The Magic Caf
Username:
Password:
[ Lost Password ]
  [ Forgot Username ]
The Magic Cafe Forum Index » » Tricky business » » Pre-Recorded Voice Overs (0 Likes) Printer Friendly Version

Go to page 1~2~3~4 [Next]
Bob Sanders
View Profile
1945 - 2024
Magic Valley Ranch, Clanton, Alabama
20504 Posts

Profile of Bob Sanders
Several of us use pre-recorded introductions and show closers performed by professional voices with "predictable" messages. Today you just add them to the jump drive that has your music and documents that you sometimes have to get printed on the road. They plug right into the sound system and you're set for the show.

How many magicians here use them and where are they getting them recorded?

Mine are done by actor Norris Broome. anspecial@bellsouth.net

He has also done them for Dan Sperry, Autumn Morning Star, Al Angello, Fielding West, and Lou Leventhal in the world of magic.

I like having my own spokesperson to introduce me. It frames my show. There is a pre-show announcement (about cell phones, video cameras, etc.), the actual introduction to my show, and a closing "Thank You" at the end of the show. The total time is only about two minutes.

How are these matters handled in your show?

Bob Sanders
Magic By Sander
Bob Sanders

Magic By Sander / The Amazed Wiz

AmazedWiz@Yahoo.com
Al Angello
View Profile
Eternal Order
Collegeville, Pa. USA
11045 Posts

Profile of Al Angello
I want to thank my friend Bob Sanders for introducing me to Norris Broome who supplied me with a professional introduction, and closer. I downloaded it to my ipod and it goes with me everywhere.
Al Angello The Comic Juggler/Magician
http://www.juggleral.com
http://home.comcast.net/~juggleral/
"Footprints on your ceiling are almost gone"
MJ Marrs
View Profile
Inner circle
Los Angeles
1123 Posts

Profile of MJ Marrs
I'm using the customized version that Magic Enhancer made for me. They used a professional voice guy for a bunch of the pieces, including some openers, closers, and various other times. Quality work. http://www.magicenhancer.com

I'm also fond of Tim Hannig's funny bits on his "The Show Starts Before the Show Starts." http://www.showmethefun.com

MJ
NJJ
View Profile
Inner circle
6437 Posts

Profile of NJJ
I got a professional voice over guy here in Melbourne to do mine. Since I do a lot of shopping centre shows where I rely on walk up crowds I use the VO and let people know the show is on and have announcements 15, 10 and 5 minutes prior to show time with songs in between.
Rodney Palmer
View Profile
Inner circle
1317 Posts

Profile of Rodney Palmer
I use Nathan Roberts who is a Professional Magician and a former Radio Station Manager. He does Voice-Overs and Pre-Post Show Music.

Rodney
"Creating Memories That Last A Lifetime"

In order to keep "MAGIC ALIVE" Please become a Mentor to a Young Person.
Magic Enhancer
View Profile
Inner circle
Robert Haas
1805 Posts

Profile of Magic Enhancer
Since this topic is right in line with my business, I figured I'd chime in.

My name is Robert Haas and I am the CEO of Magic Enhancer- a company which provides voice-overs for performing professionals. We have quite an extensive resume of people who we have done voice-work for- however Jeff McBride, Cody Fisher, Ken Scott, Arthur Trace, Oscar Munoz, Jay Mattioli, yadda yadda yadda. We are a relatively new company (to magic) but have been doing voice-overs for well over 10 years.

We can provide any type of voice you are looking for- (whether it be the Vagsy style introductions found on some of my CDs) or whether it be character voices for puppets. We also can do celebrity impressions, radio advertisement, promo video voice-overs, etc.

One of the best buys in magic today is the Magic Enhancer CD as MJ was talking about. ON that CD (which starts at as low as $25) has openers, closers, segues, welcomes, sound effects, audience chasers and so much more to enhance the current quality of your show. We also have customization packages which start at $40 (for 15 customized tracks).

For more info, feel free to PM me. You can also listen to some samples or learn more about us by visiting our website at http://www.magicenhancer.com. I can also be reached for price quotes at MagicEnhancer@aol.com.

However, the direct link to the Magic Enhancer Volume 1 Cd is: http://www.magicenhancer.com/MagicEnhancerVolume1.html

Volume 2 is in the works and will be released in the near future as well.

I hope this gives you all another option regarding voice-overs. I look forward to working with some of you...

