The Magic Café
Username:
Password:
[ Lost Password ]
  [ Forgot Username ]
The Magic Cafe Forum Index » » You Oughta Be In Pictures » » 3 FRY (fly) thanks Mano (0 Likes) Printer Friendly Version

Go to page 1~2 [Next]
feher
View Profile
Inner circle
Michigan
1421 Posts

Profile of feher
I have had the pleasure the past week or two to talk with our vey own Mano about coin magic.
First let me say here's a guy that is one of the nicest people I have talked to and was'nt shy to show me some of his thinking and personal slieghts he has come up with with coin magic. From the stuff he has showed me it is worth its weight in gold. I remember when I said that nothing new can be develope with coin sliehgts well I'm wrong....see I can admit when I'm wrong....lol

I have never liked the 3 fly routine. Until now. Mano has showed me his handling of it and let me say I loved it. Its a non gaff version with is right up my alley.
Mano has brought me to the dark side...lol
I hope I did it some justice.
The main move I used is from Mano but I also used some stuff from Troy Hoosier.
I'm still a coins across in the hands kind of guy but I will try this routine when I do a stand up(parlor) show again.
Thanks again Mano !!!!!!! I owe you one...
Tim
http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=Sp29BBG6EM4
Mean people SUCK!!!!!!!
vinsmagic
View Profile
Eternal Order
sleeping with the fishes...
10960 Posts

Profile of vinsmagic
Tim you have discoverd what io have been saying all along
Mano one day will be a household name in coin magic. His techniques are so fresh and new and very difficult. However for the serious coin worker they should welcome this ...
the godfather
Come check out my magic.

http://www.vinnymarini.com
feher
View Profile
Inner circle
Michigan
1421 Posts

Profile of feher
Quote:
On 2008-01-19 13:25, vinsmagic wrote:
Tim you have discoverd what io have been saying all along
Mano one day will be a household name in coin magic. His techniques are so fresh and new and very difficult. However for the serious coin worker they should welcome this ...
the godfather

Vinny I could'nt agree more !!!!!!!!!!!!!! that's what I told him the other day.
What did you think of the routine Vinny ??????
Tim
Mean people SUCK!!!!!!!
Fingers
View Profile
Inner circle
Pennsylvania, USA
1330 Posts

Profile of Fingers
You learn very well Tim. It looked great to me.....
Where I go, so do my coins.....
Zhang
View Profile
Special user
515 Posts

Profile of Zhang
Beautiful.

I can tell you that I also do Mano's Stuff,and You definitely fried me there lol,you have a sound routine there Feher,super clean I liked the patter as well.

WZ.
feher
View Profile
Inner circle
Michigan
1421 Posts

Profile of feher
Finger & WU
Thanks I'm glad you liked it......
I have a great teacher !!!!!!!!
Tim
Mean people SUCK!!!!!!!
Simon Bakker
View Profile
Special user
the Netherlands
587 Posts

Profile of Simon Bakker
Hi Feher,

I liked this very much. I think it's a very good thing that you show your presentational skills, which are very good in nmy opinion. Nowadays, al lot of the video's are just hands and props (I have one video online, and guess what it's only my hands and the coins).

I loved the joke where you nodded to the coins to go over to the other hand, really I laughed out loud! That kind of jokes can make a routine more fun for a spectator I think.

Technique wise: I really liked the spitting of the coin back into the fan! Great, it looks very magical in your hands. I hope to see Mano do this one day as well.
Your techniques are very good, and the whole thing sure looks magical.

Kudos to mano as well for inventing this routine! Great work!

Some points to consider: I personally don't like the pushing in to the sleeve bit for the third coin. In my opinion it looks a bit like a discrepency with the rest of the routine. Try to spit it as well (with a retention pass to the mouth) or perform the geofrey latta vanish.

I think at that point (after the last coin) you should have vanished te coins and end the routine. Keep them wanting more is a personal motto of mine. Also I think the whole thing gets a bit clearer then.

The production of the coins was nice. What you can try sometimes is producing all the coins from the sleeve (a la troy hooser). Laymen absolutly love that, try it.

Overall I really liked your performance and your techniques as well. You come over very passionate about magic and that is a good thing to see. That projects on laymen as well, and they will like you for that. Al least that is my experience.

Keeo up the good work!

Simon
rutabaga
View Profile
Inner circle
Toronto, Canada
1283 Posts

Profile of rutabaga
Looks good Tim... I can see some of that Mano influence! I got to get me some of that!
Mb217
View Profile
Inner circle
9531 Posts

Profile of Mb217
It's great to be influenced by Mano, I was...Smile He's a wonderful magician and a very nice guy, very helpful.

Tim, good job my friend. "That's a keeper!" Smile

-Mb
*Check out my latest: Gifts From The Old Country: A Mini-Magic Book, MBs Mini-Lecture on Coin Magic, The MB Tanspo PLUS, MB's Morgan, Copper Silver INC, Double Trouble, FlySki, Crimp Change - REDUX!, and other fine magic at gumroad.com/mb217magic Smile

"Believe in YOU, and you will see the greatest magic that ever was." -Mb Smile
Gary Yin
View Profile
Elite user
Sabah, Malaysia
449 Posts

Profile of Gary Yin
Dang, that mouth eating coin makes more sense,easy to follow,less burden on the eyes than Mano's flinging back the 2nd coin left to right, right to left, an improvement I say.

