The Magic Café
Username:
Password:
[ Lost Password ]
  [ Forgot Username ]
The Magic Cafe Forum Index » » Tricky business » » What are your thoughts on GIGmasters.com? (0 Likes) Printer Friendly Version

Go to page [Previous]  1~2~3..12~13~14
Al Angello
View Profile
Eternal Order
Collegeville, Pa. USA
11047 Posts

Profile of Al Angello
Eli
I don't blame gigmaster I think that it is more a sign of the sagging economy. Possibly I should get an illusion act if you are having such success in York, Pa. I am still getting work from my web site, and that is paid for.
Al Angello The Comic Juggler/Magician
http://www.juggleral.com
http://home.comcast.net/~juggleral/
"Footprints on your ceiling are almost gone"
EliTheIllusionist
View Profile
Regular user
York, PA
191 Posts

Profile of EliTheIllusionist
I still have yet to perform the illusion shows in York lol. Mostly close-up to platform magic around here.

York is a terrible market for entertainment. Too blue-collar here.
Al Angello
View Profile
Eternal Order
Collegeville, Pa. USA
11047 Posts

Profile of Al Angello
I've only done one job in York. It was juggling at the Country Club.
EliTheIllusionist
View Profile
Regular user
York, PA
191 Posts

Profile of EliTheIllusionist
Awesome. Which country club?
Al Angello
View Profile
Eternal Order
Collegeville, Pa. USA
11047 Posts

Profile of Al Angello
I think it was called the York Country Club, but it was about ten years ago.
Benji Bruce
View Profile
Special user
930 Posts

Profile of Benji Bruce
Gigmasters is a WASTE OF MONEY and they have HORRIBLE CUSTOMER SERVICE (at least after they take your money). This is what I posted on another thread...

So I thought I would give Gigmasters a try and I signed up. Not only did I sign up as a Mentalist, I made another profile as a motivational speaker and decided to get the best service they offer. But it was a waste of money.

ALL my gig leads from the motivational speaker page were nothing but kid parties that are looking for magicians and clowns. I get the EXACT same leads from my Mentalist profile as I do from the Motivational Speaker one. So I asked for my money back...they said no. I was a day late from the 30 day money back guarantee.

I guess Gigmasters will just take your money and run. So if you decide to cancel your membership then you better be sure you're not a second late because then you violate the rules and they keep your money. And getting two profiles sure won't help because you will get the same leads...but at least you get to respond twice in case you mess up on the first time.

Overall, I thought Gigmasters would have better customer service but I guess not. I'll take my business elsewhere and tell every performer how horrible they are. And I sure don't plan on paying Gigmasters anything (even if that means I get a rating of one).

Just thought you guys should know.
TheMagicianGuide
View Profile
New user
Wheat Ridge Colorado
90 Posts

Profile of TheMagicianGuide
Our listings often appear right along side GigMasters in search results and we only charge a very small annual fee for our services - here is a link to save $10 even if anyone is interested: http://TheMagicianGuide.com/special-pricing.php

We work with you as an entertainer and business owner and help you understand your business target market - and how to best define your particular keyword content in your ad listing. We also allow and encourage you to update your content to help you improve results over time.

And, we drive leads and traffic through our entire network of websites and directories - not just one site.
TheMagicianGuide.com - National Magician Directory.

The Magician Guide is part of Kids Party Resource network of childrens entertainers and event rentals.
dearwiseone
View Profile
Inner circle
Portland, OR
1143 Posts

Profile of dearwiseone
MagicianGuide, do you have any entertainers listed on your site? I clicked everywhere I could and I couldn't find one real entertainer listed! That's not good!
Decomposed
View Profile
Eternal Order
High Desert
12035 Posts

Profile of Decomposed
I just thought I would bite with GM. Took the $81 deal for six months. I will report if its worth it.

Posted: Feb 28, 2011 6:52pm
First gig lead today. It's for 100 bucks or so. Guess this is what is expected?

Quote:
On 2010-03-10 13:52, dearwiseone wrote:
MagicianGuide, do you have any entertainers listed on your site? I clicked everywhere I could and I couldn't find one real entertainer listed! That's not good!

I found one magician on the site. It must be a new company. It's $19 a year.
Bob Sanders
View Profile
Grammar Supervisor
Magic Valley Ranch, Clanton, Alabama
20522 Posts

Profile of Bob Sanders
Last week, Gigmasters gave me one more last chance to sign up. They do that pretty often.

Do you have the same experience?

Bob Sanders
Magic By Sander
Bob Sanders

Magic By Sander / The Amazed Wiz

AmazedWiz@Yahoo.com
Mindpro
View Profile
Eternal Order
10195 Posts

Profile of Mindpro
That only seems to happen after you've been listed with them and don't renew, or an ocassional "we'd like you back" campaign in the first six months after you're term has expired.
Decomposed
View Profile
Eternal Order
High Desert
12035 Posts

Profile of Decomposed
You then have to build your entire site with video etc. all over again. Guess no pain no gain Lol.
Still waiting on it to pay off. Mixed reviews at best here and it's only been a week for me.
Reuben Dunn
View Profile
Inner circle
Has a purple ribbon wraped around my
1592 Posts

Profile of Reuben Dunn
Quote:
On 2011-02-28 04:31, Decomposed wrote:
I just thought I would bite with GM. Took the $81 deal for six months. I will report if its worth it.

Posted: Feb 28, 2011 6:52pm
First gig lead today. It's for 100 bucks or so. Guess this is what is expected?

Quote:
On 2010-03-10 13:52, dearwiseone wrote:

I found one magician on the site. It must be a new company. It's $19 a year.

I think I can corner the California market on this site; I'd be the only mentalist there.

I'll check back in on the site in six months.

I'd love to know about the response rate for inquires here on this site; I've poped in an out over the past year and have seen nothing but cyber tumble weeds....
Good Thoughts.

Reuben Dunn

www.reubendunn.com
Decomposed
View Profile
Eternal Order
High Desert
12035 Posts

Profile of Decomposed
Ive tried several free sites. Some pop up on google, some do not. Its a crap shoot but I don't think any compare to GM or other bigger monsters out there. And nothing compares to Google either. You are either on there or not. The more times the better. I ask people how they find me and there has not been one who told me it was not from a search. They end up on GM, Decidio, Party Pop etc just because they click on it then go from there. Like a website, there is something about GM that makes them go further into the abyss. The point of no return, they add 10 more performers to your name lol.

Decomposed (Why? Because I don't want my posts all over google)
The Magic Cafe Forum Index » » Tricky business » » What are your thoughts on GIGmasters.com? (0 Likes)
 Go to page [Previous]  1~2~3..12~13~14
[ Top of Page ]
All content & postings Copyright © 2001-2021 Steve Brooks. All Rights Reserved.
This page was created in 0.27 seconds requiring 5 database queries.
The views and comments expressed on The Magic Café
are not necessarily those of The Magic Café, Steve Brooks, or Steve Brooks Magic.
> Privacy Statement <

ROTFL Billions and billions served! ROTFL