The Magic Caf
Username:
Password:
[ Lost Password ]
  [ Forgot Username ]
The Magic Cafe Forum Index » » Latest and Greatest? » » Bill Abbott Deluxe Edition 2 DVD Set (0 Likes) Printer Friendly Version

Bill Abbott
View Profile
Veteran user
351 Posts

Profile of Bill Abbott
Greetings,

I finally have word that Murphys Magic Supplies will be picking up my special two disc Deluxe Edition
DVD Set entitled Bill Abbott Performs Magic For Kids. It features the original Bill Abbott Performs Close-Up For Kids and Bill Abbott Performs Stand-Up Magic For Kids PLUS over 75 minutes of bonus features including lecture footage, rare TV appearances and live performances. It will be priced at $40 USD and available at magic dealers around the world. It will be ready to ship the beginning of February.

Here is a Youtube teaser link, just click on it or copy and paste into your browser to view it.

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=P8htOJewipw

Cheers,

Bill Abbott
Magikrn
View Profile
Veteran user
333 Posts

Profile of Magikrn
Hey look, I saw Daniel Cook in there at the end....... Oh god, why do I know that........Smile. My daughter is in love with that little boy.

Is this a performance only video or does it have teaching as well?
Markymark
View Profile
Inner circle
1691 Posts

Profile of Markymark
It will have teaching as well.Just look up Bill Abbott dvd's on a dealers site and you will see what items are taught.I know there are some extra routines on
these dvd's as well.Performed [very well!] and taught.
''In memory of a once fluid man,crammed and distorted by the classical mess'' -Bruce Lee
jimbowmanjr
View Profile
Veteran user
Inside the Bottle
320 Posts

Profile of jimbowmanjr
Chico the Mind Reader...man that routine had me in tears laughing harder than I have laughed in a long time. Close-up for Kids I am sure plays to the kids incredibly but the majority of the material I saw Bill perform at his lecture had 25'ish adults loving every minute of it. Bill's magic really brings out the kid in all of us in my opinion.

--Jim
Billgussen
View Profile
Elite user
Central Japan
497 Posts

Profile of Billgussen
Great news, Bill!

I had Bill Abbot Performs Stand Up Magic for Kids on my wishlist, and I was bummed that I couldn't afford to buy both that and your close up DVD as well. Now I can get both plus bonuses!! Count me in!!

Bill
Bill Abbott
View Profile
Veteran user
351 Posts

Profile of Bill Abbott
Bill,

I will no longer be manufacturing or supplying the separate DVDs Stand-Up Magic For Kids and Close-Up For Kids after the release of this DVD set. So it is worth waiting for.

Magikrn, almost all of the routines are performed and explained. There are a couple of new routines that are explained as well in the bonus features along with the performances.

Hey Jim where did I meet you (DeSousa's house?)?

Sincerely,

Bill Abbott
Bill Abbott
View Profile
Veteran user
351 Posts

Profile of Bill Abbott
Just back from the final edit.
Here are the contents of the DVD set:

Bill Abbott Performs Magic For Kids
- Deluxe Edition DVD Set -

This Deluxe Edition DVD Set includes the reedited and remastered original material from the landmark DVDs Bill Abbott Performs Close-Up For Kids and Bill Abbott Performs Stand-Up For Kids plus over 75 Minutes of Deluxe Edition Bonus Features! Bonus Features that consist of exclusive lecture footage, live performances and rare television appearances.

