We Remember The Magic Café We Remember
Username:
Password:
[ Lost Password ]
  [ Forgot Username ]
The Magic Cafe Forum Index » » Grand illusion » » The Magellan Sohi levitation (0 Likes) Printer Friendly Version

Go to page [Previous]  1~2
semo
View Profile
Loyal user
San Jose, CA
300 Posts

Profile of semo
Kyle,

I'm copying a bit of my post above since it gives you the angles that worked for me:

I'll be on a raised stage (18 inches). The spectators in the front row will be in chairs (their eye level to about my knees as I'm completely levitated) about 5 feet away from me. The angles are good as well. It is a magic theater setting, so my angles are like if I was in the middle of a clock and the hands were at 10:10. You can see a picture of the stage at the bottom of this link: http://www.themagicgarage.net/

You cannot do this effect surrounded. Although, I can't think of many levitations you CAN do surrounded. Direct side angles are not so good either. Look at a clock, lay it on the floor, audience at 12 and stretch your left arm to the 10 (maybe even closer to the 9) and right arm on the 2, and you get about the right feel for the angles.

I did get a video of it, but I have some issues with it. First off, it is way to big of a file, so I have to figure out how to reduce the size of the file. Two, it was not my camera, and the camera person was watching ME instead of the shot, so there was an audience member's head in the way of the feet reveal. You can see part of it on the film, but it is covered a bit by the head in the front row. After viewing it a few times, hearing the audience reaction during the rise is just incredible. Of course I couldn't hear them when I was performing it, but on the tape, you heard "OMG", and "No way!". It's really powerful stuff.

For the record, it's not the best performance of a floating bill that I have ever done (I prefaced the performance of the Magellan Solo with a floating bill), since we had some tech difficulties and an overhead light came on off cue, potentially allowing viewing of something the audience shouldn't see (cough...IT..cough). I had to create a shadow with my body and the light to cover the dirty work, which reduced my range of motion. So the bill floated, but it seemed very constrictive. Better that than exposure, I guess.

Anyway, I'll try to get this video to work online somehow soon.
Scott Emo, co-creator of Fenced In Illusion - There's nothing better than breaking free!

And creator of Sacred - The Child Conjuring Illusion - Because there is nothing more magical than the creation of a child.

Find them at: http://www.masterofillusions.ca/
magic4545
View Profile
Inner circle
Jimmy Fingers
1166 Posts

Profile of magic4545
Unfortunately, I will no longer be building the Magellan Sohi illusion for sale. The cleanup and the size have made it prohibitive for use in most real world performance situations, and it's only real value is as a stage illusion. However, the difficulty finding a welder to build these has been another huge obstacle. The welders are quite unreliable, and they seem to have no concept of a deadline or an agreement on their fees.

That being said, the exciting news is that the Magellan Solo has risen again, somehow, from the ashes. I've made some adjustments and some improvements to make it the more stable, workable solutions of the three Magellan props. I've been getting rave reviews from my Research and Development team, and the Solo seems to be better hidden, better transported and better received.

When performed for the same audience that had seen the Sohi previously, they thought that it was the same effect. They noticed no difference, even when confronted with the 6" height difference.

I would like to change the pricing of the Solo to $995 in an attempt to stimulate sales and a possible renewed interest. The thousand dollar mark seems to be the price point for this type of illusion.

Thanks for your continued interest,

Jimmy
http://www.jimmyfingers.com
LeeAlex2002
View Profile
Inner circle
1006 Posts

Profile of LeeAlex2002
Does this mean that the Bermuda will not be available now?
Yours Magically,
Lee Alex

http://www.magic2wear.com
magic4545
View Profile
Inner circle
Jimmy Fingers
1166 Posts

Profile of magic4545
Hi Lee Alex, and all others interested,

The Bermuda was never built, due to potential liabilities if it were to be released to the general public.

The Bermuda may be fabricated on a case-by-case basis, but the complexity is just too great of a task to compromise for a 'one size fits all' prop. It is stage show only, custom built to the performer.

