The Magic Café
Username:
Password:
[ Lost Password ]
  [ Forgot Username ]
The Magic Cafe Forum Index » » Penny for your thoughts » » Hardbound copy of the Jinx (0 Likes) Printer Friendly Version

HypnotizeAmerica
View Profile
Veteran user
399 Posts

Profile of HypnotizeAmerica
Hey all -

I am clearing out some clutter and have a complete hardback copy of the Jinx (all three volumns) and want to sell them. Anyone have any idea what these go for? I tried to use the search feature but it seems to be down.

TC
IAIN
View Profile
Eternal Order
england
18807 Posts

Profile of IAIN
No idea, but! it may be worth dropping martin breese a line - his email is on his site...www.martinbreese.com...

not only does he sell magic, but he also deals in books and first editions and so on...he may be able to give you a price...cant promise, but he's a good guy...
I've asked to be banned
Kim
View Profile
Elite user
406 Posts

Profile of Kim
I must admit at first I thought this would be easy to determine but none of the places I thought would have them appears to. Might be worth more than I thought .
Pi314
View Profile
Regular user
Sweden
114 Posts

Profile of Pi314
The Jinx, 3 volumes on eBay

Misdirections has the 3 book volumes advertised at $90:
http://www.misdirections.com/mental.html

Though I'd contact them first to make sure that they truly are in stock, otherwise I'd go with the eBay price as a better estimate.
HypnotizeAmerica
View Profile
Veteran user
399 Posts

Profile of HypnotizeAmerica
So if I offered them for $100 shipping included you think that would be fair?
Waters
View Profile
Inner circle
2508 Posts

Profile of Waters
They do not have them. I asked.

Sean
Pi314
View Profile
Regular user
Sweden
114 Posts

Profile of Pi314
1000 copies are being printed and it will at $60 (preorder - $50), here:
http://geniimagazine.com/kaufman/store/html/72.html
Tony Iacoviello
View Profile
Eternal Order
13151 Posts

Profile of Tony Iacoviello
I was unaware that Ray sold the publication rights to Kaufman. I was aware that he had sold many of his rights to Meir though.

Tony
Necromancer
View Profile
Inner circle
Chicago
3076 Posts

Profile of Necromancer
Pi314: The New Jinx is an entirely different publication, comprised of material contributed by magicians in the 1960s and edited by Bill Madsen. The Jinx, edited by Ted Annemann during the 1930s, is what we're talking about here. And I'd say $100 for the set is a great price.

Best,
Neil
Creator of The Xpert (20 PAGES of reviews!), Cut & Color, Hands-Off Multiple ESP (HOME) System, Rider-Waite Readers book, Zoom Pendulum ebook ...
Hill
View Profile
Inner circle
1164 Posts

Profile of Hill
Does anyone know if the Recent reprint maintains the original typography and layout? I would like a copy that is as true to the original in appearance as possible.
Tony Iacoviello
View Profile
Eternal Order
13151 Posts

Profile of Tony Iacoviello
David:

Are you referring to the reprint of THE NEW JINX?
I don't think the the orginal JINX has been reprinted.

Tony
Hill
View Profile
Inner circle
1164 Posts

Profile of Hill
Ahhhhh, apologies for the confusion, thanks for clearing that up Tony.
Pi314
View Profile
Regular user
Sweden
114 Posts

Profile of Pi314
Oh! I must have skimmed the text (sorry). Huge difference between the original and the new JINX.

A CD-Rom version of the "old" JINX exists too. I've seen it once or twice on eBay
The Magic Cafe Forum Index » » Penny for your thoughts » » Hardbound copy of the Jinx (0 Likes)
[ Top of Page ]
All content & postings Copyright © 2001-2024 Steve Brooks. All Rights Reserved.
This page was created in 0.01 seconds requiring 5 database queries.
The views and comments expressed on The Magic Café
are not necessarily those of The Magic Café, Steve Brooks, or Steve Brooks Magic.
> Privacy Statement <

ROTFL Billions and billions served! ROTFL