The Magic Café
Username:
Password:
[ Lost Password ]
  [ Forgot Username ]
The Magic Cafe Forum Index » » Shuffled not Stirred » » Problems retaining stack (0 Likes) Printer Friendly Version

dlachance
View Profile
Veteran user
Mississippi
344 Posts

Profile of dlachance
Dear Fellow Magi,

I have begun exporing the use of stacks more seriously. I had stayed away from them for some time because of the very reason I am writing this post.

Each time I have tried to use a stack and I have asked the spectator to cut the deck or stack they are almost always extremely sloppy and miss a card or or two here and there when they cut. How do you avoind this? Should I do the cuts myself or at the very least let them cut and finish the cut or maybe do all cuts in their hand reducing the possibilty of a card being left behind on the table?

Anxious for your advice....
Dorian LaChance
-Dorian LaChance
Dennis Loomis
View Profile
1943 - 2013
2113 Posts

Profile of Dennis Loomis
Probably best to do the cuts yourself. But if they must cut, try having them do a tabled cut. Pantomime cutting off a portion yourself and setting it onto the table next to the deck. Then complete the cut yourself. Less chance of them screwing up this way.

Dennis Loomis
Itinerant Montebank
<BR>http://www.loomismagic.com
jennings
View Profile
New user
89 Posts

Profile of jennings
My approach has always been to spot someone who knows how to cut a deck of cards. I do this during previous effects which don't rely on a pre set deck. Just mentally 'clock' a spectator who can cut and complete without scattering the cards everywhere and you are home free. When you are ready to use a stacked deck just 'randomly' select the spec who know what they are doing !
The Magic Cafe Forum Index » » Shuffled not Stirred » » Problems retaining stack (0 Likes)
[ Top of Page ]
All content & postings Copyright © 2001-2024 Steve Brooks. All Rights Reserved.
This page was created in 0.01 seconds requiring 5 database queries.
The views and comments expressed on The Magic Café
are not necessarily those of The Magic Café, Steve Brooks, or Steve Brooks Magic.
> Privacy Statement <

ROTFL Billions and billions served! ROTFL