Robert Haas
Robert Haas
Magic Enhancer
Quality magic products for the working professional.
www.MagicEnhancer.com
Cody S. Fisher
View Profile
V.I.P.
Austin, Texas
1194 Posts

Profile of Cody S. Fisher
Robert Haas (aka magic enhancer) has done several custom voice over projects for me and I could not be happier with the finished product. He is quick, professional, and the final product wasn't finished until I was completely happy!

I HIGHLY recommend his services...

Cody S. Fisher
To Sign Up For My Members Only FREE Monthly Videos Visit: www.CodyFisher.com/store

Cody's Comedy Confabulation / Silk-2-Egg / Killer Prediction / Tossed Out Deck / Comedy Book Test / Las Vegas Aces / Three Ropes & 1000 Laughs
SpellbinderEntertainment
View Profile
Inner circle
West Coast
3519 Posts

Profile of SpellbinderEntertainment
I've used the voiceover talent Houston Robertson: http://www.houstonrobertson.com/ as I like the sound of a female voice, I find it sets up my magic well and had a welcoming calming effect while getting the message across. That said, I find I don't use a pre-record as often as I thought I might, I also like that "human touch" that only live can provide. But sometimes in large venues or with disorganized clients, it can be a life saver.

Magically,
Walt
Bob Sanders
View Profile
1945 - 2024
20504 Posts

Profile of Bob Sanders
Walt,

The female voice is on my GPS that directs me there. I just don't think I could take one more instruction: "Bob get to work!" LOL

Guys do listen to women!

Bob Sanders
Magic By Sander

PS --- Yes, Dear!
Bob Sanders

AmazedWiz@Yahoo.com
TheDean
View Profile
Inner circle
Reno, Nevada
2164 Posts

Profile of TheDean
There is a entire study of influence, persuasion and the feminine, masculine and even child voices that is worth knowing about for sure. No time or space to go into it all here, but the short version suggests that in ‘most’ (not all) cases, the female voice is more powerful. That said, better than that is BOTH the feminine and masculine if you have the opportunity.

Depending n what I am doing, I use both, and on occasion, I add the “child’ voice in as well… in the sales & marketing environments.

For LIVE show VO’s I use (among others) Ross Mitchell (The Announcer for “Coast To Coast AM with Art Bell & George Noory) It so happens he lives and works here in Reno… Lucky Me.

I will say that Robert Haas’ Magic Enhancer’s are killer as is Tim Hannigs Show tools CD – I have been using “enhancer” products (not Roberts as much, though the same for another industry) for 17 years with amazing success.

Audio is a POWERFUL medium and should be used a well as it can be.
Dean Hankey, *M.D. - The Dean of Success Solutions!
Serving & Supporting YOU and Your Success!
"Book More Shows... Make More Money... SERVE MORE PEOPLE! - Not Necessarily In That Order…"

(*Marketing Doctor) Smile
magic4u02
View Profile
Eternal Order
Philadelphia, PA
15110 Posts

Profile of magic4u02
Thanks Dean for the very kind words on the Magic Enhancer Cds. You have been a true friend and a mentor to me and have really changed my life dramtically. For that I can not thank you enough.

I will be sure to pass the word on to Rob. Rob and I spent a lot of time working on the first volume of Magic Enhancer 1 and it has been very well received. We thank you all for your input and your patronage to make Magic Enhancer volume 1 the success that is has been for us.

We took all of your comments and suggestions and we are happy to say that Magic Enhancer Volume 2 is almost done as we are in post production on the tracks and CD packaging to get Volume 2 out on the market very soon. If you thought Magic Enhancer volume 1 was good, wait till you see what Rob and I have in store for you on Volume 2. It is even better and more improved with powerful professional voice over and sound tracks that any entertainer and magician can use.

I personally thank you all for helping Rob and I do this right as we believe at Magic Enhancer not to get anything out on the market unless we know it is a quality product that really can impact your bottom line and help you to your own success.

I hope Rob will chime in here as well as he can add his 2 cents worth in this as well as give some more insite on what we have been up to if anyone is interested.

Kyle
Kyle Peron

http://www.kylekellymagic.com

Entertainers Product Site

http://kpmagicproducts.com

Join Our Facebook Fan Page at

http://facebook.com/perondesign
Dannydoyle
View Profile
Eternal Order
21245 Posts

Profile of Dannydoyle
ALEXANDRE is a member here and a professional voice-over artist. He is one of the best.
Danny Doyle
<BR>Semper Occultus
<BR>In a time of universal deceit, telling the truth is a revolutionary act....George Orwell
Blair Marshall
View Profile
Inner circle
Montreal, Canada
3661 Posts

Profile of Blair Marshall
If working in a specific area/region, why would you not approach a local radio announcer who does voice-overs and produce your own announcements?? Wouldn't this be far easier and beneficial to your overall show? This could also elevate the level of your show, by having a recognizable voice do your intros, etc., unless of course you are already "the world's greatest".

