We Remember The Magic Café We Remember
Username:
Password:
[ Lost Password ]
  [ Forgot Username ]
The Magic Cafe Forum Index » » Nothing up my sleeve... » » Close-up Pad that can FOLD?? (0 Likes) Printer Friendly Version

Salby
View Profile
Inner circle
New Jersey
1174 Posts

Profile of Salby
Wondering if there is a Close-up pad that can fold into an 8.5 x 11 inch form?? I rather not have 1 that rolls up. Also, if it folds, how long would it last at the crease area and how does it look on the surface once unfolded?? Does it stay flat?? I want to be able to have the texture/softness of a regular Close-up pad where I can perform a coin matrix and secretly picking up the coins behind a playing card from the pad.
You know how to make God laugh?........... Tell him your plans!!!
doug brewer
View Profile
V.I.P.
1140 Posts

Profile of doug brewer
The Trickery (I believe) makes a folding close-up pad that I use for strolling in the bar I work at, but it is not as soft as a typical close-up pad. It is a cool product though. It's great for the shell game . . .
Larry Barnowsky
View Profile
Inner circle
Cooperstown, NY where bats are made from
4866 Posts

Profile of Larry Barnowsky
I have a close-up pad that folds. When opened it's about 5 by 7 inches. I think this was a John Cornelius product. It works very well. I wish they offered it in a larger size with two hinges instead of one.

Larry
Pete Biro
View Profile
1933 - 2018
18558 Posts

Profile of Pete Biro
Go to a jewelry suuply house they sell folding pads used to display jewelry. You might find one online.
I've had one for years and it works like a charm.
STAY TOONED... @ www.pete-biro.com
magicblademan
View Profile
Special user
uk
523 Posts

Profile of magicblademan
John Cornelius product Like Larry says is pretty good,it folds up like a wallet if you do a search you'll find it..i know the card collection use to sell it but that's in the uk.

I have seen it at magic conventions and it is the right size if you only want a small surface.
If you put the time in....you will achieve ...
Jacob Smith
View Profile
Inner circle
1777 Posts

Profile of Jacob Smith
I think its called the shuffle board(i too an interested in one).
jimmyj
View Profile
Veteran user
343 Posts

Profile of jimmyj
Hello,
I found a folding close up pad at the link below:

http://themagicwarehouse.com/cgi-bin/findit.pl?x_item=FL1975

Jim
Salby
View Profile
Inner circle
New Jersey
1174 Posts

Profile of Salby
Thanks for all your feedback.

JimmyJ... That one may be what I am looking for, but I am wondering how soft the surface is and is it slides around due to the leather backing???
doug brewer
View Profile
V.I.P.
1140 Posts

Profile of doug brewer
That's it. It doesn't slide around, but the surface is not soft enough for a pickup move. I'd take Pete's advice (in fact I might do it myself) and find a jeweler's mat. They use a soft velvet.
benjie84
View Profile
Loyal user
New Jersey
234 Posts

Profile of benjie84
I remember reading something that MM (unfortunatly) made a very "tough" close up pad. something that you can throw in a case and not worry that it will get too many creases...never seen one that folds up, but I too will probably take petes advice and find a jewelers mat. awesome idea pete!
benjie84
View Profile
Loyal user
New Jersey
234 Posts

Profile of benjie84
I also like the one from magicwarehouse, but hasnt there been some issues with them shipping items? I thought I heard that they were not a good business to deal with.
Salby
View Profile
Inner circle
New Jersey
1174 Posts

Profile of Salby
I bought a Morgan Shell from MagicWarehouse.com about a month ago and it came to my doorstep in 2 days (Washington D.C. to NJ).

They notified me as soon as they received a shipment of Johnson Morgan Shells... Very Quick Responses and Deliveries.

I am also elated with enjoyment on the craftmanship of the Johnson Morgan Shell they sent me.

I have had no issues with them.

I will look more into this whole Folding Close-up Pad thingy.
rutabaga
View Profile
Inner circle
Toronto, Canada
1278 Posts

Profile of rutabaga
Salby, off topic here, but what was the finish on your Morgan [... they look "uncirculated" from the pics?
Salby
View Profile
Inner circle
New Jersey
1174 Posts

Profile of Salby
Yes-- It is "uncirculated". I have 4 regular Morgans that match it perfectly.

If you want to clean off your silver coins to make them look "new" and perfectly match each other, I highly recommend that CLOTH for Silver Jewelery and Silverware that you buy at Wal-mart for $5.00. That is the easiest way to clean off all the tarnish. Granted, I prefer tarnished coins, but I now have 1 set tarnished Morgans and 1 set "uncirculated" Morgans. Each set has there own versatility and for certain coin routines.

It depends on what you are looking for. MagicWarehouse.com does sell the durable and professional Johnson Products that I can vouch for. I know that there have been posts about "Are the gaffed coins from MagiWarehouse.com from the Johnson company?" and the bottom-line... They are!!... Or at, least, it is the quality of Johnson... NOT Tengo or Sasco. Included with my Morgan Shell from them is the usual Instructional sheet put out by Johnson.

Johnson products are intermediately expensive and MJM Magic and Penguin Magic do NOT sell these coins. I wish MJM Magic did as I do most business with them. I would not go any lower than a Johnson product. Of course, Lassen and Schoolcraft are the best... If you have the money, that is.

Hope this helps you guys out when looking for Johnson Products.
Chad Barnard
View Profile
Special user
Mt. Airy, NC
763 Posts

Profile of Chad Barnard
I've never had problems with Magic Warehouse. They've always been fast and easy to deal with.
The Magic Cafe Forum Index » » Nothing up my sleeve... » » Close-up Pad that can FOLD?? (0 Likes)
[ Top of Page ]
All content & postings Copyright © 2001-2021 Steve Brooks. All Rights Reserved.
This page was created in 0.13 seconds requiring 5 database queries.
The views and comments expressed on The Magic Café
are not necessarily those of The Magic Café, Steve Brooks, or Steve Brooks Magic.
> Privacy Statement <

ROTFL Billions and billions served! ROTFL