The Magic Café
Username:
Password:
[ Lost Password ]
  [ Forgot Username ]
The Magic Cafe Forum Index » » Believe it or not... » » Copyright Stunts (0 Likes) Printer Friendly Version

Copperfieldian
View Profile
New user
18 Posts

Profile of Copperfieldian
Does anyone know if there is a copyright to David Blaine's stunts to prevent others from performing them?
Todd Robbins
View Profile
V.I.P.
New York
2915 Posts

Profile of Todd Robbins
I don't think David has a copyright on buried alive, frozen alive, pole standing, sitting in a box, sitting in a bowl of water and trying to hold your breath longer than anyone else. Anyone, I would think, could do them if they wanted to. The question is, who would want to do them now that everyone associates them with Blaine? What benefit could come from being looked upon as just a copy of him or even to one up him with the same stunt?

The same goes for the big tricks from Copperfield's specials. He made his mark on things like the Statue of Liberty Vanish, Walking Through the Great Wall of China and Flying.

There are many great bits out there that have yet to be done. And if done right with the right promotion, it could launch a new star.

Todd
The Magic Cafe Forum Index » » Believe it or not... » » Copyright Stunts (0 Likes)
[ Top of Page ]
All content & postings Copyright © 2001-2021 Steve Brooks. All Rights Reserved.
This page was created in 0.14 seconds requiring 5 database queries.
The views and comments expressed on The Magic Café
are not necessarily those of The Magic Café, Steve Brooks, or Steve Brooks Magic.
> Privacy Statement <

ROTFL Billions and billions served! ROTFL