The Magic Café
Username:
Password:
[ Lost Password ]
  [ Forgot Username ]
The Magic Cafe Forum Index » » Believe it or not... » » Ballycast #009 - Swami Yohmami, Grand Guignol, Super Circus (0 Likes) Printer Friendly Version

rossmacrae
View Profile
Inner circle
Arlington, Virginia
2447 Posts

Profile of rossmacrae
It's up today - a 48-minute podcast featuring the ever-popular Swami Yohmami (you know him here as Stephon). The guy's got a lot to say!

Also, a revival of Grand Guignol in all its gory glory, and some video from the early-50's "Super Circus" - put 'em together and you've got perhaps the oddest mix of subjects yet! It's 18 megs of audio goodness just for you!

Download the podcast HERE or visit the podcast web page to see the videos RIGHT HERE (you really oughta see the videos)
Utah_Showman
View Profile
Veteran user
Heart of Utah
350 Posts

Profile of Utah_Showman
Ross,

Keep up the great Ballycasts.

John
Sideshow World
Stephon
View Profile
Special user
Maryland, USA
911 Posts

Profile of Stephon
Quote:
On 2008-01-21 17:00, rossmacrae wrote:
The guy's got a lot to say!
This is Ross/Wayne's nice way of saying, "It was a pain in the ass to edit."

I look forward to listening to it--I have no memory of what I said.
~Les S. Moore, The Dapper Dipper
Swami Yomahmi and Cheeky Monkey Sideshow

"Comedy is a man in trouble." ~Bill Irwin
rossmacrae
View Profile
Inner circle
Arlington, Virginia
2447 Posts

Profile of rossmacrae
He pounds a nail straight into his brainstem, and he's surprised that he has no memory of what he said. [*shakes head*]
Michael K
View Profile
Loyal user
Hazleton, PA
251 Posts

Profile of Michael K
Just have to add my "thanks" to Ross. I'm sure it is a labor of love, and I assure you we do love it.

Michael
(Professor Ackult)
P.S. I've got in interview with my local newspaper tomorrow about my sideshow. So I've been thinking deeply about sideshow and listening to all the Ballycasts that I can.
Freak Prodigy
View Profile
Inner circle
NYC & LA
1805 Posts

Profile of Freak Prodigy
Great Stuff!!!!!

And thanks for the mention, crap, now I have to update my blog!

Brett.
Blog:
http://www.bloudermilk.blogspot.com
View Profile
Special user
Maryland, USA
911 Posts

Profile of Stephon
Dear god, I am a verbose mothereffer, ain't I?

Thanks, R/ayne (whudda ya' think of that?) for taking the time to talk with me and putting what I said into something vaguely coherant.

I look forward to listening to your work for a long time.
~Les S. Moore, The Dapper Dipper
Swami Yomahmi and Cheeky Monkey Sideshow

"Comedy is a man in trouble." ~Bill Irwin
rossmacrae
View Profile
Inner circle
Arlington, Virginia
2447 Posts

Profile of rossmacrae
Thank you for the kind words.

Coherent? Eight hours of editing will fix almost anything.

No - Swami, no! Get away from me with that nail!
The Feegee Mermaid
View Profile
Loyal user
203 Posts

Profile of The Feegee Mermaid
Is anyone else having some trouble with listening to this on an Ipod? It works on my computer but when I listen to it on the Ipod about 5 minutes into it it stops and skips to the next thing.

Feegee
Danny Borneo
View Profile
Special user
722 Posts

Profile of Danny Borneo
Nope everything's ok on my ipod. I know it's a stupid question but have you tried to download it again?
Danny Borneo
View Profile
Special user
722 Posts

Profile of Danny Borneo
On another note, great work yet again Wayne/Ross and terrific job Stephon.
The Feegee Mermaid
View Profile
Loyal user
203 Posts

Ive downloaded it twice, I think its something to do with my Ipod.
Danny Borneo
View Profile
Special user
722 Posts

Profile of Danny Borneo
It sucks doing it but recently I had to do a "reload" on my ipod and used the restore option on my ipod. Some weird things that had been happening (ie random reboots, unresponsiveness, etc.) cleared up after doing this. Wish I could be of more help.
ScottRSullivan
View Profile
Special user
874 Posts

Profile of ScottRSullivan
Great interview. You are doing a great job on the shows!