Reedited and Remastered Original Material Includes

Close-Up For Kids
Witness uncut and hilarious performances shot live on location in a family restaurant with kids and their parents. Then Bill takes you step-by-step through the construction of each routine, analyzing the props and using a nonverbal cinematic approach to explaining the technique. All of this combined with his professional tips and information regarding audience management, creating original presentations and adapting your magic to fit who you are as a performer. Bill’s performance focus is on original presentations that leave the audience with a truly entertaining experience.
Sponge Balls - A classic that Bill uses as a perfect opener for kids.
The Shadow - An extremely visual card change that happens three times in the participants own hands.
The Autograph - A motivated card-in-wallet routine that leaves a child with a true collector’s item they will treasure forever.
The Ninja Card Trick - Bill’s favourite card effect that features finding a selected card at the point of a miniature ninja sword.
The Mental Photograph - A very strong promotional tool, where a mentally thought of playing card appears on your business card being held by the spectator.
Edwin Alonzo Boyd - A riveting tale about a real-life jail break demonstrated with a photograph of the criminal that becomes permanently altered at the conclusion.
The Great Game - A routine with many applications limited only by your imagination. A freely selected prize is predicted in advance by the performer, and is given to the child to keep at the end.
Flash - Bill’s closing effect that features an original presentation for the ashes on palm. This effect has built a reputation for Bill with lay audiences.
Card on Forehead - A classic effect redesigned for young children with a great finish!

Stand-Up For Kids
Experience the original, magical and very funny stand-up magic for kids that Bill has honed through years of tough experience. Recorded at a resort in front of a live audience witness material that was developed on the trenches of the birthday party circuit and perfected in tours across Canada and the United Kingdom. Beyond the performances are the careful details that make up the construction, setup and delivery of each of these treasured routines.
The Sponge Snack - When touring across Canada Bill performed this silent opener 110 times in 90 days! Develop an instant rapport with audiences with this humorous routine that non-verbally communicates that your show will be fun magical and full of surprises.
The Thing - Practical, one-man levitation's are few and far between. Bill has created a reputation-making miracle that can be performed ANYWHERE. From the smallest living room to the largest theater stage to the most stringent street conditions. The Thing can be float in an performing situation with your audience viewing from any angle.
Chico The Mind Reader - For those who have witnessed a performance of Chico know that revelation of this routine is worth the price of the DVD set. Bill has booked more shows from this one routine than any other in his repertoire. The explanation segment is a virtual course in the creation, development and performance of your own original puppet routine. Included are two bonus routines and additional ideas for both family and adult audiences.

Deluxe Edition Bonus Features Include

The Three Bears - The Equal-Unequal Ropes performed live at a family resort with some original twists and then explained in detail.
Cut & Restored Rope - See how this classic of stand-up magic entertains a nightclub crowd then join Bill at an exclusive lecture at Denny & Lee’s Magic Studio in Baltimore for the detailed explanation.
Cut & Restored On T.V. - WItness the hosts of a preteen talk show be entertained and completely fooled by BIll in broadcast quality.
Nightclub Monkey Business - Experience why Chico is flexible, entertaining and truly for all ages. Chico takes this nightclub audience of adults by storm.
Chico’s Secrets - The real secrets of creating a memorable puppet routine revealed.
Chico On T.V. - Chico brings the star of this popular kids show to tears...of laughter!
Street Thing - Bill demonstrates how practical, effective and powerful The Thing is on the streets of downtown Toronto.
Signed Bill In Orange - The classic effect performed live on T.V.
Flash On T.V. - See the host of Canadian Idol flee the studio in fear and disbelief! Sponge Balls - Witness this audience favourite get squeals of delight from the studio audience.
The Shadow & The Autograph - Great reactions on live T.V. for this solid piece of sleight of hand.
The Ninja Card Trick - The ninja returns looking better and faster than ever.
Mental Photograph - This gets a tremendous reaction for such a simple effect.
The Boyd Mystery - Historical Toronto story performed live on Toronto T.V.
Flash On Studio Magic - See why dead pets still make the best magic assistants!

Running TIme Approximately Over 4 Hrs.
Copyright 2004, 2007 Bill Abbott. All RIghts Reserved.
jimbowmanjr
View Profile
Veteran user
Inside the Bottle
320 Posts

Profile of jimbowmanjr
Quote:
On 2008-01-16 15:46, Bill Abbott wrote:

Hey Jim where did I meet you (DeSousa's house?)?

