The Magic Café
Username:
Password:
[ Lost Password ]
  [ Forgot Username ]
The Magic Cafe Forum Index » » Tricks & Effects » » Hobson Egg Bag (0 Likes) Printer Friendly Version

Go to page [Previous]  1~2~3~4~5..9~10~11 [Next]
Review King
View Profile
Eternal Order
14446 Posts

Profile of Review King
"Of all words of tongue and pen,
the saddest are, "It might have been"

..........John Greenleaf Whittier
inhumaninferno
View Profile
Elite user
450 Posts

Profile of inhumaninferno
That is a big discount. Is it on the level? Is it what Hobson is putting out and not an unauthorized copy?

Thanks,

John J.
WayneNZ
View Profile
Special user
New Zealand
960 Posts

Profile of WayneNZ
Anybody have info on getting the 2nd bag
using the code that comes with the first bag?
RevJohn
View Profile
Inner circle
Oregon City Oregon, Oregon
2472 Posts

Profile of RevJohn
I just e-mailed Jeff and asked him how to use it, and he sent me a link. I just included the password or secret Code that comes with it in the e-mail to him. There might be another way, but this is what worked for me.

John
Review King
View Profile
Eternal Order
14446 Posts

Profile of Review King
Quote:
On 2008-02-09 11:23, inhumaninferno wrote:
That is a big discount. Is it on the level? Is it what Hobson is putting out and not an unauthorized copy?

Thanks,

John J.

It's the Hobson package. They just take care of their customers instead of that "can't be discounted" non-sense you see "some" dealers use.

awolf10421
View Profile
New user
10 Posts

Profile of awolf10421
Quote:
On 2008-02-09 11:31, WayneNZ wrote:
Anybody have info on getting the 2nd bag
using the code that comes with the first bag?

I think that code is for add. instruction that can be down loaded, not on getting a second bag ..... :o)
inhumaninferno
View Profile
Elite user
450 Posts

Profile of inhumaninferno
Thanks Christopher, I just wasn't familiar with that company. Appreciate the info.

John J.
jeffhobson
View Profile
V.I.P.
238 Posts

Profile of jeffhobson
Hi guys. . . thank you for all of the great comment on the Hobson Egg Bag. To clear things up, if you purchase my Hobson Egg Bag package, you get a coupon code which allows for one additional Hobson Egg Bag purchase at a reduced price. This is only for previous owners who bought the package. There is also a code for owners to be able to access a special web site for additional instruction on the Egg Bag in addition to the mini-DVD that comes within the package. So, RevJohn and awolf, you're both right!

I have had some ask if I would sell the bag separately. I wouldn't be a good idea since you can't do my routine without the Hobson bag. You also can't do traditional Charlie Miller/Ken Brooke moves with my bag. To separate the DVD instruction from the bag would not be good. You need one with the other. Trust me, $149.00 bucks is cheap for a solid, professional, audience-tested routine. Think of how much money all of you guys have spent on magic stuff that you don't use?????? I'll bet it's much more than $149.00!
The Hilarious Host of Las Vegas!
VISIT my magic shop: www.HobsonsChoiceMagic.com
randirain
View Profile
Inner circle
Fort Worth, TX
1612 Posts

Profile of randirain
I did a cooperate party last night and did the Hobson bag, and it killed.
The lady demanded to know how it was done. Of course I didn't tell her.

I have bought a few expensive tricks lately.
Hobsone egg bag, RNTII cups and balls, Kranso Mental Frisbee, and few less expensive things.
Out of all of them, the Hobson egg bag has been the best and most worth the price.
Hands Down!!

Randi
Danny Hustle
View Profile
Inner circle
Boston, MA USA
2393 Posts

Profile of Danny Hustle
Randi,

I knew you'd love it! The handling is just so straight forward and incredibly fair looking to the spectator. I've performed it about 25 time now for paying audiences and my jokes, and bits, are all really coming together, but really the best part of the trick is the reaction of that spectator when they pull the egg out of the bag. I had the woman that helped come up to me after a show last weekend and swear she felt the egg magically appear in the bag. Mr. Hobson's handling, and more important his pro tips on the website about spectator management, staging, etc. was worth a heck of a lot more than the price I paid. The trick also kills in kid shows, and using the spectator management tips you can hand this bag to a seven year old and they will follow and not blow the trick. Best investment in my show that I have made in a long time. The best part is it fits in your pocket and can play for 2 people or 500 people no problem. Thank you Mr. Hobson!

Best,

Dan-

"MT is one of the reasons we started this board! I’m so sick of posts being deleted without any reason given, and by unknown people at that." - Steve Brooks Sep 7, 2001 8:38pm
©1999-2014 Daniel Denney all rights reserved.
Review King
View Profile
Eternal Order
14446 Posts

Profile of Review King
Thank you Jeff Hobson for releasing your pet miracle. Thanks to Danny Hustle for being so generous as to share his views on a "worker" item. Danny gets nothing for helping everyone, but..that's what makes him Danny: he loves to help.

You guys rock!!!

RicHeka
View Profile
Inner circle
3999 Posts

Profile of RicHeka
Yes,I also say Thank-you Jeff Hobson,and als Danny Hustle for his review++.

Thanks also to you Christopher for the Penguin link.I just ordered and not only got the great price...but two nice bonuses to boot.

I just hope I will be able to smoothly transcend to this bag after using a Sterling egg bag for 25 years.

Rich
Review King
View Profile
Eternal Order
14446 Posts

Profile of Review King
Rich, my pleasure. And please let us know how it plays for you.