Feegee, I've got an iPhone and it downloaded/played fine the whole way through. You might have to clear it from your ipod before loading in. Sort of like the "cache" problem with browsers. Maybe you downloaded the file before the whole file was uploaded and didn't get the "full 18 megs of glory"!

Please keep up the great work! (I know firsthand how hard it can be - and you're doing a GREAT job!)

Scott
rossmacrae
View Profile
Inner circle
Arlington, Virginia
2447 Posts

Profile of rossmacrae
Thanks Scott - in all honesty, it's been very invigorating for me - reminds me of my old radio days (except now I get all the time I want to make the show right, and nobody says I'm violating the strict standards of journalism by editing so heavily)
rossmacrae
View Profile
Inner circle
Arlington, Virginia
2447 Posts

Profile of rossmacrae
In another thread, Brett wrote: "Wayne, I just downloaded all the bayycasts to my iPod with the exception of James' and my own interviews. There was some sort of error with James' and mine wasn't listed in iTunes."

Brett, I downloaded #002 (James Taylor) with no problem, played through start to finish.

Sadly, I'm old and most of my mind ain't where it usedta be. Accordingly, I just don't know nuffin' about no Itunes. It is just vaguely possible that I got into Itunes later than your episode, or it may have some bearing that I had to re-upload the Taylor interview to fix a broken upload after Itunes listed it (looking for a different filesize)???

Anyway, it's always available straight from ballycast.com
ScottRSullivan
View Profile
Special user
874 Posts

Profile of ScottRSullivan
Not to get too deep into the details and sidetrack a thread, but are you going through Feedburner? It's much easier to manage the links and you then just have iTunes point to the Feedburner link. Plus, then you can keep an eye on the number of subscribers.

That's how I manage the Lantern Podcast. iTunes looks to Feedburner, then Feedburner points to whereever you want the file to be. This way, you can change the file's location a month or two or a year from now, but the iTunes link stays the same.

For example, this link (my iTunes page):
http://phobos.apple.com/WebObjects/MZSto......04817416

points to my feedburner link here:
http://feeds.feedburner.com/reelsinmotion/magiclantern

Which is redirected to my personal page at Reelsinmotion.tv. And all this is done behind the scenes. Hope this doesn't confuse anyone.

What's nice is, as I said, you can keep an eye on how many subscribers you have (not who they are, just how many). This can be more valuable if you want to get involved with advertising, where you can charge on a CPM basis, much like radio.

Scott
gsidhe
View Profile
Inner circle
Michigan
1726 Posts

Profile of gsidhe
Great Podcast- Both Ross and Stephon.
Really enjoyed the listen!
Gwyd
The Feegee Mermaid
View Profile
Loyal user
203 Posts

I just downloaded it again but this time from Sideshow World, its working fine now Smile Thanks to everyone who helped and I'm sorry to sidetrack the topic. Its truely a great podcast, I loved the Grand Guignol recordings.

The Feegee Mermaid, presenter of the Feegee RV experiment in the Penny forums.
rossmacrae
View Profile
Inner circle
Arlington, Virginia
2447 Posts

Profile of rossmacrae
Thank you for the kind words, "Feej" ... did y'all know Feej has a new blog? HERE
The Magic Cafe Forum Index » » Believe it or not... » » Ballycast #009 - Swami Yohmami, Grand Guignol, Super Circus (0 Likes)
[ Top of Page ]
All content & postings Copyright © 2001-2021 Steve Brooks. All Rights Reserved.
This page was created in 0.21 seconds requiring 5 database queries.
The views and comments expressed on The Magic Café
are not necessarily those of The Magic Café, Steve Brooks, or Steve Brooks Magic.
> Privacy Statement <

ROTFL Billions and billions served! ROTFL