The Magic Café
Username:
Password:
[ Lost Password ]
  [ Forgot Username ]
The Magic Cafe Forum Index » » Nothing up my sleeve... » » Source for Kapps Subtlety (0 Likes) Printer Friendly Version

jmcgrath
View Profile
Regular user
Tomorrow I'll make another
147 Posts

Profile of jmcgrath
Gents,

I'm writing up my version of Roths classic 'Wild Coin' plot and I'm listing reference sources for the moves that I am using. I don't know where I can find Kapps Subtlety in print.

Anyone care to help?

Thanks,

john
John McGrath
Mb217
View Profile
Inner circle
8725 Posts

Profile of Mb217
Jmc, you might check here...Smile

http://archive.denisbehr.de/archive/resu......70&edit=

It can get confusing at times, Kapps Subtlety, Malini Subtlety, Ramsay Subtlety, Liwag Subtlety, etc.
*Check out my latest: MBs Morgan w/ BONUS: Destiny, Copper Silver INC, Double Trouble, FlySki, Crimp Change - REDUX!, and other fine magic at gumroad.com/mb217magic Smile

"Believe in YOU, and you will see the greatest magic that ever was." -Mb Smile
Michael Rubinstein
View Profile
V.I.P.
3965 Posts

Profile of Michael Rubinstein
It is more accurately referred to now as the Malini subtlety.
Available at dealers EVERYWHERE - RUBINSTEIN COIN MAGIC- The biggest book on coin magic since Bobo's Modern Coin Magic, and the most important since David Roth's Expert Coin Magic! Hardbound, 500 pages, 20 chapters of state of the art coin magic illustrated with 930 crisp photos! A contribution chapter from over 20 of the world's top coin magicians! This will be the book against which all future books on coin magic will be measured! Already called a Modern Classic!!
And if anyone (USA ONLY) needs some of the coin stuff used in the book, shoot me an email at rubinsteindvm@aol.com as I have some limited supplies of coins and props used on the book.
jmcgrath
View Profile
Regular user
Tomorrow I'll make another
147 Posts

Profile of jmcgrath
So much to learn and so little time. Thanks for the pointers Gents.

Regards,

John
John McGrath
Thomas Wayne
View Profile
Inner circle
Alaska
2240 Posts

Profile of Thomas Wayne
Quote:
On 2008-01-24 07:03, Michael Rubinstein wrote:
It is more accurately referred to now as the Malini subtlety.

Or is sometimes referred to by the acronym: "TSFKATKS", which has the visual (but unpronounceable) symbol shown below.

TW

Click here to view attached image.
MOST magicians: "Here's a quarter, it's gone, you're an idiot, it's back, you're a jerk, show's over." Jerry Seinfeld
Joshua Barrett
View Profile
Inner circle
Cincinnati, Ohio
3627 Posts

Profile of Joshua Barrett
The subtlety formally known as kaps
Jonathan Townsend
View Profile
Eternal Order
Ossining, NY
27104 Posts

Profile of Jonathan Townsend
Thanks good one TW Smile

Perhaps we might want to go for a more cryptic visual code for our other useful coin secrets.

Joshua- you might be a few words short of the acronym there Smile
...to all the coins I've dropped here
Bill Wells
View Profile
Elite user
Lexington, VA
457 Posts

Profile of Bill Wells
I can't put my hands on it at the moment, but a source is the green booklet by Anthony Brahams entitled the Fred Kaps Coin Purse (or something pretty close to that). Richard Kauffman later renamed it and cited the Vernon booklet on Malini as having the same subtlety before Fred had it. Offhand I don't remember which coin book in which Richard did this and I am not where I can look it up. I don't wish to restart the argument of who did what first.
DStachowiak
View Profile
Inner circle
Baltimore, MD
2158 Posts

Profile of DStachowiak
Several times I have used the search function for things like this, and when I didn't turn up any results, I found that if I verified the spelling of the name I was researching, I did MUCH better.
Don
Woke up.
Fell out of bed.
Dragged a comb across m' head.
Curtis Kam
View Profile
V.I.P.
same as you, plus 3 and enough to make
3498 Posts

Profile of Curtis Kam
Here's a bit of fun for you bibliophiles, it also appears (unnamed) in Bobo's NEW Modern Coin Magic. Of course, Malini almost certainly predates this.
Is THAT a PALMS OF STEEL 5 Banner I see? YARRRRGH! Please visit The Magic Bakery
The Magic Cafe Forum Index » » Nothing up my sleeve... » » Source for Kapps Subtlety (0 Likes)
[ Top of Page ]
All content & postings Copyright © 2001-2020 Steve Brooks. All Rights Reserved.
This page was created in 0.12 seconds requiring 5 database queries.
The views and comments expressed on The Magic Café
are not necessarily those of The Magic Café, Steve Brooks, or Steve Brooks Magic.
> Privacy Statement <

ROTFL Billions and billions served! ROTFL