At the end of the day, everyone involved in the project seemed to be happiest with the standard, one-size-fits-all Solo, so I'm back to that. It's the original, and it's the best, most versatile of the one-man versions in the Magellan line. Even though there were never any complaints about the Sohi models that were sold, they were just never as workable in a house party, real world situation.

Thanks for your interest in the project,

Jimmy
http://www.jimmyfingers.com
magic4545
View Profile
Inner circle
Jimmy Fingers
1166 Posts

Profile of magic4545
Hi everyone,

I've retired the older, outdated videos of the Magellan levitation, and I've posted the new Magellan Master levitation video.

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=sN0EidaycCQ

Thanks for your interest!

Jimmy
Doruk Ülgen
View Profile
Elite user
466 Posts

Profile of Doruk Ülgen
This new magellan master is not on the market yet or I haven't seen it ?
magic4545
View Profile
Inner circle
Jimmy Fingers
1166 Posts

Profile of magic4545
Hi,

It's on the market, now it is the only one being produced.

I'm performing it tonight in the DFW area for Bizzaro at his Vaudeville night show.

JF
magic4545
View Profile
Inner circle
Jimmy Fingers
1166 Posts

Profile of magic4545
The Magellan Bermuda is here, it is in the final stages of development. The ultimate portable showstopper for duo acts on cruise lines, corporate events and any show where the performers would prefer to travel without extra shipping fees or freight charges. Two person presentation. Both feet separated and dangling with NOTHING visibly in contact with the feet. If you are familiar with the Magellan Master Levitation, this is similar in a couple of ways, but the path is MUCH more complex, confusing, and completely new. This piece has been created from the ground up, literally. I will be performing this in some venues locally in Houston and L.A., and I'll be getting live videotape for your future evaluation, as soon as possible. Please contact me with further questions.

At this time, I will only be creating these on a custom basis.

Thanks for your continued interest in the Magellan series of affordable, portable, showstpping live performance levitations.

Jimmy Fingers
www.magellanlevitation.com
magic4545
View Profile
Inner circle
Jimmy Fingers
1166 Posts

Profile of magic4545
Wow, just finished the initial prototype for the Magellan Bermuda duo levitation presentation prop. Turned out even more amazing than I ever dreamed!

It weighs less than a pound over the weight of the Magellan Master Levitation! And, it fits in a 29" spinner suitcase. And with the 18.35 lb. Weight, it left from in my luggage for my B-screen and more!

Please let me know if any of you have any questions.

Jimmy Fingers
Lou Hilario
View Profile
Inner circle
2222 Posts

Profile of Lou Hilario
Hi Jimmy, is there a video of this new duo concept? Or a sneak peek?
Magic, Illusions, Juggling, Puppet & Parrot Show ^0^
http://www.louhilario.net
Hector
View Profile
Loyal user
272 Posts

Profile of Hector
Looking forward to seeing it!
magic4545
View Profile
Inner circle
Jimmy Fingers
1166 Posts

Profile of magic4545
No video yet, I'm hoping to get some video from my next performance in the Stars of Magic show in Hermosa Beach, CA.

No photos, this must be see in the context of the presentation to really give the impression that an audience member would have.

However, the view of the feet dangling with nothing near them is a startling, eye-opening experience.

Thanks,

Jimmy
jcmagicman
View Profile
Loyal user
221 Posts

Profile of jcmagicman
How's the video coming along Jimmy?
magic4545
View Profile
Inner circle
Jimmy Fingers
1166 Posts

Profile of magic4545
It's ready

Thanks,

Jimmy
The Magic Cafe Forum Index » » Grand illusion » » The Magellan Sohi levitation (0 Likes)
 Go to page [Previous]  1~2
[ Top of Page ]
All content & postings Copyright © 2001-2020 Steve Brooks. All Rights Reserved.
This page was created in 0.19 seconds requiring 5 database queries.
The views and comments expressed on The Magic Café
are not necessarily those of The Magic Café, Steve Brooks, or Steve Brooks Magic.
> Privacy Statement <

ROTFL Billions and billions served! ROTFL