The Magic Café
Username:
Password:
[ Lost Password ]
  [ Forgot Username ]
The Magic Cafe Forum Index » » Penny for your thoughts » » Ink Blot Cards (0 Likes) Printer Friendly Version

Go to page [Previous]  1~2
Bill Cushman
View Profile
Inner circle
Florida
2876 Posts

Profile of Bill Cushman
Pho, the same things were being said when I was in grad school 20 (aiee!) years ago. For better or worse, like it or not, these tests are still being utilized all the time. I am not a big fan but I do know that I have a professional obligation to not contribute to them being used out of context and effecting the work of my peers who do rely on them. That' all. Not looking for a p***ing contest.
vai
View Profile
Regular user
135 Posts

Profile of vai
Wow, it seems I sparked an ethical debate about these cards. I think both points of view on this matter have validity and to be honest, I very much doubt that using the original images would have any serious consequence to the work of psychologists and/or therapists.

However the small possibility which does exist is enough for me to search for an alternative. Which I believe I have found in the shape of an unnecessarily nauseating "psychic training" pack. Anyone wishing to check it out should look for "The intuition book and card pack" by Craig Hamilton-Parker (probably on Amazon). I imagine the book could make for some quite entertaining reading but the cards included are indeed a set of ink blots.

All the best

David
Check out my releases at http://stores.lulu.com/mentalism
Mindtrap
View Profile
Veteran user
316 Posts

Profile of Mindtrap
Although redundant for you, as you have now found exactly what you were looking for, I remembered a board game with packs of 100's of rorshach-like inkblots cards in. Forget the name though, but it was either called Therapy or had that word in the title. Type of thing you come across in thrift stores for 2 bucks. Anyway, sounds like an interesting routine you're developing.
Jay Are
View Profile
Inner circle
4186 Posts

Profile of Jay Are
Ebay!
xxx
SM41
View Profile
Special user
831 Posts

Profile of SM41
Someone can explain me what is and Ink blot?
Mindtrap
View Profile
Veteran user
316 Posts

Profile of Mindtrap
Have a google or wikipedia for Rorschach. Essentially: it's a colored ink mess on a card, that provides the means to look at a client's projections. They are shown it and asked to describe what it appears as. As it is just an ink mess, they are providing all the meaning, which is analysed.
BTW found out the game based on this with the inkblot cards was called : 'Therapy?'.
The Magic Cafe Forum Index » » Penny for your thoughts » » Ink Blot Cards (0 Likes)
 Go to page [Previous]  1~2
[ Top of Page ]
All content & postings Copyright © 2001-2024 Steve Brooks. All Rights Reserved.
This page was created in 0.01 seconds requiring 5 database queries.
The views and comments expressed on The Magic Café
are not necessarily those of The Magic Café, Steve Brooks, or Steve Brooks Magic.
> Privacy Statement <

ROTFL Billions and billions served! ROTFL