The Magic Café
Username:
Password:
[ Lost Password ]
  [ Forgot Username ]
The Magic Cafe Forum Index » » The little darlings » » Snake wand (0 Likes) Printer Friendly Version

ksim-ksam
View Profile
New user
1 Post

Profile of ksim-ksam
Have 3 "wand to snake" in market
what the best you use ?

Sneaky Snakey Wand by Mike Bent
snake wand ( metal wand)
Wand To Snake by Derek Rutt

Apel
Jef Eaton
View Profile
Special user
512 Posts

Profile of Jef Eaton
Wand to Snake by Derek Rutt is made great, but you better have big hands to cover the gimmick. The snake is about 4 feet long when produced, so when compressed it is still pretty large.The one I ordered is much darker material than in the video. (I hate that) There is one of the sneaky ones on ebay right now in a lot of kids magic. I haven't seen the metal want you described.
kandumagic.com
<BR>jjeaton@aol.com
<BR>Creator of what my Mom thinks are the funniest kid show props around!
Mind_Magic
View Profile
Inner circle
The Sunshine State USA
1229 Posts

Profile of Mind_Magic
I recommend "Wand To Snake" by Derek Rutt; high quality, you need to practice how to palm the gimmick without looking at it.
derrick
View Profile
Inner circle
I dug holes for
1044 Posts

Profile of derrick
I believe I use the "Wand to Snake" by Derek Rutt. I purchased it some time ago so I suppose it could have been made by someone else. Below is a link to a clip of me using it last week on a local morning news program. I think this shows just how much fun this prop can be to use.

Hope you all enjoy, Derrick

http://www.todaysthv.com/news/thismornin......id=58811
TRUMPETMAN
View Profile
Special user
Naples, FL
705 Posts

Profile of TRUMPETMAN
I have been using Mr Rutt's Snake to Wand for about two years now. The hinge broke on the top, but Derek sent spare parts with the wand when I bought it, so I was able to fix it. It has worked without a hitch ever since. The size of the snake is a real eye-popper, and never fails to get a big response from the kids. Everything is get from Derek proves to be a kid pleaser and an effect the kids and parents remember after the show.

Mark Pettey
Naples, FL

Posted: Jan 18, 2008 12:04pm
Ooops. I meant to say "everything I get", not "everything is get". Fat fingers this morning....

Mark Pettey
Naples, FL
Mark Pettey
Naples, FL
facebook.com/robbietheringmaster
Habu
View Profile
Veteran user
Texas / Alabama
393 Posts

Profile of Habu
Im glad I came across this question, I'm glad you asked it Apel. See, there are no stupid questions on the forums. What you ask, someone else may be wondering.

Welcome to the Café' Apel, glad you are on board.

My stage name is Habu, which (if you read the bottom of my post) is from a snake in Okinawa. I've been thinking I should start my show off with a little snake magic to tie in my name for kids and parents to identify me with.

Guess I need to give Hank Lee a call and see if he carries the Rutt snake wand!
www.magicbyhabu.com
Habu: Taken from SR-71 spy plane I worked on. It's name came from a poisonous snake on Okinawa. Hope my magic isn't poisonous!
Derek Rutt Creations
View Profile
Regular user
thailand
172 Posts

Profile of Derek Rutt Creations
Hi Guys
Many thanks for all your kind comments .I know the Gimmick is quite large but remember when you bring out the wand they are not looking at your hand they are seeing a magic wand .....and also you are moving your hand about ......I only have a small hand but have never had any problem with the kids seeing the gimmick. I made it this size so that it would have much more effect on the audience ...I always believe that visual visual visual...is most important in your children's shows.
Once again many thanks to all of you and thanks TRUMPETMAN.....and plenty in stock.
Yours
Derek
Hope this helps. Creation is life
www.derekrutt.com
Habu
View Profile
Veteran user
Texas / Alabama
393 Posts

Profile of Habu
Hello Derek,

I have one of David Ginn's DVDs, and I have to agree with you, it is the visuals and antics that make his work stick in the minds of the kids.
www.magicbyhabu.com
Habu: Taken from SR-71 spy plane I worked on. It's name came from a poisonous snake on Okinawa. Hope my magic isn't poisonous!
Bob Sanders
View Profile
Grammar Supervisor
Magic Valley Ranch, Clanton, Alabama
20501 Posts

Profile of Bob Sanders
My wife made my snake wand for me.

Of course, she made me a throw-down wand too. (Just like I learned about in law enforcement with a throw-down gun!) When a trick goes wrong you can use the throw-down wand because the serial number has been filed off and it's not traceable.

Bob Sanders
Magic By Sander
Bob Sanders

Magic By Sander / The Amazed Wiz

AmazedWiz@Yahoo.com http://www.magicbysander.com/
The Magic Cafe Forum Index » » The little darlings » » Snake wand (0 Likes)
[ Top of Page ]
All content & postings Copyright © 2001-2019 Steve Brooks. All Rights Reserved.
This page was created in 0.12 seconds requiring 5 database queries.
The views and comments expressed on The Magic Café
are not necessarily those of The Magic Café, Steve Brooks, or Steve Brooks Magic.
> Privacy Statement <

ROTFL Billions and billions served! ROTFL