The Magic Café
Username:
Password:
[ Lost Password ]
  [ Forgot Username ]
The Magic Cafe Forum Index » » I'm a real boy! » » Justin Lee Collins - The Convention Crasher (0 Likes) Printer Friendly Version

kimmo
View Profile
Inner circle
Sheffield
1193 Posts

Profile of kimmo
This programme has just aired here in the U.K. I thought it was great!

For those not in the U.K., each week Justin Lee Collins spends time learning a speciality act and then performs at a big convention. Last week he came third in a magic competition, this week he went to the VentHaven convention and signed up for the 'open mic' event, where he performed with his puppet, Albert.

JLC seemed to find ventriloquism a far tougher challenge than the illusion act that he had to perform last week!

Recognised a few well known faces from accross the pond - Steve Taylor, Dan Horn and Ken groves to name a few.

Neale Bacon from here on the Café seemed to pop up in every shot!!
VISIT MY ONLINE STORE!: www.kimmomagicshop.com
NEW LECTURE NOTES - SHOW US YOUR TRIX NOW AVAILABLE AS AN INSTANT DIGITAL DOWNLOAD!

Kimmo DVD available Now!
Watch the promo here!
Order your copy NOW! CLICK HERE!

ENTERTAINER,MAGICIAN AND VENTRILOQUIST'S BLOG - DON'T READ THIS...
Neale Bacon
View Profile
Inner circle
Burnaby BC Canada
1775 Posts

Profile of Neale Bacon
What can I say - Bacon - Ham - same thing
Neale Bacon and his Crazy Critters
Burnaby BC
Canada's Favourite Family Ventriloquist
www.baconandfriends.com
Professor Piper
View Profile
Special user
Somewhere, out there...
770 Posts

Profile of Professor Piper
Great Beaver puppet Neale!

Queston: Does the Beaver have moving eyes? (If so, I didn't know that Pavlov offered that option!)

Good for you getting exposure, ya HAM!

Prof. Piper
"Nemo has been found! He was on an Admiral's Platter at Red Lobster!"
Neale Bacon
View Profile
Inner circle
Burnaby BC Canada
1775 Posts

Profile of Neale Bacon
No he doesn't. That photo was actually a photo shop done by a friend of mine before I even got the puppet.

He said "Here is what you will look like with the beaver".

I love Pavlov's puppets! I use 3 of them.
Burnaby BC
www.baconandfriends.com
Professor Piper
View Profile
Special user
Somewhere, out there...
770 Posts

Nice job on the Photoshop!!

You've convinced me, my next figure will come from Pavlov...

Now the big question I have for myself:

WHICH ONE??????

lol

Thanks for the info Neale!

Bacon rules!!!!

Prof. Piper
ChrisJ
View Profile
Loyal user
Lapeer, MI
222 Posts

Profile of ChrisJ
Is there a way to see this show here in the states?
Police Magician
View Profile
Special user
Georgia
647 Posts

Profile of Police Magician
Neale, love your puppets. I have a pig puppet I use for crime prevention and stranger danger routines with children. I took him to the beach last week and used barbeque sauce on him instead of suntan lotion. He smelled wonderful after an hour or so. He wanted to date a friend of mine's puppet but I told him that no one wants to go out with a pig. He told me that is the reason I get no dates (lol). Here is a picture of him.

Glenn

Click here to view attached image.
Professor Piper
View Profile
Special user
Somewhere, out there...
770 Posts

Great puppet Glenn....and funny stuff!

Who made him?

Prof. Piper
Police Magician
View Profile
Special user
Georgia
647 Posts

Thanks Professor. I have used this puppet for over 11 years for my stranger danger program and other programs for children. A friend of mine in Vidalia, Georgia, who is now out of business, made him for me. He also made two other puppets for me. These other two are more human looking. His business was known as The Puppet Hut.

Glenn
Neale Bacon
View Profile
Inner circle
Burnaby BC Canada
1775 Posts

Profile of Neale Bacon
I have wondered about using animal puppets in safety routines. They are usually from a kids point of view.

Did you write your own?
Burnaby BC
www.baconandfriends.com
Professor Piper
View Profile
Special user
Somewhere, out there...
770 Posts

Quote:
On 2008-01-28 02:46, Police Magician wrote:
Thanks Professor. I have used this puppet for over 11 years for my stranger danger program and other programs for children. A friend of mine in Vidalia, Georgia, who is now out of business, made him for me. He also made two other puppets for me. These other two are more human looking. His business was known as The Puppet Hut.

Glenn

It's a shame they are out of business...Your pig puppet looks a LOT like the pigs from the Muppets!

I've learned, over a 30 year career in Vent (started at age 7) that the kiddos really DO relate better to an animal puppet versus a 'people' puppet...Especially the younger kids....

I've only used 'people' puppets a couple of times....I prefer animals/creatures....Although, my 'star' right now is a MAT custom Japanese Chef named "Fooy Chop Suey"....(He owns an Italian Restaurant here in Branson!)...

Puppetly,

Prof. Piper
Sammy the Kid
View Profile
Veteran user
Southern Illinois
314 Posts

Profile of Sammy the Kid
WOW! A pig puppet working with a policeman.... There ya go perpetuating stereotypes!

Hey to you too, Prof Piper. You still down Branson way? If I get a free weekend this year, I need to head out there. My show calendar is already starting to fill up so I don't know if I'll be out there or not.

Sammy the Kid
Professor Piper
View Profile
Special user
Somewhere, out there...
770 Posts

HEY Sammy!!

Long time no see your type!

How's by you?

Make sure you give me a 'head's up' before you get here and I'll set up some shows for you and the Missus to see! (Hamner/Barber is my favorite!)...

Good to see you pal!

Prof. Piper
Police Magician
View Profile
Special user
Georgia
647 Posts

Neale, most of the routine I did myself. Some a friend of mine gave me. Kids do like the animal puppets though. Professor, the pig puppet used to be dressed in our agency's uniform and was known as Patrolman Potbelly Pigg. He had his own ID and Badge. When I went back to patrol and no longer did the crime prevention, I converted him to Sheriff Buford P. Swine. Sammy, years ago we were known as PIG's. It was an acronym that stood for PRIDE, INTERGERITY, GUTS. That is the reason for the pig puppet in the police uniform.

Glenn
The Magic Cafe Forum Index » » I'm a real boy! » » Justin Lee Collins - The Convention Crasher (0 Likes)
[ Top of Page ]
All content & postings Copyright © 2001-2021 Steve Brooks. All Rights Reserved.
This page was created in 0.2 seconds requiring 5 database queries.
The views and comments expressed on The Magic Café
are not necessarily those of The Magic Café, Steve Brooks, or Steve Brooks Magic.
> Privacy Statement <

ROTFL Billions and billions served! ROTFL