The Magic Café
Username:
Password:
[ Lost Password ]
  [ Forgot Username ]
The Magic Cafe Forum Index » » Trick coin trickery » » Flipper Coin Stuff? (0 Likes) Printer Friendly Version

Go to page [Previous]  1~2
rannie
View Profile
Inner circle
4355 Posts

Profile of rannie
I saw Troy at the Castle last month and he was great. I have seen other works on the flipper , even the guy in the next show after Troy's, but I think Troy was better.

Rannie
"If you can't teach an old dog new tricks, trick the old dog to learn."

-Rannie Raymundo-
aka The Boss
aka The Manila Enforcer

www.rannieraymundo.com
www.tapm.proboards80.net
Acecardician
View Profile
Inner circle
New Orleans
1335 Posts

Profile of Acecardician
Troy lectured here. I bought all his DVD's and book. There is so much stuff, it is easy to find something to fit your performance style. I did.
I bought a US Eisenhower Silver dollar flipper from SASCO. These are BIG. To me these seem more real. That is because I grew up in the 70's when these were in circulation. And most of the people I work for are about my age and can relate to them. It can start a good conversation or "patter" theme.
All of this is worth whatever price you pay for it.

ACE
Eric Jones
View Profile
V.I.P.
Director of Product Development
2101 Posts

Profile of Eric Jones
Garrett Thomas uses a flipper coin and shell set in his Visible Coins Across routine. Garretts VCA is extremely technically demanding, even though it is gaffed to the hilt.

I personally use the set for my variation of Doug Brewers The Hook routine, and in my Flash Coins Revisited routine which can be seen on http://www.magicshane.com
“We're two tigers away from an act in Vegas.” Greg House M.D.
<BR>
<BR>http://www.ericjonesmagic.com
Glenn Godsey
View Profile
Special user
737 Posts

Profile of Glenn Godsey
Quote:
On 2001-10-31 01:08, Bernard Sim wrote:
Hi Ricky, for the last coin in your routine, use Elvind’s Pentium vanish. It is very clean. Smile

Where can Elvind’s Pentium vanish be found?

Many thanks,
Glenn Godsey
Jordini
View Profile
Inner circle
San Francisco
2766 Posts

Profile of Jordini
Quote:
On 2001-10-29 17:00, Tom Cutts wrote:
And so starts another case of pennies envy. Smile

That pretty much made my day.
"Illusion is the first of all pleasures."
Oscar Wilde

"If you only knew the hours I spent just thinking about practicing"
-The Amazing Jonathan
magicmafia22
View Profile
Regular user
110 Posts

Profile of magicmafia22
I recommend the Butter coin, it comes with a DVD that teaches you really cool effects such as visibly penetrating a half dollar through a GLASS table, the butter is a flipper coin, rub-away coin, bite-out coin, and folding coin, but its much much better. highly recommended-around $30
Jordini
View Profile
Inner circle
San Francisco
2766 Posts

Profile of Jordini
Quote:
On 2005-07-16 00:07, magicmafia22 wrote:
I recommend the Butter coin, it comes with a DVD that teaches you really cool effects such as visibly penetrating a half dollar through a GLASS table, the butter is a flipper coin, rub-away coin, bite-out coin, and folding coin, but its much much better. highly recommended-around $30

I heard that quality of this varied greatly and there were some not so terrific reviews about it.
"Illusion is the first of all pleasures."
Oscar Wilde

"If you only knew the hours I spent just thinking about practicing"
-The Amazing Jonathan
David Neighbors
View Profile
V.I.P.
4754 Posts

Profile of David Neighbors
I have 37 routines With A fliper coin! 25 with A reg. fliper And 12 with A magnetic
fliper! Hopefuly I will have them in print One of these Years!:)! And Matrix with a Fliper? Yea I have 7 routines Smile!

