The Magic Café
Username:
Password:
[ Lost Password ]
  [ Forgot Username ]
The Magic Cafe Forum Index » » Smooth as silk » » Large eggs-actly egg = ? silk size (0 Likes) Printer Friendly Version

JonathanM
View Profile
Veteran user
Jonathan
352 Posts

Profile of JonathanM
I have a large "Eggs-actly" egg and the 12" silk is too small and the 24" silk doesn't leave any room for my thumb. Before I buy some more silk over the internet, does anyone know what size silk works best for the large "eggs-actly" fake egg?
Jonathan Meyer
Oklahoma City, Oklahoma
www.jonathanmagic.com
Doug Arden
View Profile
Special user
886 Posts

Profile of Doug Arden
I use 18" silks and they work just fine.
JonathanM
View Profile
Veteran user
Jonathan
352 Posts

Profile of JonathanM
OK, 18" silks - got it. An online magic dealer mailed me 4 silks - Two 24" silks and two 18" silks. But all four came in the mail as 24" silks. I have a show in 3 days, so I have no time to mail them back for an exchange. Could I go to an alterations store and have them trim them all down to 18"?
Jonathan Meyer
Oklahoma City, Oklahoma
www.jonathanmagic.com
Doug Arden
View Profile
Special user
886 Posts

Profile of Doug Arden
I'm pretty sure they could do that for you. The best thing to do is to take them down there and ask.
Bob Sanders
View Profile
Grammar Supervisor
Magic Valley Ranch, Clanton, Alabama
20519 Posts

Profile of Bob Sanders
Jonathan,

Most people in the alterations business are neither qualified nor equipped to put hems on your good China silks with the flat 2mm hem. At least fine someone who constantly sews on very good silk lingerie. It will get by for a while. There is no substitute for the real thing.

Get the right silks when you can.

Bob Sanders
Magic By Sander
Bob Sanders

Magic By Sander / The Amazed Wiz

AmazedWiz@Yahoo.com
The Magic Cafe Forum Index » » Smooth as silk » » Large eggs-actly egg = ? silk size (0 Likes)
[ Top of Page ]
All content & postings Copyright © 2001-2021 Steve Brooks. All Rights Reserved.
This page was created in 0.15 seconds requiring 5 database queries.
The views and comments expressed on The Magic Café
are not necessarily those of The Magic Café, Steve Brooks, or Steve Brooks Magic.
> Privacy Statement <

ROTFL Billions and billions served! ROTFL