The Magic Café
Username:
Password:
[ Lost Password ]
  [ Forgot Username ]
The Magic Cafe Forum Index » » Penny for your thoughts » » The Sumerian Mosaic List of Contents » » TOPIC IS LOCKED (0 Likes) Printer Friendly Version

Go to page [Previous]  1~2~3..6..9..12..14~15~16~17~18 [Next]
Dr Spektor
View Profile
Eternal Order
Carcanis
10781 Posts

Profile of Dr Spektor
Well, it appears I am going all vigilante....
"They are lean and athirst!!!!"
Tony Iacoviello
View Profile
Eternal Order
13151 Posts

Profile of Tony Iacoviello
Lead on McBat
Mark Rough
View Profile
Inner circle
Ivy, Virginia
2110 Posts

Profile of Mark Rough
Quote:
On 2008-01-26 18:37, Dr Spektor wrote:

Although, I think I'll likely just stay over in Spooky - bizarrists seem for the most part way more collegial than what haunts this forum.

Ahem, I believe I mentioned that the other day. . . heh heh heh. It's paradise, but don't go spreading it around, now.

Mark
What would Wavy do?
Dr Spektor
View Profile
Eternal Order
Carcanis
10781 Posts

Profile of Dr Spektor
Don't worry - I'm sure this thread will soon vanish like others around here Smile
Cornelius Golde
View Profile
New user
34 Posts

Profile of Cornelius Golde
I thought you were Cornelius Golde?
[/quote]

I was alerted to this post -
I see Subgenial as a fool. I have the greatest respect for Jerome. I have bought T.C. and I am very impressed. Like most people here, I look forward to amything that JF puts out.
Dr.Spec - you seem to be in vigilantee mood at the moment. You appear to have run Alexandre out of town - very sad - I miss his posts greatly.
This forum used to be fun....
Now you seem to be setting your sights on me.
This concerns me but little, but I am confused.

......are the hounds of Tindalos barking?
Dr Spektor
View Profile
Eternal Order
Carcanis
10781 Posts

Profile of Dr Spektor
I didn't run Alex out of town - I brought up some issues I let him have a chance to explain. As far as I can tell, he is still here, posting comments on things - such as praising Teardrop ( which I agree with him). As far as I know, Alex is going forward with things all worked out around here...

If my sights are on anyone... its because they happen to be doing some stuff right in front of me. I usually don't bother with such stuff - but sometimes things are too outrageous to be left ignored.

You might see Subgenial as a fool - but are you saying that the person behind all these masks are not you?

Call it - heads or tails?

Oh, don't worry about the Hounds - all we are seeking is some enlightenment on whos who around here...

So, don't worry if you aren't masquerading as 4+ avatars around here....
Cornelius Golde
View Profile
New user
34 Posts

Profile of Cornelius Golde
Call it - heads or tails?

Is this a reference to Anton Chigurh?

It is, of course tails - it always is tails!
Tony Iacoviello
View Profile
Eternal Order
13151 Posts

Dr Spektor
View Profile
Eternal Order
Carcanis
10781 Posts

Profile of Dr Spektor
Tails it is.

-----------

As mentioned in my PM - I'm now done with this topic. Have fun! May the Eye of Agamotto guide your path.
Tony Iacoviello
View Profile
Eternal Order
13151 Posts

Um, guys... It is spelled "tales."

Just trying to be helpful. Smile

Tony
Doug Higley
View Profile
1942 - 2022
7152 Posts

Profile of Doug Higley
Toeknee is not spelled Tony. Sorry but come on...

Doc...to heck with TV. Meh.
Higley's Giant Flea Pocket Zibit
mindpunisher
View Profile
Inner circle
6132 Posts

Profile of mindpunisher
Abraxus said

"if people genuinely believe that they can physically stop a stream, then it's just the same kind of mentalistic lie than a cardician claiming to genuinely pass a card through a pane of glass...."

Not really the effect of pushing a card through a pain of glass can be replicated by many magicians for many lay people.

