We Remember The Magic Café We Remember
Username:
Password:
[ Lost Password ]
  [ Forgot Username ]
The Magic Cafe Forum Index » » Penny for your thoughts » » Theme Advice/Help (0 Likes) Printer Friendly Version

Dr. Zenitram
View Profile
Regular user
New York
156 Posts

Profile of Dr. Zenitram
I was recently asked by the events coordinator at my job if I can do a quick introductory performance for a campaign kickoff. I would love to, but just have nothing I can apply to the theme "Help us build Strong Kids". My usual M.O. is blindfold work and I just cannot seem to bridge the gap between effect and theme. I have two weeks, which is almost no time when it comes to developing a new bit, well at least for me.

If anyone can offer advice, suggestions, etc. I would like to stick to mentalism, but I am willing to try anything.

Thanks for your time.
Will you, won't you, ESP with me?
Dr Spektor
View Profile
Eternal Order
Carcosa
10599 Posts

Profile of Dr Spektor
You can go back to the golden oldies and do classic "Strength" stunts... e.g. 10 people trying to push you over... the can't lift / lift a person out of a chair... a gravity box Smile... etc.... and that is just physical.

You can also show the strength of the mind with the above - i.e. concentation, mental focus and knowledge over brute brawn...

Strong in Mind and Body sort of thing...
"They are lean and athirst!!!!"
LLL
View Profile
Inner circle
1574 Posts

Profile of LLL
Magic squares, Knights Tour... ect

mescalito
The basic tool for the manipulation of reality is the manipulation of words. If you can control the meaning of words, you can control the people who must use the words.
Philosophry
View Profile
Veteran user
321 Posts

Profile of Philosophry
You could do a memory feat, getting the kids to shout out things that are healthy etc. which you note on a numbered board. Donning your blindfold, you can call out what thing is at #12, #7, #32 etc. etc.
The Magic Cafe Forum Index » » Penny for your thoughts » » Theme Advice/Help (0 Likes)
[ Top of Page ]
All content & postings Copyright © 2001-2021 Steve Brooks. All Rights Reserved.
This page was created in 0.09 seconds requiring 5 database queries.
The views and comments expressed on The Magic Café
are not necessarily those of The Magic Café, Steve Brooks, or Steve Brooks Magic.
> Privacy Statement <

ROTFL Billions and billions served! ROTFL