The Magic Café
Username:
Password:
[ Lost Password ]
  [ Forgot Username ]
The Magic Cafe Forum Index » » So Happy together... » » Twin City Convention? » » TOPIC IS LOCKED (0 Likes) Printer Friendly Version

Go to page [Previous]  1~2~3~4~5~6~7~8~9~10 [Next]
Andrew H.
View Profile
Regular user
Elizabethton,TN
124 Posts

Profile of Andrew H.
I went by the shop for some supplies on Thur Jan 31, Dave was there and the shop is open. I wonder "WHY" Jon can't get through? As for the Saturday night show Twin Cities ran into this same problem 2 years ago, but they came through and had a good convention.
Bob Sanders
View Profile
1945 - 2024
Magic Valley Ranch, Clanton, Alabama
20504 Posts

Profile of Bob Sanders
Andrew,

I agree! Facility arrangements are not new problems for any convention. Twin City gets better every year. I plan to be there.

There is also no doubt that the shop is there. The usual problem is no demonstrator is going to leave an in store customer to answer the phone. It is not a telephone business.

Dave called me back and it took him two tries!

Bob Sanders
Magic By Sander
Bob Sanders

Magic By Sander / The Amazed Wiz

AmazedWiz@Yahoo.com
magicelam
View Profile
Veteran user
Tennessee
368 Posts

Profile of magicelam
I don't know "WHY" John can't get through... maybe 'cause Dave owes him money ;-)! It's here nor there though, now that people are able to get through to the shop, I'll tell him to call!

I'm assuming the venue that they're having trouble securing is the Paramount... nice theater... but I've heard it's pricey... Is the venue where the convention was hosted not adequate enough for an illusion style show? I've never been there before...

I know the convention used John Battle High School a few years ago... while not as nice as the Paramount, it seemed to house the show just fine... it seemed to have plenty of seating as well.

I know massive illusions can fit in the paramount though... the first year when Dave Vaught and Company did the illusions (and not to knock anyone who has performed illusions there before, but I don't think anyone can top the first year... Dave was on...), they did a huge motorcycle production, an asrah, and plenty more... so I'm sure it'd be ideal to secure the Paramount.

Best of luck either way, I'm sure this'll be a great convention!
Mike
kermitjohnson
View Profile
New user
johnson city, tennessee
41 Posts

Profile of kermitjohnson
**********************************************************************************
Official Announcement for Twin City Magic Convention

Hi guys, OK here’s the latest.

1. We are in the process of creating a new website for the convention, when it’s up and going we'll post a link here.

2. The not so good news. We are regrettably unable to due the convention in 2008. Several events that are beyond our control have caused us to make this decision.

Were still talking to Dan Harlan, Kyle the Great, the Reed Sisters, and several others for 2009.

Were going to take advantage of the extra planning time, and hit it hard in 2009. Yes we are planning for 2009. First weekend in June, Thursday night through Saturday.

We did lose the Paramount for this year which is a large factor in our decision. Yes we had our Saturday night show at a different location 2 years ago, but we feel the Paramount is a staple of our convention. Were in discussions now about a long term contract for our convention and the use of the theater. The other places we considered are just not sufficient for our needs, or the feel of the convention.

We do apologize for any aggravation this may cause. We plan on contacting those who have attended before via email and letting them know what’s going on. We also plan on advertising in magic and the linking ring, to let everyone know.

Again Dave and I are truly sorry and saddened by not being able to do it this year, but we are shooting for an awesome convention in 2009.

If you may be interested in being a performer, lecturer, or dealer, now’s the time to contact us.

If you wish you can email me at kermitjohnson1@aol.com, as well as calling the shop.

Yes Dave has been very busy, as well as dealing with health issues in his and Wendy’s family.

Again thanks for your support, and prayers. Please keep in touch and well see you all in 2009.

**********************************************************************************

For those looking for something to do around the same time, Bob Sanders knows of a convention on South Carolina, contact him for more info.

