We Remember The Magic Café We Remember
Username:
Password:
[ Lost Password ]
  [ Forgot Username ]
The Magic Cafe Forum Index » » Penny for your thoughts » » Man with rare memory can recall every detail of his life (0 Likes) Printer Friendly Version

Dan Watkins
View Profile
Inner circle
PA
3028 Posts

Profile of Dan Watkins
I thought this would be interesting to pass on. Imagine the possibilities with this memory?

It links to an Yahoo News ABC News clip, I am not sure how Yahoo does their links, their main link is below, but I also copied the direct link in case in the future one changes.

http://www.yahoo.com/s/783513

or

http://cosmos.bcst.yahoo.com/up/player/p......src=news
Click to visit:
r1z08
View Profile
Inner circle
1157 Posts

Profile of r1z08
Simply amazing!
IAIN
View Profile
Eternal Order
england
18816 Posts

Profile of IAIN
I dunno if I want to recall every detail of my life y'know...

very interesting though this jolly old brain of ours eh...
I've asked to be banned
docsteve
View Profile
Inner circle
1831 Posts

Profile of docsteve
It's easy: he simply hasn't drunk enough...
[
Steven Conner
View Profile
Inner circle
2584 Posts

Profile of Steven Conner
Quote:
On 2008-01-15 13:58, Dan Watkins wrote:
I thought this would be interesting to pass on. Imagine the possibilities with this memory?

It links to an Yahoo News ABC News clip, I am not sure how Yahoo does their links, their main link is below, but I also copied the direct link in case in the future one changes.

I'm not sure that's even possible. Harry Lorayne could probably offer some insight to this. If you watched the video, he said it was about associations. He also commited on blanks. You never have a blank in life. Still it is impressive, much like Ken Jennings on Jeopardy.
"The New York Papers," Mark Twain once said,"have long known that no large question is ever really settled until I have been consulted; it is the way they feel about it, and they show it by always sending to me when they get uneasy. "
Brandon Queen
View Profile
Special user
Los Angeles, California
527 Posts

Profile of Brandon Queen
That's neat. I'd like to perform RGM on him.
It occured to me at once that love could be a great illusion, that makes fools of brilliant thinkers everyday
Pi314
View Profile
Regular user
Sweden
114 Posts

Profile of Pi314
Thanks for the link!
People with these abilities are a glimpse into what the future might hold in stock for mankind. Unless global warming, bird flu or another inconvenience gets us first.

A guy by the name of Kim Peek also has an extremely incredible memory:
http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=k2T45r5G3kA

Unfortunately it costs him a bit of functionality.

He also inspired a nice movie called "The Rain Man".
Harry Lorayne
View Profile
V.I.P.
New York City
8521 Posts

Profile of Harry Lorayne
My computer won't let me view the above, but I believe it's pertaining to Brad Williams. He and his brother, Eric, were at my home/office just yesterday. Eric is doing a documentary, etc., and they interviewed/photographed me for two hours. Whether or not it will ever be seen is a moot question. HARRY LORAYNE.
[email]harrylorayne@earthlink.net[/email]

http://www.harrylorayne.com
http://www.harryloraynemagic.com
Rosemary
View Profile
Loyal user
245 Posts

Profile of Rosemary
Every detail ? I don't know if that's a good thing !
mindcontroller
View Profile
Regular user
Inside your Head!
172 Posts

Profile of mindcontroller
There is another guy in the UK Daniel Tammet, very much like Kim (Rainman)but without the visible disability. Daniel can also describe what he see's inside his head unlike other Savants before him. Brad Williams seems different again! Excellent, and thanks for showing the link.
Mr. Mindbender
View Profile
Inner circle
1453 Posts

Profile of Mr. Mindbender
So if this guy doesn't have a gift for his wife on their anniversary -- he's REALLY in hot water!
Dan Watkins
View Profile
Inner circle
PA
3028 Posts

Profile of Dan Watkins
Quote:
On 2008-01-16 10:38, Harry Lorayne wrote:
My computer won't let me view the above, but I believe it's pertaining to Brad Williams. He and his brother, Eric, ....

Yes that is who the video was on.
Click to visit:
Dr. Eamon
View Profile
Inner circle
--------eXtrementalism--------......IT'S ALL IN YOUR MIND.....
1284 Posts

Profile of Dr. Eamon
Thanks for the info and the links,
Unbelievable and amazing...
DT3
View Profile
Inner circle
Hill Valley
1918 Posts

Profile of DT3
I don't want all of the memories either.

Scientology teaches one how to eliminate one's painful/embarassing memories. Referred to as "engrams".

A really cool film is "Eternal Sunshine of the Spotless Mind".

In this movie Jim Carrey pays to have his painful relationship memories erased from his mind. He then spends the rest of the movie trying to get them back.

It's enchanting in a very sad but powerful way.

DT3
The Magic Cafe Forum Index » » Penny for your thoughts » » Man with rare memory can recall every detail of his life (0 Likes)
[ Top of Page ]
All content & postings Copyright © 2001-2021 Steve Brooks. All Rights Reserved.
This page was created in 0.1 seconds requiring 5 database queries.
The views and comments expressed on The Magic Café
are not necessarily those of The Magic Café, Steve Brooks, or Steve Brooks Magic.
> Privacy Statement <

ROTFL Billions and billions served! ROTFL