The Magic Café
Username:
Password:
[ Lost Password ]
  [ Forgot Username ]
The Magic Cafe Forum Index » » Penny for your thoughts » » Revealing Mentalism on TV tonight (0 Likes) Printer Friendly Version

Mr.Crebar
View Profile
Loyal user
231 Posts

Profile of Mr.Crebar
I live in maine, which receives channel 35 wpme. Tonight they are having a show on debunking fake psychics and mediums. They claim they are revealing many methods that not only these fake pyschics use, but also magicans/mentalist. This is very concerning. Does anyone know about this, or any other infro?
Chris K
View Profile
Inner circle
2544 Posts

Profile of Chris K
Is Revealing Mentalism the name of the show?

I'll do a search to TiVo it if so, if not, give us the name?

I had heard something about this but had forgotten.
Jerome Finley
View Profile
V.I.P.
SLC
3419 Posts

Profile of Jerome Finley
No, but I would like to see the program. These things are always very interesting. I assume there will be a whole slew of people upset and jumbled over this airing, they'll (rightfully) cry exposure but the question I have is one more along the lines of, "Does this affect me and if so, how?"

I'm 110% positive that all the material in my working repertoire could be exposed and I would still make a great living.

Maybe one of our members here could provide a link to the program after it's done like the DB shows???

Best,
J.
"Join my update list here!" http://eepurl.com/uE3Jf
LLL
View Profile
Inner circle
1574 Posts

Profile of LLL
We had a magician called Ali cook do the same in the UK about about 3 or 4 years ago,
I learnt a few things from that program. Exposure is a hard thing to stop.

mescalito
The basic tool for the manipulation of reality is the manipulation of words. If you can control the meaning of words, you can control the people who must use the words.
Vincent.Lynch
View Profile
Elite user
409 Posts

Profile of Vincent.Lynch
Fact is, anyone can learn mentalism if they pay attention for ten minutes of their life. But barely anyone wants to.. they would rather believe mind reading, and ghosts exists..

:) I'm a people person so I help them with that. lol
Rory Raven
View Profile
Special user
Providence, RI
514 Posts

Profile of Rory Raven
This appears to be Psychic Secrets Revealed, which appeared on NBC several years ago. It exposes some genuine methods, and has a few other "explanations" that are completely made up and will make you laugh out loud.

R
"Outside of a dog, a book is man's best friend. Inside of a dog it's too dark to read." -- Groucho Marx
visit www.roryraven.com today!
Lord Of The Horses
View Profile
Inner circle
5406 Posts

Profile of Lord Of The Horses
Quote:
On 2008-01-09 18:47, TT2 wrote:

I'm 110% positive that all the material in my working repertoire could be exposed and I would still make a great living.

Jerome is right. Especially if we create our methods and effects, those things will not bother us.

However, I did never condone exposure just for the sake of it and I'm always against such kind of things.
Then you'll rise right before my eyes, on wings that fill the sky, like a phoenix rising!
Slim King
View Profile
Eternal Order
Orlando
18028 Posts

Profile of Slim King
AMEN!!!!
THE MAN THE SKEPTICS REFUSE TO TEST FOR ONE MILLION DOLLARS.. The Worlds Foremost Authority on Houdini's Life after Death.....
Arnon
View Profile
Inner circle
1320 Posts

Profile of Arnon
Tony Iacoviello
View Profile
Eternal Order
13151 Posts

Profile of Tony Iacoviello
Great post Arnon!
Mr.Crebar
View Profile
Loyal user
231 Posts

Profile of Mr.Crebar
Ok you guys, its on right now. its 8:00 my time. I don't have cable or extra channels, so I believe this is simply a standard station.
Eddini_81976
View Profile
Inner circle
2183 Posts

Profile of Eddini_81976
Yes I just got done watching it and posted a detailed thread on what iy exposed being as vague as I can. The workers will know the methods. I put it out there as some of you top mentalist even me perform this stuff and I don't want to see people do this and get laughed off stage. It's important to know I think what exactly most laymen know and either avoid that effect or really perform it different plus I hate exposure. Here's my thread it's VERY DETAILED, Ed, (Eddini), C.H.

http://www.themagiccafe.com/forums/viewt......rum=15&0
"Treat Others As You'd Want To Be Treated" - Jesus Christ
Jon_Thompson
View Profile
Inner circle
Darkest Cheshire
2404 Posts

Profile of Jon_Thompson
Quote:
On 2008-01-09 19:48, Lord Of The Horses wrote:
Jerome is right. Especially if we create our methods and effects, those things will not bother us.

However, I did never condone exposure just for the sake of it and I'm always against such kind of things.

I agree completely on both counts.

I'm reminded of a Paul Daniels quote: "Never read the instructions". By that I think he means if you use a commercial effect, make it your own. Strip it down and rebuild it in your own unique image. Surely, exposure doesn't matter if your audience doesn't recognise the effect.
rowdymagi5
View Profile
Inner circle
Virginia
3624 Posts

Profile of rowdymagi5
My biggest problem is that I brainstorm for hours, create an effect, only to find..........it was already invented in 1946!! Darn, hard to come up with anything new these days!

However, I always use my own presentation. Watch anything commercial that Alexandre does, he makes it his own!
Chris K
View Profile
Inner circle
2544 Posts

Profile of Chris K
Wow, you are good. It usually takes me weeks to come up with something that I later find was, most recently, invented in 1946!

I need to get more efficient! Jerome and LOTH are 100% correct in my opinion.
The Magic Cafe Forum Index » » Penny for your thoughts » » Revealing Mentalism on TV tonight (0 Likes)
[ Top of Page ]
All content & postings Copyright © 2001-2024 Steve Brooks. All Rights Reserved.
This page was created in 0.02 seconds requiring 5 database queries.
The views and comments expressed on The Magic Café
are not necessarily those of The Magic Café, Steve Brooks, or Steve Brooks Magic.
> Privacy Statement <

ROTFL Billions and billions served! ROTFL