The Magic Café
Username:
Password:
[ Lost Password ]
  [ Forgot Username ]
The Magic Cafe Forum Index » » The little darlings » » Favorite Effect? (0 Likes) Printer Friendly Version

twistedace
View Profile
Inner circle
philadelphia
3772 Posts

Profile of twistedace
Hi all! I was just wondering if everyone would care to share their FAVORITE trick that they actually perform in their kid/family show? I'll go first: Chico the mind reading monkey...based on audience interaction, reaction, and how much fun the routine is!
Magic Enhancer
View Profile
Inner circle
Robert Haas
1805 Posts

Profile of Magic Enhancer
The AMAZING MYSTICAL VANISHING BANDANA by Magic Enhancer, for obvious reasons Smile

Robert Haas
Robert Haas
Magic Enhancer
Quality magic products for the working professional.
www.MagicEnhancer.com
Mumblemore
View Profile
Inner circle
1429 Posts

Profile of Mumblemore
Probably Wolf's Blow Yur Stack with Yakkety Sax musical background, although this time of year Frankie the Snowman (P and A silk blendo) also is a blast with lots of audience participation, and for adults close-up, can't bean Tim Wisseman's Remote Die .
The Great Smartini
View Profile
Inner circle
2280 Posts

Profile of The Great Smartini
My favourite effect, subject to change, is Bowlarama by Kevin James because it's something so unexpected and BIG. I also like it because I have a variety of original presentations that I can use it in so it gets used in the majority of my shows.
Ron Reid
View Profile
Inner circle
Phoenix, Arizona
2733 Posts

Profile of Ron Reid
Hello:

Mine is the Shadow Rabbit routine by Duane Laflin.

Ron
Ken Dumm
View Profile
Inner circle
1241 Posts

Profile of Ken Dumm
Mine would have to be the ABC Recombobulator from Wolf. I currently "find" the gum wads throughout the show, with the kids "helping" me see them stuck to props. At the end of the show, we turn the gum wads into gum. The look on the kid's face when the gum comes cascading out of the tube is incredible. I have the best seat in the house watching the kids expressions. And of course, handing the gum out, I get to meet each of the kids.

Love that prop...

Ken
twistedace
View Profile
Inner circle
philadelphia
3772 Posts

Profile of twistedace
I really like that idea Ken! I don't own the prop but it sounds like a great running gag.
Ken Dumm
View Profile
Inner circle
1241 Posts

Profile of Ken Dumm
It's a thread that runs throughout the show, kind of like a callback in comedy. Each time we find a new gumwad, it's gets funnier. I put double sided tape on the back of each gumwad, so they stick to everything, much like real gum would. I keep adding the gumwads to the pallet till it's filled up at the end.

I have to give credit to my son for the idea. He watches most shows, and he said why not find the gumwads throughout the show. I tried it, and haven't looked back.

Ken
alexa
View Profile
Veteran user
NJ
393 Posts

Profile of alexa
Probably the Botania. My routine is funny, interactive, visual, VERSATILE, etc. Then there are the tricks I invented...which I am very partial towards.

Alexa
KC Cameron
View Profile
Inner circle
Raleigh, North Carolina
1944 Posts

Profile of KC Cameron
Axtell board. Love it.
Jake Heller
View Profile
New user
18 Posts

Profile of Jake Heller
A square circle to candy in confetti...yeah I know that its not top quality magic, but hey I am still a begginer.
Jake Heller
View Profile
New user
18 Posts

Profile of Jake Heller
That's embarrassing...I can't even spell beginner right the first time.
KC Cameron
View Profile
Inner circle
Raleigh, North Carolina
1944 Posts

Profile of KC Cameron
Jake, you can edit your post up to 1/2 hour later if no one has posted after you . . ..
Mumblemore
View Profile
Inner circle
1429 Posts

Profile of Mumblemore
Ken, that's a great gag for the ABC. As I PMed (but guess I can repeat here), how did you find real gum balls that stay inside the Recombobulator until you want them to come out? It's a tricky business . . . You don't have a web site with a gumball supplier, do you? Thanks and again congrats again on the running gag. Do you mind sharing that one?

Todd
Ken Dumm
View Profile
Inner circle
1241 Posts

Profile of Ken Dumm
Hi Todd,

I PM'ed you back. For everyone, I actually modified the load tube a bit, to allow for real one inch gumballs to stay within the tube. I've found the sound of dozens of gumballs cascading into the machine is worth the extra work. I also added a piece of clear plexiglass to fit inside the chamber so the gum won't tumble out the front of the machine.

I've been able to find the gumballs in bulk at my local Meijer store, but if you google gumballs, I believe there are sites that sell in bulk.

Anytime you can add a running gag or thread throughout the show, it helps the overall show feel complete. I'm working on my other shows that don't have the ABC in it, for similar threads. If you like the idea, feel free to use it.....Thanks for asking.

Ken
wdwfan71
View Profile
New user
100 Posts

Profile of wdwfan71
Cellulator... lots of fun.
Jake Heller
View Profile
New user
18 Posts

Profile of Jake Heller
Thanks for the tip Captain Kid...as you can tell I am new at this!
The Magic Cafe Forum Index » » The little darlings » » Favorite Effect? (0 Likes)
[ Top of Page ]
All content & postings Copyright © 2001-2024 Steve Brooks. All Rights Reserved.
This page was created in 0.02 seconds requiring 5 database queries.
The views and comments expressed on The Magic Café
are not necessarily those of The Magic Café, Steve Brooks, or Steve Brooks Magic.
> Privacy Statement <

ROTFL Billions and billions served! ROTFL