Blair Marshall
"ShaZzam!"
liberty
View Profile
New user
61 Posts

Profile of liberty
I didn't know these CDs existed!
Bob Sanders
View Profile
1945 - 2024
20504 Posts

Profile of Bob Sanders
There is an advantage in using the same voice in all of the voice-overs. It gives continuity to your image, but it also gives you flexibility to change parts without changing all of the works every time.

I know that you'll find Norris Broome anspecial@bellsouth.net easy to deal with on that. If you travel much at all, that can be very important. It removes the temptation to use an inappropriate voice-over just because you have it. It also recognizes that "One size does not fit all". It really adds to your professional appearance.

Bob Sanders
Magic By Sander
Bob Sanders

AmazedWiz@Yahoo.com
Tim Hannig
View Profile
Inner circle
Chicago area
1149 Posts

Profile of Tim Hannig
Thanks, guys, for the kind words on my "Show Starts" CD.

I sold a ton of them today when I did a demo of the announcements at MagiFest.

I'm sure Robert, Cody, and TheDean would agree that it is great to have products on the market that people are actually USING (which we all do).

I was talking to John Lovick today, who reviews a lot of stuff for Magic Magazine, and it's amazing to hear how much stuff they get for review.

There is so much garbage coming out right now, so it's gratifying to get those positive reviews!

Tim Hannig
Owner of my own products, The Magic Enhancer CD, some killer Cody Fisher DVDs and notes, and some Dean Hankey marketing materials.
Anybody else I need to plug? I ain't sayin' it if it isn't true!
Author of PERFORM, the 2020 Magic Cafe Book of the Year

"I loved this book!" Ken Weber

"4 out of 4 stars!" Nick Lewin

"This will be a classic of magic!" Mark Pocan

performbettershows.com
MAGICBYTIM
View Profile
Special user
Louisiana
531 Posts

Profile of MAGICBYTIM
I second Nathan Roberts. His website is down, but his email is nathanjroberts@msn.com

I also use the "Show Starters" CD.

Nathan did a custom routine for me last week to go with my new Remote Drawing Board routine. He does the introductions, and he also has 4 royalty free CDs out. He can also do custom work, and he is very reasonable with prices.

Just my 2 cents.
Tim
Mindpro
View Profile
Eternal Order
10606 Posts

Profile of Mindpro
I feel using a pre-recorded intro offers a feeling of professionalism and creates a consistency for the beginning of my performances. Even providing someone with a pre-written introduction leaves room for errors and problems that can affect the crucial first few minutes of a performance. I leave nothing to chance. There is so much to a performance you do not have control over, this is something I do.

I also like some of the ideas here for other areas pertaining to a performance, both preshow and even in the performance offers possibilities.
Tim Hannig
View Profile
Inner circle
Chicago area
1149 Posts

Profile of Tim Hannig
Yes, I agree.

Lately I have the "contact" read an intro, but it does not ask for applause.

Then, a prerecorded short intro comes on and gets everyone applauding in a high energy way.

The prerecorded voice gets it right every time! : )
Author of PERFORM, the 2020 Magic Cafe Book of the Year

"I loved this book!" Ken Weber

"4 out of 4 stars!" Nick Lewin

"This will be a classic of magic!" Mark Pocan

performbettershows.com
Bob Sanders
View Profile
1945 - 2024
20504 Posts

Profile of Bob Sanders
It is good to see so many magicians using pre-recorded announcements. It does change the show.

Thanks, too, to the magicians who sent examples of their voice-overs. Now, I'm ready to see the show!

Bob Sanders
Magic By Sander
Bob Sanders

AmazedWiz@Yahoo.com
The Magic Cafe Forum Index » » Tricky business » » Pre-Recorded Voice Overs (0 Likes)
 Go to page 1~2~3~4 [Next]
[ Top of Page ]
All content & postings Copyright © 2001-2024 Steve Brooks. All Rights Reserved.
This page was created in 0.05 seconds requiring 5 database queries.
The views and comments expressed on The Magic Café
are not necessarily those of The Magic Café, Steve Brooks, or Steve Brooks Magic.
> Privacy Statement <

ROTFL Billions and billions served! ROTFL