I will apologise profusely to Jerome if that is the case with the stream. Or if anyone can stop a stream for me and a group of my friends.

The thing IS my prediction will be when I ask someone who will own the book to show me " Er its not really for me but its brilliant thinking".

Again I will most likely have the opportunity to ask someone who will have the book. If I am wrong I will post it here.

Having said that I would agree if someone claimed to give you an effect that claimed to push a card through a window - but it wasn't possible to replicate in the conditions it claimed would be also hype worthy of being challenged.
Tony Iacoviello
View Profile
Eternal Order
13151 Posts

Fine. I can stop a stream and will do it for your friends and yourself.
No, I don't know Jerome's method of creating the illusion or perception of this event, but that is not what you are asking for. You want a stream stopped in reality.

My buddies (nicknamed the beaver brothers) used to do this all the time, not very difficult.

Tony Eye
Dam Making Guy
chichi711
View Profile
Inner circle
5810 Posts

Profile of chichi711
Quote:
On 2008-01-26 17:57, Subgenial wrote:
I opened my heart.
My eyes are still wet with tears......
There is a tightness in my brain that just won't go.

goodbye my friends.......

you'll be back. Maybe not with the same name, but you'll be back. WE look forward to it. I understand you opened your soul, but really I would like to read the story. Can you pm me or post the link here please? Surely such a wild and strange event would be on the internet already.
IAIN
View Profile
Eternal Order
england
18807 Posts

Profile of IAIN
Quote:
On 2008-01-26 20:28, mindpunisher wrote:
I will apologise profusely to Jerome if that is the case with the stream. Or if anyone can stop a stream for me and a group of my friends.

I'm willing to bet good money it wouldn't work on you mindpunisher...
I've asked to be banned
kriskraze
View Profile
Special user
620 Posts

Profile of kriskraze
So is the book designed for performing to suggestible idiots only?
IAIN
View Profile
Eternal Order
england
18807 Posts

Profile of IAIN
Dunno...i wouldnt class people that are suggestible as "idiots" though...

personally, I've used suggestion in moderation - but it does work, people swear that they feel certain things, hot, cold, tingling, me touching them when I've done nothing but cast a shadow over their arm - with witnesses for verification and no IT either...

I would not swing my cape backwards and laugh in mocking tones "ha ha ha ha idiots.." I'm too fond of my cape...
I've asked to be banned
Mariagi
View Profile
Special user
MIND, MYTH & MAGICK
654 Posts

Profile of Mariagi
Subgenial is so full of ****e that surprise me jerome can believe such a BS

arnon may be boring to some of you but he appear wiser than many of you:

that is if many of you are not the same person under many pseudo so you can team up and say how great you are while you are mostly losers : secret losers

and your ignorance show its true colors when some of you compare being suggestible with idiocy. I have news for you. You may not be suggestible but for sure YOU ARE the IDIOT !!
Esjay Dee
View Profile
Loyal user
Halls of residence
267 Posts

Profile of Esjay Dee
Well put Mariagi, very eloquent. Now calm down and take your meds.
Mariagi
View Profile
Special user
MIND, MYTH & MAGICK
654 Posts

Profile of Mariagi
Quote:
On 2008-01-27 08:56, Esjay Dee wrote:
Well put Mariagi, very eloquent. Now calm down and take your meds.

I take my meds but apparently I take the SAME meds as you because they don't work for me either
The Magic Cafe Forum Index » » Penny for your thoughts » » The Sumerian Mosaic List of Contents » » TOPIC IS LOCKED (0 Likes)
 Go to page [Previous]  1~2~3..6..9..12..14~15~16~17~18 [Next]
[ Top of Page ]
All content & postings Copyright © 2001-2024 Steve Brooks. All Rights Reserved.
This page was created in 0.02 seconds requiring 5 database queries.
The views and comments expressed on The Magic Café
are not necessarily those of The Magic Café, Steve Brooks, or Steve Brooks Magic.
> Privacy Statement <

ROTFL Billions and billions served! ROTFL