Anyone having trouble contacting Dave may contact me at my email as well.

Thank you all and God bless.
Illusionist Kermit Johnson
magicelam
View Profile
Veteran user
Tennessee
368 Posts

Profile of magicelam
This is not necessarily a bad thing, no convention for 2008. It can only mean an awesome convention for 2009. Best of luck guys!
Mike
housermagic
View Profile
New user
In the mountains
71 Posts

Profile of housermagic
This is a real let down for all involved. We had truly enjoyed the past several years of the Twin City Magic Convention. Now, though, we can save up to enjoy more in the dealers' arena. LOL

We will look forward to 2009 and move ahead.

Best wishes to the convention committee.

Bill

Smile
kermitjohnson
View Profile
New user
johnson city, tennessee
41 Posts

Profile of kermitjohnson
Thank you all for understanding. It just feels like God's letting us know this was the right decision to make. We look forward to seeing all of you in 2009.
Darth Ewok
View Profile
Loyal user
Greeneville TN
228 Posts

Profile of Darth Ewok
Kermit, I went to the Feb club meeting. the theme was mentalism. funny thing cause before I left the house I had feeling that niether you or Dave would show up. hehe I was right. gonna try and make the next one. looking forward to actually meeting you in person
my real name is Kevin Harrison

http://www.myspace.com/magicalclerk
Scott Compton
View Profile
Special user
Hampton, VA
747 Posts

Profile of Scott Compton
I hate to see that Dave and the guys aren't putting on the convention this year. It is one of my favorite conventions each year. Oh well, I will look forward to 2009!
Magic is an art. I am merely a tour guide.
http://www.facebook.com/pages/Scott-Compton-Magician/160270640674735

"You are the magic" Jay Ose to Albert Goshman
Michael Taggert
View Profile
Special user
Fredericksburg Virginia
656 Posts

Profile of Michael Taggert
Hey gang I know that dave and kermit are bummed for this year I certainly know how much outside events can add up to a non convention. I had a great time down there year before last and was hoping to return this year. We wish Dave and kermit the best in getting back up and running. WE are still up and running up here if anyone needs a magic fix. Not as big as dave's event but fun just the same. I hope to see you all in 2009. bristol is one of my favorite places.
Mike Taggert
ring 50 washington dc
http://www.magi-whirl.com
eatonmagic
View Profile
Special user
Orlando, FL
737 Posts

Profile of eatonmagic
Kermit, please let Dave know that Jay and I would LOVE to do next years convention. We were wondering what was going on because he had told us that he was definitely bringing us back. Anyway, I'm glad (in some sense) to know what's going on and saddened on the other hand that this terrific convention isn't going to happen this year. Please keep me posted.

Elam!!! What's up man!? Hope the new family is doing well. Give me a call. I haven't talked to you in a while. We should get me, you, and Wampler together sometime soon and hang out.

-Eaton
kermitjohnson
View Profile
New user
johnson city, tennessee
41 Posts

Profile of kermitjohnson
Time for an update I believe:

Well since our the last convention in 2007, things have changed, for the world as a whole, so for a smaller (yet loved) convention, we know its gonna take a lot from us to pull it off,so as it stands, we are in in the process of getting contracts sent out, and prepairing for something a little different in the world of conventions. I will announce more regaurding registration, schedule, etc. Just wanted to let you all know we are in the process of putting together the 2009 convention. The dates are going to be June 4-6, and will be held in the same location as the 07 convention. We have already assured the locations. If you guys know anyone interested in being a dealer, please contact me via private message.

Along with our work, we need your prayers as well..We look forward to the re-appearance of the Twin City Magic Convention.
KyletheGreat
View Profile
Special user
Georgia
560 Posts

Profile of KyletheGreat
This is GREAT news...this was a very enjoyable convention. I'm glad it's coming back!
Kyle Jarrard
"Entertainment at its Best"

http://www.kylesmagic.com
http://www.hypnobilly.com
kermitjohnson
View Profile
New user
johnson city, tennessee
41 Posts

Profile of kermitjohnson
We will announce what day we are accepting registrations by the middle of next week, we need to finish a couple things first. But as of now, here are the rates.

