing it (music, visual effects, set design, costumes, etc.). On a stage with minimal props or setting and no audible music, the performance comes across as raw. In person, the experience would be very different. I see why he received a standing ovation. He probably deserved it judging by those who were actually there.
AlexSem
View Profile
New user
50 Posts

Profile of AlexSem
Lol look at the wallet to refresh the memory Smile

I think I figured it out, but then that'd be exposure...
Nathan Pain
View Profile
Inner circle
iowa
2819 Posts

Profile of Nathan Pain
I'm sure it's not the wallet, but nice try...Nate did it for Chris in his dining room...He watched him like a hawk, and he still pulled it off!

Nathan
DT3
View Profile
Inner circle
Hill Valley
1917 Posts

Profile of DT3
I think it was very good.

I like the character he established.

I will pick up his DVD and I am very happy that there are no explanations on there.

It is so nice to be amazed.

I don't want explantions but I would like to know where he got his jacket.

He also wears a vintage U2 Joshua Tree t-shirt which is very very boss.

DT3
Nathan Pain
View Profile
Inner circle
iowa
2819 Posts

Profile of Nathan Pain
I think he won the jacket from Criss Angel in a magic-off.

Nathan
chichi711
View Profile
Inner circle
5810 Posts

Profile of chichi711
Quote:
On 2008-01-13 17:56, The Paranormalist wrote:
Hi Nathan
You say you love the feeling of astonishment & cherish it, if that is the case why would you want someone to PM you to spoile the illusion?

Just one hint and I'm not going to give anything away, just think how you would go about it to accomplish the same demonstration under the same conditions. If you still cannot work it out, your mentalism knowledge is not complete.

Franklin

with all the spouting off you are doing about how you know how it is done....that just tells me you are probably the most confused on the entire thread.
Nathan Pain
View Profile
Inner circle
iowa
2819 Posts

Profile of Nathan Pain
Amen!

Nathan
gabelson
View Profile
Inner circle
conscientious observer
2070 Posts

Profile of gabelson
Quote:
On 2008-01-19 13:50, chichi711 wrote:
Quote:
On 2008-01-13 17:56, The Paranormalist wrote:
Hi Nathan
You say you love the feeling of astonishment & cherish it, if that is the case why would you want someone to PM you to spoile the illusion?

Just one hint and I'm not going to give anything away, just think how you would go about it to accomplish the same demonstration under the same conditions. If you still cannot work it out, your mentalism knowledge is not complete.

Franklin

with all the spouting off you are doing about how you know how it is done....that just tells me you are probably the most confused on the entire thread.

Indeed. And the fact that you infer there is the possibility of having a "complete" knowledge of mentalism, tells all.
Nathan Pain
View Profile
Inner circle
iowa
2819 Posts

Profile of Nathan Pain
Amen! Gabelson, for your information, I did a quick bit of research of how to say Amen in the Jewish faith...My research led me to find that Amen is the word I should be using since you just delivered a blessing. I always kicks it PC up in this piece.

Nathan
Pete Legend
View Profile
Inner circle
Ireland
1297 Posts

Profile of Pete Legend
What a very odd thread.....
Dr. Eamon
View Profile
Inner circle
------------eXtrementalism------------ ..........IT'S ALL IN YOUR MIND..........
1246 Posts

Profile of Dr. Eamon
I saw his DVD and it was nice... noting more then that.
Is he a beginner?
Nathan Pain
View Profile
Inner circle
iowa
2819 Posts

Profile of Nathan Pain
Aren't we all...if we didn't begin something...we wouldn't be doing it...everyday you begin something new.

Nathan
blakeherridge
View Profile
New user
95 Posts

Profile of blakeherridge
Goodness this blew me away. does anyone have any idea if this method is released to the the magic comunity or not
BrianMillerMagic
View Profile
Inner circle
Manchester, CT
2038 Posts

Profile of BrianMillerMagic
I had the pleasure of seeing Nate's show about a year ago, and then talking with him after the show. Not only is he a great guy, but his show was the first time in years that I'd been genuinely left in a state of disbelief. His personality on stage was straight forward - there was very little intentional comedy, there was no real theme for the show, and there was no transitional material. He basically went, "Let me show you this. Now let me show you this..." and so on. Still, the audience went nuts, and I am grateful for once again being thoroughly fooled and entertained.
ThomasBerger
View Profile
Special user
593 Posts

Profile of ThomasBerger
To me there are 2 issues here-

performance
method

I would say the performance was not good.
This is a beginner, or a young performer.
There is not a lot of performance experience or
theory in this. No idea on building suspense or drama.

The effect is great.
But man, look at the hardware on the belt,
It doesn't take Einstein to see what is going on.

Think how you would do it, then
google in the word "portable."

My 2 cents.
Cheers.
Tom
Thomas Wayne
View Profile
Inner circle
Alaska
2240 Posts

Profile of Thomas Wayne
Quote:
On 2008-01-16 19:24, jayp wrote:
I thought it was Nates idea?

Quote:
On 2008-01-16 20:20, nathanpain wrote:
It is...Christopher Carter can verify this. Take other posts as butterfly wings.

Nathan

Well, Nate S. would have to have created this effect prior to 2002 at the latest. Otherwise, it's an Anthony Owen effect called "Natural Lottery", though this version uses a somewhat different method. The effect, however, is Anthony's - and it's published in his booklet "Some Tricks".

I, too, didn't care for the protracted spectator selection and the very dry presentation... but that's just me.

And finally, Nathan, why do imagine that only Nate could conceive this clean handling and only his friends could know how it's done? There are many great and creative minds in magic, and some of them are very hard to fool.

TW
MOST magicians: "Here's a quarter, it's gone, you're an idiot, it's back, you're a jerk, show's over." Jerry Seinfeld
Michael Clifton
View Profile
Loyal user
208 Posts

Profile of Michael Clifton
Here is a link to the original for those curious:

http://tvmagic.co.uk/tvmagicshop/product......edb7094f
Whether you think you can or you can't, you're right!
Slim King
View Profile
Eternal Order
Orlando
17481 Posts

Profile of Slim King
I thought it was PERFECT for the situation!
I know how "I" do this effect and since everyone says that his way is new I can continue to do it MY WAY without fear of reprisal Smile Correct?
It looks like a NACA convention or something. If it's his regular show then people already know he's going to predict something.
The hidden jewel here is his last six words and the delivery of them ...
"Ladies and Gentlemen ........ WELCOME TO THE SHOW!"
PERFECT!!!!! Smile
THE MAN THE SKEPTICS REFUSE TO TEST FOR ONE MILLION DOLLARS.. The Worlds Foremost Authority on Houdini's Life after Death.....
The Magic Cafe Forum Index » » Penny for your thoughts » » Confabulation Lottery Video Clip (0 Likes)
 Go to page [Previous]  1~2~3~4~5~6~7~8~9~10 [Next]
[ Top of Page ]
All content & postings Copyright © 2001-2019 Steve Brooks. All Rights Reserved.
This page was created in 0.12 seconds requiring 5 database queries.
The views and comments expressed on The Magic Café
are not necessarily those of The Magic Café, Steve Brooks, or Steve Brooks Magic.
> Privacy Statement <

ROTFL Billions and billions served! ROTFL