The Magic Café
Username:
Password:
[ Lost Password ]
  [ Forgot Username ]
The Magic Cafe Forum Index » » Grand illusion » » Falling in Love with Your Prop ... (0 Likes) Printer Friendly Version

Go to page 1~2 [Next]
Chezaday
View Profile
Inner circle
Naperville, IL
1673 Posts

Profile of Chezaday
Have you ever had an illusion that you just couldn't take your eyes off of?? You're not alone and I'm pretty sure there are many of you hiding in shame behind your old Zig Zag Lady right now.

Recently one of our members here on the Café has pretty much expressed his love for his new illusion. I won't mention his name .. but, I believe he slept with his prop last night.

I'm sure there are many other similar stories out there that maybe you might share. You might just feel a little better about yourself.

Steve
M-Illusion
View Profile
Special user
549 Posts

Profile of M-Illusion
Ahh yes...was like that with my Gaughan Origami for the first few years. Now it's usually any custom illusion that I have built. There is just something cool about seeing your ideas OFF of the paper! Lately though, my illusion "love interest" has been an old, beat up, Temple of Benares...I don't perform it anymore - but I've had it since I was a kid and it's always good for inspiration!
The Mirror Images
View Profile
Inner circle
Michigan/USA
1980 Posts

Profile of The Mirror Images
Chezeday,

Was that you sleeping with the prop or inside the prop?? IF you have a large enough load space you can chill in there for the night. Saves on room and board for travel LOL
Steven and Michael, The Mirror Images
The MOST Identical Twin Illusionist
http://www.themirrorimages.com
Check out our latest new effect
- Liquid Steel NEW
- MotoBox NEW
- MotoMation NEW
- Voyager
ClintonMagus
View Profile
Inner circle
Southwestern Southeast
3997 Posts

Profile of ClintonMagus
When I built my Modern Art, that's how I felt about it. I just liked to put it together and look at it, surprised that I could build something that looked that good.
Things are more like they are today than they've ever been before...
Wade Live
View Profile
Veteran user
Earth
322 Posts

Profile of Wade Live
Quote:
On 2008-01-12 15:13, Chezaday wrote:
Recently one of our members here on the Café has pretty much expressed his love for his new illusion. I won't mention his name .. but, I believe he slept with his prop last night.

Steve

Ok maybe I got carried away with the vinyl and all that jazz but she looked very boring and needed some help. What's wroung with that??! LOL! Urrr an ***!.....

- Wade

P.S
Wanna see the wax job on the laminate? LOL
Bill Nuvo
View Profile
Inner circle
3094 Posts or
2742 Posts

Profile of Bill Nuvo
Was it a Brazilian wax job?
Christopher Starr
View Profile
Inner circle
Heart of America
1850 Posts

Profile of Christopher Starr
It's no crime to give yourself over to pleasure Wade.... Smile LOL

It is a sweet looking prop.

Chris
jaynet
View Profile
Regular user
102 Posts

Profile of jaynet
I'd rather be with the girl who goes in the illusions.
(my Wife)
magicofCurtis
View Profile
Inner circle
Los Angeles
2545 Posts

Profile of magicofCurtis
And/or what about being in love with a billboard of yourself? ehehhe
adam christopher
View Profile
Veteran user
316 Posts

Profile of adam christopher
Curtis you're so vain, I bet you think this thread is about you, LOL

AC
Chezaday
View Profile
Inner circle
Naperville, IL
1673 Posts

Profile of Chezaday
I think we're on to something here .. keep it coming boys. Did I tell you about my first love .. she was about 5'8" tall, made of Baltic birch .. had the smell of fresh paint when you were near her. We were together for almost 20 years until someone offered me a $1000.00 for her.

I knew it was time for us to finally part .. besides my Zig Zag was replaced by the Modern Art.

Steve
rocky clements
View Profile
Regular user
110 Posts

Profile of rocky clements
For me, it is my Owen Baffling Bulbs (light bulbs through girl cabinet). I dreamed of having one since childhood, watching Dick Williams Magicland as he performed his built by De Yip Loo. It is a magical prop, especially with the bulbs on. Still as fascinated with it now as when I was twelve.
Kevin Ridgeway
View Profile
V.I.P.
Indianapolis, IN & Phoenix, AZ
1832 Posts

Profile of Kevin Ridgeway
Well Kristen says that her Origami is the best prop she has been in and feels more comfortable in it than any other illusion. Granted she IS in the sleeping position while in it.

A recent addition to our show has expensive enough that I think we should be living in it instead of performing it...what do you think Steve?...LOL

Kevin
Living Illusions
Ridgeway & Johnson Entertainment Inc

Kevin Ridgeway &
Kristen Johnson aka Lady Houdini
The World's Premier Female Escape Artist

www.LadyHoudini.com

www.livingillusions.com
Magic Patrick
View Profile
Inner circle
Minnesota
1591 Posts

Profile of Magic Patrick
Konundrum Kube does it for me. Smile

BYUDAD
JoyJoy
View Profile
Special user
Germany
514 Posts

Profile of JoyJoy
Wade did you already perform this illusion or couldn´t you take your eyes of it yet?
Wade Live
View Profile
Veteran user
Earth
322 Posts

Profile of Wade Live
LOL... It's going in Wed night for a corporate gig. I'll let you know how it goes.

- Wadini
JoyJoy
View Profile
Special user
Germany
514 Posts

Profile of JoyJoy
Good LUCK!! Wish you the best. We are (at least I am) very curious with you and afterwards for your report =)
ricker
View Profile
Special user
Tampa, FL
914 Posts

Profile of ricker
Syd wont let me have any illusions in the bedroom with us. Books are ok, but no illusions.

Now the cat is a different story...
hugmagic
View Profile
Inner circle
7665 Posts

Profile of hugmagic
Kevin,
Steve could send you a box of twinkies to go with the origami if you are going to set up housekeeping in it.

Richard
Richard E. Hughes, Hughes Magic Inc., 352 N. Prospect St., Ravenna, OH 44266 (330)296-4023
www.hughesmagic.com
email-hugmagic@raex.com
Write direct as I will be turning off my PM's.
magicofCurtis
View Profile
Inner circle
Los Angeles
2545 Posts

Profile of magicofCurtis
Quote:
On 2008-01-12 19:53, adam christopher wrote:
Curtis you're so vain, I bet you think this thread is about you, LOL

AC

Silly Adam, I think everything is about me!!!!!! Smile
Well this one website focuses just on me!! http://www.MagicofCurtis.com eheheheheh Smile

JOKE
The Magic Cafe Forum Index » » Grand illusion » » Falling in Love with Your Prop ... (0 Likes)
 Go to page 1~2 [Next]
[ Top of Page ]
All content & postings Copyright © 2001-2024 Steve Brooks. All Rights Reserved.
This page was created in 0.03 seconds requiring 5 database queries.
The views and comments expressed on The Magic Café
are not necessarily those of The Magic Café, Steve Brooks, or Steve Brooks Magic.
> Privacy Statement <

ROTFL Billions and billions served! ROTFL