The Magic Caf
Username:
Password:
[ Lost Password ]
  [ Forgot Username ]
The Magic Cafe Forum Index » » Ever so sleightly » » 3 Shell Routine (0 Likes) Printer Friendly Version

jacksonmagic
View Profile
New user
18 Posts

Profile of jacksonmagic
In the last few months my routine has been moving towards a continuous 3 shell game, instead of the classic Vernon presentation. I've incorporated the "2 none 2" and the "3 gather in the middle" sequences into the routine and tried my best to make them seem logical in the context of an increasingly complex 3 shell game. Does anyone know any books or material I could look into that might have additional sequences that may be adaptable to a routine like mine? I would appreciate any input. I'm just trying to craft a routine that doesn't require my usual "i place the ball into the hand" patter and involves more audience participation and guessing by audience members as to the location of the balls.

Rob Jackson
jacksonmagic
View Profile
New user
18 Posts

Profile of jacksonmagic
Just a side note, a big thank you to Industrial Strength Magic for my Phoenix cups I bought. They are my first "real cups" and I love them.
FunTimeAl
View Profile
Special user
987 Posts

Profile of FunTimeAl
You may want to experiment with using mini sponge balls instead of crochet balls.

That way you'd actually be able to pull off a half-way decent steal (like one would with a shell and pea)
walid ahumada
View Profile
Special user
sinaloa, mexico
892 Posts

Profile of walid ahumada
Quote:
On 2008-01-17 05:57, Chad wrote:
You may want to experiment with using mini sponge balls instead of crochet balls.

That way you'd actually be able to pull off a half-way decent steal (like one would with a shell and pea)

to lern cups and sponge balls JOHNNY PAUL routine is very good source.
“Magic becomes art when it has nothing to hide.” BEN OKRI quote
FunTimeAl
View Profile
Special user
987 Posts

Profile of FunTimeAl
You're preachin' to the converted brother ahumada!
walid ahumada
View Profile
Special user
sinaloa, mexico
892 Posts

Profile of walid ahumada
I know man, my advice was for rob jackson.
“Magic becomes art when it has nothing to hide.” BEN OKRI quote
Bill Palmer
View Profile
Eternal Order
Only Jonathan Townsend has more than
24315 Posts

Profile of Bill Palmer
Don't get me wrong here. There basically are no rules. However, if you are presenting the three shell game as a gambling routine, then you should stay away from doing magical things with it. If you are presenting it as a magic trick, that's a whole nother story.

Whit Haydn has some excellent thoughts on this.

Also, remember if it gets too confusing, then it ceases to be magic.
"The Swatter"

Founder of CODBAMMC

My Chickasaw name is "Throws Money at Cups."

www.cupsandballsmuseum.com
The Magic Cafe Forum Index » » Ever so sleightly » » 3 Shell Routine (0 Likes)
[ Top of Page ]
All content & postings Copyright © 2001-2024 Steve Brooks. All Rights Reserved.
This page was created in 0.01 seconds requiring 5 database queries.
The views and comments expressed on The Magic Café
are not necessarily those of The Magic Café, Steve Brooks, or Steve Brooks Magic.
> Privacy Statement <

ROTFL Billions and billions served! ROTFL