Ireland
View Profile
Loyal user
Regina, Sask. Canada
217 Posts

Profile of Ireland
So this bag has a colored interior..... gee, that's not like any bag I've ever seen.... even a paper bag is the same inside and out. I'm not disputing the reactions people are getting but I receive good reactions from the standard black bag..... I like playing up the 'ordinary stuff 'I use. It's really the comedy lines and gags along the way...where the egg has gone is almost secondary. With the black bag I can somtimes get away with spectators thinking the egg is somewhere outside the bag itself.....sometimes two or three times. I think the 'overthinking' comes into play when it's thought spectators notice no stitching on the inside if it's thought the bag really wasn't turned inside out.If I buy an 'improved' version of something now, it not only has to be an improvement but a significant improvement to the entertainment value.
davidpaul$
View Profile
Inner circle
Pittsburgh, Pa
2926 Posts

Profile of davidpaul$
Just received the "Hobson Egg Bag". Let me say that the tips and advice on the
password protected website are worth the price of this item. ( Philosophy, staging and blocking, how to pick an assistant as well as other great tips that can be applied to all performances)

I wasn't really a fan of any egg bag routine. It didn't make sense to me. Because of the above posts I went ahead and made the investment. I'm glad I did and will probably buy a second.

Ireland, Jeff Hobson goes into detail on different style egg bags as well as the use of the all black bag. I think you would be switching to Hobson's bag if you saw his tutorial.
btw
His performance on stage of the Egg Bag on his website is fantastic!
If you can't help worrying, remember worrying can't help you!
Ireland
View Profile
Loyal user
Regina, Sask. Canada
217 Posts

Profile of Ireland
Stop it!.... You're tempting me...and I'm easily tempted! Maybe I'll have another look at this bag. Don Stevenson (Ireland)
RicHeka
View Profile
Inner circle
3999 Posts

Profile of RicHeka
Please excuse me,because I know some of my comments have already been covered by others...however,I must speak MY mind.

We all have listened to certain a new song for the first time..and thought..hey,there is something about that song that seperates it from all the rest..it is just in a class of it's own.

That is the feeling I get with the Jeff Hobson Egg Bag{JHEB}.I am not referring to comparing it to other egg bags or egg bag routines...rather I am comparing the JHEB to other Magic products in general!

This is a product that screams..WELL THOUGHT OUT!Yes from beginning to end this is a package that obviously has been infused with:Thought;Cleverness;Respect;Love...etc. etc.I could go on.However,let me just say this:

Mr.Hobson has given a great gift to performers.The props are wonderful:From the red/black bag to the huge egg...which by the way IMO the size of the egg adds greatly to the illusion.To each their own,but anyone who would use a different egg is making a huge mistake.The material and construction of the bag is such that using a large egg is not only possible but Greatly adds to the impossibility..again IMHO.

I would be satisfied with just the props for the price I paid...but it keeps getting better.

We receive access to a private teach-in by Mr.Hobson. This wonderfully organized video compilation is about the JHEB...but it contains tons of valuable information that will be of value for the effective presentation of Magical Entertainment in general.Let me also state that Mr. Hobson is one heck of a teacher:Clear,concise,and enjoyable.{ I do wish it was in the larger Windows Media Player format...rather than the small Quicktime format}

Mr.Hobson's instruction makes the basic handleing quite easy..however,I caution those that like to rush thing's...DON'T.Invest in some thought and time and create a presentation that is personal to YOU.That is what I am going to do.Once the basics are perfected...the sky is the limit with this Classic.[I won't be ready for several weeks to perform this before real folks]

I know in my enthusiasm some may think I have a connection to the product..I DO NOT..I just know Gold when I see it.

Mr.Hobson,I know you say it partially in jest..that: "this is just a silly trick".

This has the potential to be reputation maker....and who would know better than you.

Also,thank-you Mr. Hustle...without your review,I Would still be using just my beloved Sterling Egg Bag

Best.
Rich
dannydaniels
View Profile
New user
74 Posts

Profile of dannydaniels
To add another comment praising this egg bag would only be an exercise in redundancy.
This is the baby. Thanks Jeff - I waited years for this.
I'm not confused... I just don't know yet.
JanForster
View Profile
Inner circle
Germany ... when not traveling...
3822 Posts

Profile of JanForster
Hi Danny, long time ago we've met... I share your opinion, and now let's start to talk about different things... you know why. Jan
Jan Forster
www.janforster.de
Bar10dr
View Profile
New user
77 Posts

Profile of Bar10dr
Wow I can't believe people are actually happy with the Hobson Egg Bag. I think it is way way overpriced and I don't really like the bag at all. There is a reason nobody used two colors. It lets people know that there are two pieces of fabric sewn together which means there could be a pocket in the bag. I also don't like the material. Lynetta Welch makes a much nicer bag out of silk and it is much cheaper. If you look at the top pros that are doing the trick not one of them to my knowledge are using Hobsons bag. The only people buying this product are the ones who have never used a Malini Egg Bag and don't know any better. Heck the bags that Danny Tong makes for $30 are better than the Hobson bag and work just as well. And as for the egg that comes with it you are better off blowing a real egg and using it. It is much more realistic looking and if you get the medium size eggs they are a lot smaller and easier to work with. I like Jeff Hobson as much as the next guy but, this product way over priced and not as good as the alternatives. Just my opinion and I have been doing the Malini Egg Bag for 20 years.
The Magic Cafe Forum Index » » Tricks & Effects » » Hobson Egg Bag (0 Likes)
 Go to page [Previous]  1~2~3~4~5..9~10~11 [Next]
X
[ Top of Page ]
All content & postings Copyright © 2001-2020 Steve Brooks. All Rights Reserved.
This page was created in 0.13 seconds requiring 5 database queries.
The views and comments expressed on The Magic Café
are not necessarily those of The Magic Café, Steve Brooks, or Steve Brooks Magic.
> Privacy Statement <

ROTFL Billions and billions served! ROTFL