You Have To Practive Improvisation... - Art Tatum
yrag89@hotmail.com (msn msgr)

Gary Justin Yin.
vinsmagic
View Profile
Eternal Order
10960 Posts

Profile of vinsmagic
Tim loved your routine... you have come along way in coin magic
vinny
Come check out my magic.

rannie
View Profile
Inner circle
4375 Posts

Profile of rannie
I loved it! I do see Manoisms indeed. I appreciate how you made it your own! Your own in the sense that, unlike most magicians, you did not copy every single bit. You applied the PD move and injected a lot of "Tim" in it. Way to go Tim! I do miss mi hermano though!

Rannie

Vinny.... looks like we got a new member of The Famiglia eh!
"If you can't teach an old dog new tricks, trick the old dog to learn."

-Rannie Raymundo-
aka The Boss
aka The Manila Enforcer

www.rannieraymundo.com
www.tapm.proboards80.net
joseph
View Profile
Eternal Order
Please ignore my
17411 Posts

Profile of joseph
I also liked the "mouth" thing...Excellent...
"Everything should be made as simple as possible, but no simpler." (Einstein)...
Gary Yin
View Profile
Elite user
Sabah, Malaysia
449 Posts

Profile of Gary Yin
Yes the mouth thing is excellent and well executed. It's not that fast, not that slow kind of thing. I see Tim, not Mano in it.
yrag89@hotmail.com (msn msgr)

Gary Justin Yin.
feher
View Profile
Inner circle
Michigan
1421 Posts

Profile of feher
Thank you everyone for the comments and taking the time to view this vid.

I never really liked the 3 fly before because I always thought it was a cat and mouse game look here no look here ect...Also I did'nt care for using all the fingers per say, a lot of handling on most 3 fly's is from FP to the tips things like that.
What I really liked about Mano's handling is that he eliminated that.
The next thing I had to work on was the cat and mouse chase......So I decided to use the spatting thing I did'nt know how it would go over with you guys but I liked it.....lol Doing this in my mine did two things....1. It made the routine more magical. 2. it stoped the cat and mouse game. The spectators know ecactly whats going to happen.
For my patter well what can I say its the weakest thing I have going....rrrrr
When I showed my boy I noticed on the thrid prodution It was said as a after thought." and I got one here on my elbow" I said that like it was'nt part of the routine, I was gonna reshoot and fix that but my boy just started laughing and he loved it...so I kept it.
I mess up on the name of the coins I'm using so the ending will make a little more sensesense when I vanish them.
Anyways I'm starting to babble sorry.
Thanks a lot everyone for the encourgement.
Tim
Mean people SUCK!!!!!!!
MickeyPainless
View Profile
Inner circle
California
6065 Posts

Profile of MickeyPainless
Tim,
I got in last night from spending the day with the likes of Dean Dill, Shoot Ogawa, Daryl, David Regal, R Paul Wilson and others so my fill of magic should have been satisfied for the moment........... Then I saw your new little gem! Brother, you never cease to amaze and inspire me! I have my little folder of Feher stuff on my computer that I watch and learn from but I look forward to the day I see it live and get to add your DVD to my collection!
Keep on keepin on my friend!
Mick
Salby
View Profile
Inner circle
New Jersey
1256 Posts

Profile of Salby
Is there anyplace on the internet that one can purchase any of Mano's coin techniques/routines... Especially his "3 FLY" version???
You know how to make God laugh?........... Tell him your plans!!!
feher
View Profile
Inner circle
Michigan
1421 Posts

Profile of feher
Mickey
Thanks a lot for the words of encouregment buddy. Maybe one day my friend......
So just keep saving my stuff because that might be all you get.....lol

Salby
At the current moment he does not have any of his work out. But I think he might be working on something.
Tim
Mean people SUCK!!!!!!!
vinsmagic
View Profile
Eternal Order
10960 Posts

Profile of vinsmagic
Salby not at the moment but mano will be releasing his dvd very shortly
vinny
Come check out my magic.

MickeyPainless
View Profile
Inner circle
California
6065 Posts

Profile of MickeyPainless
Godfather,
I'm still waiting patiently for YOUR Crimp DVD!
Mick
The Magic Cafe Forum Index » » You Oughta Be In Pictures » » 3 FRY (fly) thanks Mano (0 Likes)
 Go to page 1~2 [Next]
[ Top of Page ]
All content & postings Copyright © 2001-2024 Steve Brooks. All Rights Reserved.
This page was created in 0.04 seconds requiring 5 database queries.
The views and comments expressed on The Magic Café
are not necessarily those of The Magic Café, Steve Brooks, or Steve Brooks Magic.
> Privacy Statement <

ROTFL Billions and billions served! ROTFL