The Magic Caf
Username:
Password:
[ Lost Password ]
  [ Forgot Username ]
The Magic Cafe Forum Index » » Magical Accessories » » Gig Rig review wanted (0 Likes) Printer Friendly Version

takeachance
View Profile
Inner circle
3658 Posts

Profile of takeachance
These wooden cases by T Sparks look both functional and beautiful workmanship. They are on the high dollar side of the market. Does anyone have one of these beautiful cases for a review. cheerz
Magic1
View Profile
Veteran user
Los Angeles
400 Posts

Profile of Magic1
Gigrig.com is now down. I guess we both missed our opportunity to buy one of these beautiful cases. I think it was probably a hard sell: $300-500 for a wooden case (when many magicians, I would imagine, would tend to use that on books and effects) however it was always something that I liked and thought was so well designed. The back panel that opened. Hold outs. Coin and TT holders, and interior dividers.

My one concern, now that I think about it, is the wood. While gorgeous- I can tell you that my leather briefcase has been banged up so badly- simply by going from my house to car to gigs- that I can't imagine what my beautiful wooden case would have been through (I might have cracked it.)

What would be interesting is, if T-sparks or someone with his permission and designs, could create the same case out of a hi-tech metal or plastic.

For those who haven't seen one. The gig-rig was something you could carry, place on a tray stand, had all the "secret stuff," and you could use as a storage case and performance surface simultaneously. I've never seen one live but was a fan from the first time I saw the ads. If anyone knows anything else- or has one for sale- or wants to help forward the idea of getting the designer to fabricate one out of ABS, or something. Please do get in touch or post on here.
M1
David French
View Profile
Veteran user
373 Posts

Profile of David French
Last I saw the price was $1200.00. When the site was still up.
magicnorm
View Profile
Veteran user
381 Posts

Profile of magicnorm
I do own one and have used it with great pleasure at almost all my events. I used to bring a small close-up case to work out of depending on the venue and client, and after buying the gig rig, I found it quite beneficial to bring it instead. That way I always had a table if the oppotunity arose to perform table magic and of course if your strolling then it was a great base to exchange material from. I thought it was expensive but thru the years have had no regrets with purchase.

Norm
The Magic Cafe Forum Index » » Magical Accessories » » Gig Rig review wanted (0 Likes)
[ Top of Page ]
All content & postings Copyright © 2001-2022 Steve Brooks. All Rights Reserved.
This page was created in 0.01 seconds requiring 5 database queries.
The views and comments expressed on The Magic Café
are not necessarily those of The Magic Café, Steve Brooks, or Steve Brooks Magic.
> Privacy Statement <

ROTFL Billions and billions served! ROTFL