Sincerely,

Bill Abbott

That was the spot Bill! Was a great time and I was so glad to have been there to see your magic and take in your perspective on things. I still talk about The Boyd Mystery...such an awesome plot and great overall effect =)

--Jim
jimbowmanjr
View Profile
Veteran user
Inside the Bottle
320 Posts

Profile of jimbowmanjr
Gah! No edit button. Looking forward to the release Bill. I didn't have the money to pickup both DVD's at the lecture so this is well more than worth the wait. Flash and The Boyd Mystery are two things I want to do regularly so let us know when it hits the shelves!

--Jim
Bill Abbott
View Profile
Veteran user
351 Posts

Profile of Bill Abbott
Hello,

There has been a major delay at the duplicators but the DVDs should be to Murphys before the end of the week and at your favorite magic dealer the following week. Thank you for the boat load of emails and PMs regarding the DVD set and above all for your patience.

It's coming...

Bill Abbott
Bill Abbott
View Profile
Veteran user
351 Posts

Profile of Bill Abbott
Update!

The DVD sets are at Murphys Magic and are available (or can be ordered) from your favorite magic dealer.

Cheers

Bill Abbott
deadcatbounce
View Profile
Special user
the Wilds of Ireland
863 Posts

Profile of deadcatbounce
Absolutely Brilliant! Certainly the best buy of the year. It's not that often I watch stuff these days and have to rewind to see what I just missed. It's all good solid stuff, and if you're thinking of buying The Thing.. well, Bill shows you how to make your own on here - must be worth the price of the DVD alone! Most of the stuff on here isn't just for kids, but has been slightly modified to appeal to kids as well as adults.
Really can't recommend this enough, to anyone who table hops at family joints, or works with kids.
Chico the Mind Reader is probably the best funny routine on here, but really, it's Bill's routine. But .. there are many good ideas and bits of business you could use for yourself, rather than just lift Bill's routine.

Regards,

DCB
"With every mistake - we must surely be learning..." George Harrison.
Dr. Eamon
View Profile
Inner circle
------------John Dream------------If you can Dream it, you can Do it!
1317 Posts

Profile of Dr. Eamon
These DVD´s are really GREAT!!!

Why did I not buy these any sooner?????

I was never really into kids magic, but man Bill Abbot changed that big-time! And these DVD´s are BIG FUN for adults too!!!

I just finished watching “Bill Abbott performs magic for kids – Deluxe” and I have to say I LOVE IT!!! I watched most of it again and again and I LOVE IT, I LOVE IT, I LOVE IT.

I can´t believe he tipped of these wonderful ideas for that price, especially The Thing and Chico the Mindreading Monkey.

If you can get your hands on these DVD´s buy them as quick as you can, because they are not easy to get anymore...

And I love the simplicity of the other effects, they are all streamlined so well, easy to do and have such a great impact. Pure genius. As I am a believer that presentation is everything I like his ideas because they give me the opportunity to concentrate on presentation.

Even though I will probably never perform for kids professionally, for special occasions like a birthday party for friends and family´s children’s I will perform the Thing, Chico, Sponge Snack, The Three Bears, the Great Game and maybe more.

But more important is that I hope to do some charity performances for children that are ill in hospitals or care centers, thanks to Bill I will leave home with confidence...

Thank you Bill!

(And thank you for “ Powerball 60” too, again a dream come true…)
Presentation is everything!

If you can Dream it, you can Do it!

The eXtreme SVENPAD Supreme eBook
The Magic Cafe Forum Index » » Latest and Greatest? » » Bill Abbott Deluxe Edition 2 DVD Set (0 Likes)
X
[ Top of Page ]
All content & postings Copyright © 2001-2024 Steve Brooks. All Rights Reserved.
This page was created in 0.04 seconds requiring 5 database queries.
The views and comments expressed on The Magic Café
are not necessarily those of The Magic Café, Steve Brooks, or Steve Brooks Magic.
> Privacy Statement <

ROTFL Billions and billions served! ROTFL