The Magic Café
Username:
Password:
[ Lost Password ]
  [ Forgot Username ]
The Magic Cafe Forum Index » » You Oughta Be In Pictures » » Happy New Year from Michael Vincent (0 Likes) Printer Friendly Version

Go to page 1~2 [Next]
michaelvincent
View Profile
V.I.P.
567 Posts

Profile of michaelvincent
To start the New Year off in a nice way, I thought I would share with Café members some of my favourite routines in magic.

Follow the link and enjoy. http://www.youtube.com/michaelvincent64

Happy New Year to all Café members and thanks for making this a fantastic resource for lovers of quality magic.

Cheers

Mike Vincent
London
Magic for the 21st Century
"Why be mediocre, when you have excellence as an option"

Mastering Magic

Elegant Decpetions

Learning Tools

The All Cards Blog

The Vincent Academy of Magic
Turk
View Profile
Inner circle
Portland, OR
3545 Posts

Profile of Turk
Thank you so much for that link, Michael. Watching you and Ricky Cox was so enjoyable.

BTW, Your original Tapestry of Deception VHS tape instantly became one of my all-time favorites. The first time I watched it, it took a long time--but that was only becuasde I re-watched it twice more in the same sittng. What a marvelous awe-inspiring thought-provoking lesson in great magic and natural deception. Thank you for releasing it.

Best regards,

Mike
Magic is a vanishing Art.

This must not be Kansas anymore, Toto.

Eschew obfuscation.
michaelvincent
View Profile
V.I.P.
567 Posts

Thank you Turk for your kind words.

I honestly feel that if you keep watching The Tapestry of Deception, you will employ many of the strategies into your magic unconsciously. The point is to be mindful of the strategies and continually ask how you can apply it to the magic you are currently performing.

Good luck and thanks again.

Mike vincent

Mastering Magic

Elegant Decpetions

Learning Tools

The All Cards Blog

vinsmagic
View Profile
Eternal Order
sleeping with the fishes...
10726 Posts

Profile of vinsmagic
Michael you are a ,magicians magician////YOUR STYLE AND TECHNIQUE ARE SECOND TO NONE IMO,,,
One of my most memorial moments , one evening at the Magic Castle you were sitting down by your self placing cards on the table one at a time.I appproched you and asked if you could demonstate your table doubles, to my suprise every card you had placed on the table was a double.......
your friend
vinny the godfather of magic
Come check out my magic.

http://www.vinnymarini.com
michaelvincent
View Profile
V.I.P.
567 Posts

Hello Vin

It was great joy meeting you at The Castle.

I hope you are well.

Thanks for your kind words and I hope to see you again at Castle later in the year.

Cheers buddy

Mike

Mastering Magic

Elegant Decpetions

Learning Tools

The All Cards Blog

Clark
View Profile
Special user
957 Posts

Profile of Clark
Very Nice Micheal, you are true professional...always a joy to watch perform. I wish you a great '08, thank for sharing.

Clark
“The key to creativity is in knowing how to hide your sources.”
Albert Einstein
Darren Kidby
View Profile
Loyal user
UK
291 Posts

Profile of Darren Kidby
Hey Michael,
Happy New Year to you.

Darren...
vpatanio
View Profile
Special user
515 Posts

Profile of vpatanio
Happy New Year Michael!

I've watched the video of your cups and balls routine (and your other works) at least a hundred times and each time I watch it, I realize more and more why I love magic so much. You are fantastic! Thank you!

-Vinny
Darren Kidby
View Profile
Loyal user
UK
291 Posts

Profile of Darren Kidby
Hey Michael,
Happy New Year to you.

Darren...
NeoMagic
View Profile
Inner circle
I have...
2017 Posts

Profile of NeoMagic
Thank you, Michael. I've watched - and thoroughly enjoyed - many of these before and they are great. I particularly enjoyed your nod to Larry Jennings with The Open Travellers - nice! And the best for 2008 to you too!
See and download my latest free card-suits-themed desktop wallpaper | HERE
Chris Jones
View Profile
Elite user
439 Posts

Profile of Chris Jones
Happy new year to you. You are the most valuable playa.
Medifro
View Profile
Inner circle
Miami
1244 Posts

Profile of Medifro
I loved the clips a lot when I first watch them Michael. Great performances, many are the best I saw when it comes to effects like Open Travellers and the others.

Happy new year ^_^

~ Feras
Vlad_77
View Profile
Inner circle
The Netherlands
5829 Posts

Profile of Vlad_77
Dear Michael,

A Happy and Prosperous New Year to you as well. I feel very fortunate in having the opportunity to coorespond with someone of your calibre. Your work is simply breathtaking and your presentation is wonderfully witty. Of course, such superlatives are frequently and rightly conferred upon you, so I am but one more voice who believes that the Art is so the much the better for having you in it!

Thank you for your contributions to our ancient Art!

Best,
Vlad
Mcdermott
View Profile
New user
28 Posts

Profile of Mcdermott
Happy new year to you too !

With this day and age , so many people forget what magic is about , because we are magicans and do these same tricks , we forget we have just made a coin dissapear or a card vanish. This is real magic. I hope one day I have the pleasure of shaking your hand in person in order to congragulate you not only on the skills as a magican but also as a practitioner of this art. I notice from your accent your are from The united kingdom like me. Where are you originally from ? London ?

