The Magic Café
Username:
Password:
[ Lost Password ]
  [ Forgot Username ]
The Magic Cafe Forum Index » » Grand illusion » » Stage Electric Touch Problems (0 Likes) Printer Friendly Version

Alexx Argen
View Profile
New user
"New" for 10+ years with only
85 Posts

Profile of Alexx Argen
If any of you have used an Electric Touch on stage, does it have any interference with your wireless mic/system. I was thinking about using it on stage and I did not want to create any problems.
Father Photius
View Profile
Grammar Host
El Paso, TX (Formerly Amarillo)
17198 Posts

Profile of Father Photius
Never used it with a wireless mike, but anything that creates a static field is potentially capable of causing you some problems. I electric touch demoed at WMS a couple of years ago by its creator, and was totally unimpressed. Took him three tries to even get a charge to me and it was very weak. If that is typical of its ability, you create more static field around your own clothing than it will and as such it shouldn't hurt the mike.
If you are using mike to a transmitter pack and not a hand wireless mike you could try putting a rf choke around the cord going to the transmitter, should stave off any noise going from mike into transmitter from static field. You can get them for speakers, they are little ferrite cyliners in a little plastic case that you snap around the cord. Or you could put a couple of loops in the cord and hold with some tape and it will do about the same thing.
"Now here's the man with the 25 cent hands, that two bit magician..."
Fitz
View Profile
Elite user
Phoenix, AZ
476 Posts

Profile of Fitz
I sent over 25,000 through a TV remote once on accident and it never worked again. I also tried to get a volt reading from my electric man prop using a Fluke 87-V meter... The arcs looked very cool but the meter never worked again. The worst part was the meter belonged to a co-worker and I replaced it at about $350.00. I use a wireless hand held mic when performing this and I keep my distance from it.

Fitz
I have a daily web show all about magic at http://FitzMagic.info
Fitz
View Profile
Elite user
Phoenix, AZ
476 Posts

Profile of Fitz
That should read 25,000 volts...

Goodnight
I have a daily web show all about magic at http://FitzMagic.info
The Magic Cafe Forum Index » » Grand illusion » » Stage Electric Touch Problems (0 Likes)
[ Top of Page ]
All content & postings Copyright © 2001-2021 Steve Brooks. All Rights Reserved.
This page was created in 0.19 seconds requiring 5 database queries.
The views and comments expressed on The Magic Café
are not necessarily those of The Magic Café, Steve Brooks, or Steve Brooks Magic.
> Privacy Statement <

ROTFL Billions and billions served! ROTFL