The Magic Café
Username:
Password:
[ Lost Password ]
  [ Forgot Username ]
The Magic Cafe Forum Index » » Believe it or not... » » The Real Hustle - American Version (0 Likes) Printer Friendly Version

Danny Borneo
View Profile
Special user
722 Posts

Profile of Danny Borneo
Posted this in another section of the Café, but figured it would be interest of some people in this area. I've been a huge fan of the hit BBC series The Real Hustle since it's inception. Well it looks like tonight we'll see a debut of the American version of the show on the TruTV network with a new cast and new locale. New York to be exact, because of that I was curious to see if our own Mr. Robbins knew anything about this, being The Modern Conman and all Smile A

Actually, oddly enough it looks like one of the cast members, Apollo Robbins (hmmm...strange coincedence), has a list of recommended hustler reading.....#1 on the list, "The Modern Conman" by none other than Todd Robbins. Excellent promotion for Todd's upcoming book.

Well here's a link to the show's site
http://www.trutv.com/shows/real_hustle/index.html

and here's a link to pre-order Todd's book from Amazon
http://www.amazon.com/Modern-Con-Man-Som......1&sr=8-1
thegreatnippulini
View Profile
Inner circle
of Hell because I've made
2589 Posts

Profile of thegreatnippulini
Robbins is a permanent sideshow associated name... I think Todd Robbins is a fake name derived from the movie "Freaks"... think about it.. remember, he is the "Modern Conman".
The Great Nippulini: body piercer, Guinness World Record holder, blacksmith and man with The World's Strongest Nipples! Does the WORLD care? We shall see...
http://www.greatnippulini.com
Danny Borneo
View Profile
Special user
722 Posts

Profile of Danny Borneo
Yeah I had figured that as well about Todd's moniker and had assumed the relation to "Freaks", just curious if he was familiar with the people involved since they were doing everything out of New York. Oddly enough they were all on The View today promoting the show (my wife watches it....no really she does). They showed a couple of clips and it was all pretty much the same stuff that they had done on the early BBC episodes.
Todd Robbins
View Profile
V.I.P.
New York
2907 Posts

Profile of Todd Robbins
Nip, I'm glad you got that off of your chest.

Strangely enough, Todd Robbins is my name since birth. And I am no relation to Milt Robbins who was the sideshow manager that gave Ward Hall his first job.

Also, I am no relation to Apollo, but he is a friend. The Real Hustle could be better, but it is quite good. Apollo is a genius at what he does, Dani plays her role well and Ryan is good looking. I think many will enjoy the show.

Todd

Quote:
On 2008-01-22 12:59, thegreatnippulini wrote:
Robbins is a permanent sideshow associated name... I think Todd Robbins is a fake name derived from the movie "Freaks"... think about it.. remember, he is the "Modern Conman".
Danny Borneo
View Profile
Special user
722 Posts

Profile of Danny Borneo
Thanks for clearing that up Todd. The mysteries have been solved......at least for now
airship
View Profile
Inner circle
In my day, I have driven
1594 Posts

Profile of airship
Or HAVE they?!?!? Smile
'The central secret of conjuring is a manipulation of interest.' - Henry Hay
Todd Robbins
View Profile
V.I.P.
New York
2907 Posts

Profile of Todd Robbins
Don't work to hard on this guys. I am just an average guy that has on occasion enjoyed sitting on a grassy hit watching a street parade on a warm late November afternoon in Dallas, TX. Man, I haven't done that in about 45 years.
thegreatnippulini
View Profile
Inner circle
of Hell because I've made
2589 Posts

Profile of thegreatnippulini
And Todd knows how I like to get things off my chest... especially when they've been hanging around for a while.
The Great Nippulini: body piercer, Guinness World Record holder, blacksmith and man with The World's Strongest Nipples! Does the WORLD care? We shall see...
http://www.greatnippulini.com
The Magic Cafe Forum Index » » Believe it or not... » » The Real Hustle - American Version (0 Likes)
[ Top of Page ]
All content & postings Copyright © 2001-2021 Steve Brooks. All Rights Reserved.
This page was created in 0.17 seconds requiring 5 database queries.
The views and comments expressed on The Magic Café
are not necessarily those of The Magic Café, Steve Brooks, or Steve Brooks Magic.
> Privacy Statement <

ROTFL Billions and billions served! ROTFL