Best wishes,

McDermott
Tim Sutton
View Profile
Elite user
Tim Sutton AIMC, London UK
460 Posts

Profile of Tim Sutton
Happy New Year Mike,

I hope you had a great time in the States. It's wonderful to see your Balls again! (and gosh you have them). I'll certainly see you at the Gloucester convention if not before. All best wishes

yours,

Tim
michaelvincent
View Profile
V.I.P.
567 Posts

Quote:
On 2008-01-11 13:04, Mcdermott wrote:
Happy new year to you too !

With this day and age , so many people forget what magic is about , because we are magicans and do these same tricks , we forget we have just made a coin dissapear or a card vanish. This is real magic. I hope one day I have the pleasure of shaking your hand in person in order to congragulate you not only on the skills as a magican but also as a practitioner of this art. I notice from your accent your are from The united kingdom like me. Where are you originally from ? London ?

Best wishes,

McDermott

Thank you Mcdermott

I live in West London not far from The Magic Circle.
I look forward to meeting you too.

cheers

Mike Vincent

Mastering Magic

Elegant Decpetions

Learning Tools

The All Cards Blog

michaelvincent
View Profile
V.I.P.
567 Posts

Quote:
On 2008-01-11 14:34, Tim Sutton wrote:
Happy New Year Mike,

I hope you had a great time in the States. It's wonderful to see your Balls again! (and gosh you have them). I'll certainly see you at the Gloucester convention if not before. All best wishes

yours,

Tim

Happy New Year Tim

Great to hear from you.

I am delighted that you will be at The Sessions Convention, we are going to have a blast, can't wait.

See you then

Cheers

Mike

Mastering Magic

Elegant Decpetions

Learning Tools

The All Cards Blog

michaelvincent
View Profile
V.I.P.
567 Posts

My dear friends

The power of the Internet has allowed me the chance to share my passion for magic with you all and in turn, through the power of the Internet I want to thank you all for the kind comments you have made.

I may not have met many of you in person, but I feel the Internet has made the world a much smaller place. This has brought us all closer together, through our love of magic.

In this New Year, I have made a promise to myself to raise my standard even more. My goal is to raise the perception of magic in the eyes of the lay public. Quality magic will inspire any audience; judging by your comments, it is wonderful to see you all feel the same way.

I feel together, we can all push ourselves further to become even better magicians and performers, so that our craft can be viewed with the respect and honour it so richly deserves.

Let’s work together so that we can leave our craft a little better than we found it, this to me is time well spent.

If you can make it, I will be appearing at the forthcoming Sessions Convention. You can check the details here: http://www.sessionconvention.com I look forward to seeing you all there.

One more thing, I have added some new routines to my You Tube channel for you all to enjoy.

Follow these links:
http://uk.youtube.com/watch?v=JQ0lzHnYMC0
http://uk.youtube.com/watch?v=sxh3LHLikMk

Take my friends and I looking forward meeting you in person very soon.

Cheers

Mike Vincent

Mastering Magic

Elegant Decpetions

Learning Tools

The All Cards Blog

Top Hat
View Profile
Inner circle
We peed on you!
1077 Posts

Profile of Top Hat
Not at all, you are welcome. I too feel that the internet has made the world so much smaller. Sometimes it feels so small that I could place it into my right trouser pocket. Your tricks are lovely, and I would love to have your babies. Are you single or married? We have so much in common and I feel we were made for each other. I can't wait to meet you. Please keep the videos of your tricks coming for us all to watch and enjoy. You are such a great role model, with your nice dark suit and tie. I love a smart man. Take care, my darling. I will soon be adding some videos of myself to YouTube for you all to watch and enjoy. Most of them will feature my pet baboon, Gordon. I have trained him to do a Faro shuffle. Big love to all my friends here at the Café. May you all take magic to the next highest level. I look forward to you meeting me at the next convention on our dear art, and giving me the respect I so richly deserve. Oh, and HAPPY NEW YEAR!!!! Lots and lots of love to you all. TOP HAT xxxxxxxxxx
TH Smile Smile Smile Smile Smile
Review King
View Profile
Eternal Order
14446 Posts

Profile of Review King
Michael Vincent is not only one of the best technical sleigth of hand artists' in the world, his performing style is second to none. He does what very few peorforms are able to: he makes you feel good watching him because you smile and are mesmorized.

He is, an Artist.
"Of all words of tongue and pen,
the saddest are, "It might have been"

..........John Greenleaf Whittier
The Magic Cafe Forum Index » » You Oughta Be In Pictures » » Happy New Year from Michael Vincent (0 Likes)
 Go to page 1~2 [Next]
[ Top of Page ]
All content & postings Copyright © 2001-2021 Steve Brooks. All Rights Reserved.
This page was created in 0.2 seconds requiring 5 database queries.
The views and comments expressed on The Magic Café
are not necessarily those of The Magic Café, Steve Brooks, or Steve Brooks Magic.
> Privacy Statement <

ROTFL Billions and billions served! ROTFL