The Magic Café
Username:
Password:
[ Lost Password ]
  [ Forgot Username ]
The Magic Cafe Forum Index » » Penny for your thoughts » » Looking for help bringing booktest idea to life.... (0 Likes) Printer Friendly Version

Paul h.
View Profile
Special user
MINDoverMETHOD
528 Posts

Profile of Paul h.
Ladies and Gents,

I am looking for help on how to bring an idea I have to market. I don't want to allow everyone to see the idea written up here on the Café, so I would like to share this with some of the "upper tier" members who have themselves produced items.

I am not saying that this is new, or so great that everyone could not come up with it on their own, but I'm sure people will understand the need for some sort of secrecy. This is the nature of this market, after all.

Bascially, this is an idea that would allow for a book test to appear as follows:

Three spectators are selected from the crowd (no stooges). The first spectator selects from three examinable books. The second spectator would then select ANY page number, no force. The third spectator then selects a number between 1 and 10, to select the actual word on selected page.

***The number the 3rd person chooses could be chosen from ANY word on the page, but for time purposes, and for the sake of not knowing how many words are on each page, a number from 1-10 is used.

Without any pumping, impressions, confederates, or further suspisicious movements, the performer knows the selected word.

The chosen word, which you know with 100% accuracy, is then revealed as you like on a dry erase board held by you from the beginning.

-You instantly know the word to reveal
-Can be repeated with different word each time
-Free choice of book by spec.
-No riffle force, or any other force
-No impressions
-Nothing written down if you like
-No confederates
-Performer never sees anything
-The chosen word may be changed, as long as the spectators follow the above procedure.

I would like to forward my solution to several veteran members for review of whether this is actually "doable" on a production scale. The certain something that makes this possible is where my questions start. I have run this by one big-time performer and he thought it was too expensive to produce for marketing. I am still interested in seeing how much/whether there is a manufacturer out there to handle making the "gimmick" needed. Even if I just have one made for myself.

Any takers?

Best,

Paul h.
Vincent.Lynch
View Profile
Elite user
409 Posts

Profile of Vincent.Lynch
Can I have a look?
Paul h.
View Profile
Special user
MINDoverMETHOD
528 Posts

Profile of Paul h.
Vincent,

Send me a PM with your email attached...I don't think I saved your email when I purchased the Design Dupe.

Thanks,

Paul h.
Dr Spektor
View Profile
Eternal Order
Carcanis
10781 Posts

Profile of Dr Spektor
You could also produce it as a small manuscript on how to create the bookstest and include what is needed for the booktest.... and thus allow others to go out and make their own? Less headache... depends on production run etc. However, there was someone around here who produced a booktest with 3 books - but not sure what happened to him.
"They are lean and athirst!!!!"
Paul h.
View Profile
Special user
MINDoverMETHOD
528 Posts

Profile of Paul h.
The gimmick is quite complex...so would not be a consideration, Dr. Spektor.

Paul h.
Philosophry
View Profile
Veteran user
321 Posts

Profile of Philosophry
Is the gimmick something built into the book, or something you can add to the book later? If it is the former then you're probably going to have to pay out a fair deal just to get the books printed, which will obvious drive up the price for the customer. It will already be expensive considering they're buying 3 books.

Perhaps the project is unnecessarily complicated? I've just bought a book test that pretty much does what yours can. There are slight limitations but none that would be noticed by the specs.
Paul h.
View Profile
Special user
MINDoverMETHOD
528 Posts

Profile of Paul h.
Ungimmicked book...can be thoroughly examined
Paul h.
View Profile
Special user
MINDoverMETHOD
528 Posts

Profile of Paul h.
You could actually buy the books yourself after you buy the effect!
Philosophry
View Profile
Veteran user
321 Posts

Profile of Philosophry
If it is just the gimmick and not a printing thing then it's not a mentalist you need but some sort of designer. You could always try a nearby technical college, see if someone wants to take it on as a project.
Paul h.
View Profile
Special user
MINDoverMETHOD
528 Posts

Profile of Paul h.
That is a good idea...I am looking for feedback from mentalists also, though. I don't want to re-invent the wheel here.

Paul h.
RileyG
View Profile
Special user
Las Vegas
840 Posts

Profile of RileyG
Sounds like WOW with the dry erase board to me... I came up with an effect like this published in the PEA Vibrations newsletter years ago...
Signed,
Riley G Matthews Jr
SAG-AFTRA actor
Www.RileyG.com
Paul h.
View Profile
Special user
MINDoverMETHOD
528 Posts

Profile of Paul h.
RileyG,

Please give me the gist of the routine in private if you feel so inclined. I will also do the same and tell you my idea as well, if you like?

Paul h.
RileyG
View Profile
Special user
Las Vegas
840 Posts

Profile of RileyG
That's alright, I'll keep my privately published routine to myself and those in the PEA... Good luck with your idea...
Signed,
Riley G Matthews Jr
SAG-AFTRA actor
Www.RileyG.com
Paul h.
View Profile
Special user
MINDoverMETHOD
528 Posts

Profile of Paul h.
Thanks for the reply, RileyG...

Best,

Paul h.
kriskraze
View Profile
Special user
620 Posts

Profile of kriskraze
Riley G. Not only the most ethical guy on the Café, but seemingly also the most generous.
RileyG
View Profile
Special user
Las Vegas
840 Posts

Profile of RileyG
Quote:
On 2008-01-22 19:06, kriskraze wrote:
Riley G. Not only the most ethical guy on the Café, but seemingly also the most generous.

Must be a Ying / Yang thing... 69 ..

bloodbrothers
Signed,
Riley G Matthews Jr
SAG-AFTRA actor
Www.RileyG.com
The Magic Cafe Forum Index » » Penny for your thoughts » » Looking for help bringing booktest idea to life.... (0 Likes)
[ Top of Page ]
All content & postings Copyright © 2001-2024 Steve Brooks. All Rights Reserved.
This page was created in 0.02 seconds requiring 5 database queries.
The views and comments expressed on The Magic Café
are not necessarily those of The Magic Café, Steve Brooks, or Steve Brooks Magic.
> Privacy Statement <

ROTFL Billions and billions served! ROTFL