Magician 90
Spouse 60
12 & UP 45
12 & UNDER FREE (W/PAYING ADULT)

1 DAY PASS

Magician 50
Spouse 25
12 & up 15

But if you register on or before April 15th (Finally a reason to look forward to that day,lol), the rates will be...

Magician 70
Spouse 45
12 & up 30

Dealers can go ahead and either private message me or contact Dave at tophatmagicsupply.com or by calling 423-968-3200.

1 table = 1 table in front & a double stack behind.
2 table = 2 tables in front & a 2 double stack2 behind.

1 table rate 50
2 table rate 100

What about the competition?
We will follow the 2007 lay out, close up and stage/ adult and child all intermixed. We will have winner for close up & a winner for stage, as well as a 2nd place. The number of contestants will decide if the youth and adult are considered separate.

What do they win?

1st = 100 & award
2nd = 50 credit for use @ tophatmagicsupply.com & certificate

Awards may vary depending on the number of contestants.

As more info becomes available, I will pass it on.
James Adamson
View Profile
Special user
Deatsville - Holtville - Slapout, AL
945 Posts

Profile of James Adamson
Kermit, Great news!

Look forward to seeing you there.

Everybody, this has been a great convention with extremely good talent, you will find that it should be on your list of conventions to attend!
Be remembered for performing what looks like MAGIC, not skill.
Matt Watts
View Profile
Regular user
189 Posts

Profile of Matt Watts
Alright..Wha Hoo...It is back.
kermitjohnson
View Profile
New user
johnson city, tennessee
41 Posts

Profile of kermitjohnson
Ok so who are we talking to?
1st off we are in the final stages of contracting, but as of right now...

Kyle Jarrard Friday night mc
Dan Harlan
Dan Sperry
Kendrick "Ice" McDonald
Matt Fore
Krystyn Lambert
Johnny "Ace" Palmer
And a couple more yet to be determined.

Now they are not all set in stone yet, but were @ 90% yes w/all the ones listed.

We do hope to confirm all by Wednesday, it’s practically a "masters of illusions" convention, considering most of them are on this seasons episodes. LOL.

So please keep the prayers coming.

Thank you to everyone.
Matt Watts
View Profile
Regular user
189 Posts

Profile of Matt Watts
Spread this around people. I talked to Kermit a few minutes ago and are going to need help pulling this off. We need the word of mouth. So tell everyone.The site is not lost and if all plans go as expected will be up soon. This will be a good convention but these guys do need support.

With these lecturers and performers and prices like this it will be too good to miss.

Magician 90
Spouse 60
12 & UP 45
12 & UNDER FREE (W/PAYING ADULT)

1 DAY PASS

Magician 50
Spouse 25
12 & up 15
Mike Melito
View Profile
Loyal user
263 Posts

Profile of Mike Melito
Hey I gotta a question. My kids have an awesome stage act that I would love to submit as an audition. Who would I send it to? Contact? etc.
Matt Watts
View Profile
Regular user
189 Posts

Profile of Matt Watts
Contact Dave Vaught at 423-968-3200 or http://www.tophatmagicsupply.com
He is the man with the plan...Thanks for the interest mike...

Matt

:clownonball:
The Magic Cafe Forum Index » » So Happy together... » » Twin City Convention? » » TOPIC IS LOCKED (0 Likes)
 Go to page [Previous]  1~2~3~4~5~6~7~8~9~10 [Next]
[ Top of Page ]
All content & postings Copyright © 2001-2024 Steve Brooks. All Rights Reserved.
This page was created in 0.04 seconds requiring 5 database queries.
The views and comments expressed on The Magic Café
are not necessarily those of The Magic Café, Steve Brooks, or Steve Brooks Magic.
> Privacy Statement <

ROTFL Billions and billions served! ROTFL