The Magic Café
Username:
Password:
[ Lost Password ]
  [ Forgot Username ]
The Magic Cafe Forum Index » » Grand illusion » » The Magellan Solo Levitation video (0 Likes) Printer Friendly Version

Go to page 1~2~3 [Next]
magic4545
View Profile
Inner circle
Jimmy Fingers
1159 Posts

Profile of magic4545
NEW Magellan Solo Levitation on youtube!

Hi,

Video of the new Magellan Solo Levitation is available at youtube!

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=uxsB5SNcGno

Thanks for looking,

Jimmy
freefallillusion1
View Profile
Elite user
Cincinnati, OH
446 Posts

Profile of freefallillusion1
Kinda hard to see!
Christopher Starr
View Profile
Inner circle
Heart of America
1850 Posts

Profile of Christopher Starr
Interesting.
magicofCurtis
View Profile
Inner circle
Los Angeles
2545 Posts

Profile of magicofCurtis
HMM>>>>
Well, I like the idea that it seems to be a mechanical rise....

I am wondering is it possible to not wiggle around so much?
semo
View Profile
Loyal user
San Jose, CA
300 Posts

Profile of semo
Hey Curtis,

I'm not quite sure what wiggling your are talking about. It looked pretty clean to me.
Scott Emo, co-creator of Fenced In Illusion - There's nothing better than breaking free!

And creator of Sacred - The Child Conjuring Illusion - Because there is nothing more magical than the creation of a child.

Find them at: http://www.masterofillusions.ca/
The Drake
View Profile
Inner circle
2274 Posts

Profile of The Drake
I liked it as well.

Best,

Tim
magicofCurtis
View Profile
Inner circle
Los Angeles
2545 Posts

Profile of magicofCurtis
When he is all the way up it looks like he is trying to keep his balance around 13 seconds...

Also, Can you just walk up and do this or does it require set up? I notice you can walk away...

I think this would be awesome if a magician uses a cloak that wraps all the way around him...
videokideo
View Profile
Special user
895 Posts

Profile of videokideo
Interesting...
johnnymystic
View Profile
Inner circle
North Adams Ma.
1576 Posts

Profile of johnnymystic
Yuck!
I drink cheap tequila and vomit
<BR>I cannot eat hot wings...acid reflux
<BR>I never inhale Smile
<BR>I can put a field dress on a deer
RVH Magic
View Profile
Special user
877 Posts

Profile of RVH Magic
I'm sure that you can't walk away like that (except on video where you have controle over the angle) and it does require a set up.
magic4545
View Profile
Inner circle
Jimmy Fingers
1159 Posts

Profile of magic4545
Hi,

To answer questions, yes, the end of the video is a bit deceptive, and it was done more to showcase the magic than the features. Yes, you cannot just walk away like that when doing this piece. But, you will figure out a way to get away clean, if you've got any chops at all. Remember, I just received this yesterday from my fabricator.

Setup will depend on your staging situation. I'm trying to imagine what to compare the setup to. Let's put it this way. You might have more success or subtlety setting up before the music starts, as opposed to yelling out, "Look, I'm walking to the center of the stage now!!!" Does that make sense? Imagine loading the Bryce's Screen. It can be done in plain view of everyone as long as they're not aware of what you're doing. If you are conversing with several people onstage before the show starts, and, incidentally, one person is not still there, people just assume, hey, he must have left for a moment.

As magicians, we assume that everyone is watching us like a cat. We could only dream that anyone gave that much of a flip about what we're doing on stage.

And, as for the size of the gimmick and the setup... Anyone calling himself a magician who couldn't find a subtle way to get into position with a prop that is never seen, referred to or exposed... Maybe he's in the wrong racket, I don't know.

I know that I just walk to the center of the stage BEFORE the music starts, and put the gimmick where it needs to be, under the cover of the large black sheet. Then I proceed as shown in the video, with the exception of the walking away, fair enough.

Thanks for the huge support for the Magellan line of levitation products,

Jimmy Fingers
asianmagic
View Profile
Regular user
Philadelphia
130 Posts

Profile of asianmagic
It would be great to levitate without the cloth. Hate that aspect of it.
RJE
View Profile
Inner circle
1848 Posts

Profile of RJE
I don't think you can do this without the cloth. After viewing the video, I think it is similar to Icarus and other related levitations in method. I could be wrong.

As Fingers points out though, done correctly, this could be a truly magical moment for your audience.

Rob
magic4545
View Profile
Inner circle
Jimmy Fingers
1159 Posts

Profile of magic4545
Similar to Icarus? Hopefully not from a real life workability standpoint.

Here is new video, day 2, getting better and better...

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=TSuas99H36Q

Thanks to everyone for your input on this project.

JF
organicmagician
View Profile
Veteran user
USA
345 Posts

Profile of organicmagician
Pretty cool. The second video looks great.
Kex
View Profile
Special user
Arlington, Texas
577 Posts

Profile of Kex
Very nice... excellent effect and I can see the impact it would have on an audience! Thanks for posting.

Kex
Magic Patrick
View Profile
Inner circle
Minnesota
1591 Posts

Profile of Magic Patrick
I feel that this is where many of the levitation sellers wrong the magicians. They make it look good but they don't really address the angle problems. If the performance in the video only works for the video then don't show it because no one will use it except CA. Just show how it will work on stage, in a club, or at someone's home. That is if you can. I guess I will only use these types of illusions for photos or deceptive promo video. Just my 2 cents.

BYUDAD
Darth Ewok
View Profile
Loyal user
Greeneville TN
228 Posts

Profile of Darth Ewok
After watching both videos I think I have the method figured out. it seems like an idea I had once but never bothered to do anything with. I stopped doing self levitations about a year ago. They're too much trouble and none really look to good to me (except skywalker, but that thing is way too impracticle for repeated use and uncomfortable as heck).
my real name is Kevin Harrison

http://www.myspace.com/magicalclerk
The Drake
View Profile
Inner circle
2274 Posts

Profile of The Drake
I've got to jump in here and say I am privy to this method. Based on what I know I can tell you it's much more angle proof that the average suspension. Its not a walk around street magic levi but a very portable one for a great "impromptu" self levitation.

Best,

Tim
Christopher Starr
View Profile
Inner circle
Heart of America
1850 Posts

Profile of Christopher Starr
It also looked like a practical method to change those lights bulbs in the chandelier over the table! Smile Ever see those things that ceiling painters wear....

At any rate, I give Mr. Fingers a capital E for effort! Smile

Chris
The Magic Cafe Forum Index » » Grand illusion » » The Magellan Solo Levitation video (0 Likes)
 Go to page 1~2~3 [Next]
[ Top of Page ]
All content & postings Copyright © 2001-2024 Steve Brooks. All Rights Reserved.
This page was created in 0.03 seconds requiring 5 database queries.
The views and comments expressed on The Magic Café
are not necessarily those of The Magic Café, Steve Brooks, or Steve Brooks Magic.
> Privacy Statement <

ROTFL Billions and billions served! ROTFL