The Magic Café
Username:
Password:
[ Lost Password ]
  [ Forgot Username ]
The Magic Cafe Forum Index » » The little darlings » » Your opinion on my childrens show website would be great.... (0 Likes) Printer Friendly Version

ninjaduffy
View Profile
Veteran user
UK
332 Posts

Profile of ninjaduffy
Hi everyone,

I have just had a website build and would really be greatfull of your thoughts... I have had real trouble getting pics but am working on it as we speak. There are still a few errors with spelling and grammer but its mostly there.

I am hoping it brings in some more business and any advice would be fantastic. I really do value what I read in this forum and cant think of anyone else to ask.

Thanks again.

Magic Kev
UK.

http://www.magic-kev.co.uk/

http://www.shropshirechildrenentertainer.co.uk/
Jake Heller
View Profile
New user
18 Posts

Profile of Jake Heller
Hey I really like it...good info on the home page. Pulls you in right away. You might want to make it so that you can scroll farther to the left so that everything is centered. And like you said there are some spelling errors...but all in all it is a good site.
ninjaduffy
View Profile
Veteran user
UK
332 Posts

Profile of ninjaduffy
Thanks Jake,

really nice to hear positives.. I will look into this centering thing.

thanks a lot.

Kev
KC Cameron
View Profile
Inner circle
Raleigh, North Carolina
1944 Posts

Profile of KC Cameron
Looks nice! You won't get older kids parties, but I assume that you are not marketing to them. It looks fun, yet soft and safe - something many mothers of tots like. I would have some reviews up as soon as you can. I also recommend having your phone number on every page (besides the "contact" link).
Gordyboy
View Profile
Loyal user
British Columbia, Canada
216 Posts

Profile of Gordyboy
This is the first time I've seen anything like "CRB Police Checked", but living in Canada I've rarely visited sites with the .uk suffix. Is this a very common thing there? I don't think there's an equivalent sort of thing in Canada or in the US.

Anyone else heard of something like this in North America?
The Great Gordini

http://www.MagicCanada.ca
Donald Dunphy
View Profile
Inner circle
Victoria, BC, Canada
7565 Posts

Profile of Donald Dunphy
Yes, Gordy, you can (and should) get a criminal record check done on yourself in Canada, if you are working with / performing for children. Not the same initials, but the same idea.

It's necessary with certain paid and volunteer jobs involving working with children, and helpful to have as a performer.

Magic Kev - On your home page, you begin one sentence with "Not only will..." But then you never finish that thought. One way to make that sentence complete as it is, take out those three words, and start it with "Magic Kev will make items..."

- Donald
Donald Dunphy is a Victoria Magician, British Columbia, Canada.
disneywld
View Profile
Special user
Denver, CO
614 Posts

Profile of disneywld
Ah, we don't have it in the US,(CRB Checks)but I like the idea. I work in schools and had to get cleared several years ago.

Back to the subject at hand:

Not only will Magic Kev make items disappear and reappear in unopened and factory sealed tins of baked beans, make lights appear from behind children's ears and make the water from cups vanish (much to the delight of the brave child standing beneath the aformentioned cup).

To me that statement would require you to do this at all ahows. I'd change it up a bit to indicate that you CAN do these things.

I like the up front pricing. Magicians don't seem to do that very often. It is usually call for pricing and the negotiation starts. I think that folks can see your price and decide if it meets their budget.

The pages seem a bit too white. Maybe a different background.

Good stuff!
The Magic of Christopher Manos
www.christophermanos.com
The Magic Cafe Forum Index » » The little darlings » » Your opinion on my childrens show website would be great.... (0 Likes)
[ Top of Page ]
All content & postings Copyright © 2001-2024 Steve Brooks. All Rights Reserved.
This page was created in 0.02 seconds requiring 5 database queries.
The views and comments expressed on The Magic Café
are not necessarily those of The Magic Café, Steve Brooks, or Steve Brooks Magic.
> Privacy Statement <

ROTFL Billions and billions served! ROTFL