Best David Neighbors
The coinjurer
David Neighbors

The Coinjurer

www.coinjurer.com
ehands
View Profile
Special user
Mississippi
524 Posts

Profile of ehands
My hope would be for more magnetic flipper material and that you publish by the time I work thru "Sound Routines." Thanks.
"Oh look, we have created enchantment." Blanche DuBois
David Neighbors
View Profile
V.I.P.
4754 Posts

Hi Ehands,
I will try! But it takes so long to get someone To write the stuff up!!!
( As I don't Write it up myself!) And any of the Reg. Fliper coin stuff Can be done With A Magnetic Fliper! Just not the outher way A round! Ok Thanks Man!

Best David Neighbors
The Coinjurer
David Neighbors

The Coinjurer

www.coinjurer.com
ehands
View Profile
Special user
Mississippi
524 Posts

Profile of ehands
Quote:
On 2005-07-26 17:51, David Neighbors wrote:
And any of the Reg. Fliper coin stuff Can be done With A Magnetic Fliper! Just not the outher way A round!

Thanks, David! I hope your creativity will focus a bit however on opening the magnetic flipper. It requires either a ferrous or another magnetic object in the hand. I am trying to use the magnetic coin Swadling that supplies, the rim of a purse, or a shimmed coin for different openings. When I am down to one coin, a vanish is the only thing left for me. I feel that opening the magnetic version deserves some special thought.
"Oh look, we have created enchantment." Blanche DuBois
David Neighbors
View Profile
V.I.P.
4754 Posts

Hi EHands,
You just need one that's some what lose! Tod made mine And it pops open real easy!

Best David Neighbors
The Coinjurer
David Neighbors

The Coinjurer

www.coinjurer.com
shaneking
View Profile
New user
Sydney, Australia
61 Posts

Profile of shaneking
I only do one trick with the flipper as a quick opener. I show the two coins and then casually toss them into a martini glass. I then immediately empty the glass and then make the disappeared coin reappear somewhere else. Best done with your sleeves rolled up, no watch and rings. Its eye popping stuff!
If you're not looking for it you won't find it!
Www.shanekingmagic.com
Sydney, Australia
leko
View Profile
Loyal user
Netherlands
202 Posts

Profile of leko
The Pentium Vanish can be found in Elvind Lowig's book "Stand-up Coin Power".
Eric Jones
View Profile
V.I.P.
Director of Product Development
2101 Posts

Profile of Eric Jones
Quote:
On 2010-07-26 21:00, shaneking wrote:
I only do one trick with the flipper as a quick opener. I show the two coins and then casually toss them into a martini glass. I then immediately empty the glass and then make the disappeared coin reappear somewhere else. Best done with your sleeves rolled up, no watch and rings. Its eye popping stuff!

Hey Shane,

what do you do with other coin?
“We're two tigers away from an act in Vegas.” Greg House M.D.
<BR>
<BR>http://www.ericjonesmagic.com
John Long
View Profile
Inner circle
New Jersey
2638 Posts

Profile of John Long
Check out Jaxon's Flip-m-Out. It is a coins across w/the coins being put in the spectators hands; nice routining. The first few phases are also in M Power's book (I forget the name)

John
MagicJuggler
View Profile
Inner circle
Anchorage, AK
1161 Posts

Profile of MagicJuggler
Dan Watkin's video 'Coin Man Walking' has a couple excellent routines using a flipper coin.
Matthew Olsen

www.mattolsenmagic.com

I heard from a friend that anecdotal evidence is actually quite reliable.
kerpa
View Profile
Special user
Michael Miller
594 Posts

Profile of kerpa
Nobody has mentioned it, so I will. Flipped Out by Craig Petty is a fine DVD, I think. All flipper routines using a gravity flipper.
Michael Miller
(Michael Merlin: original family --and stage-- name)
The Magic Cafe Forum Index » » Trick coin trickery » » Flipper Coin Stuff? (0 Likes)
 Go to page [Previous]  1~2
[ Top of Page ]
All content & postings Copyright © 2001-2019 Steve Brooks. All Rights Reserved.
This page was created in 0.13 seconds requiring 5 database queries.
The views and comments expressed on The Magic Café
are not necessarily those of The Magic Café, Steve Brooks, or Steve Brooks Magic.
> Privacy Statement <

ROTFL Billions and billions served! ROTFL