The Magic Café
Username:
Password:
[ Lost Password ]
  [ Forgot Username ]
The Magic Cafe Forum Index » » The spooky, the mysterious...the bizarre! » » Oracular Systems (0 Likes) Printer Friendly Version

Go to page [Previous]  1~2~3~4~5 [Next]
coupcoupdaddy
View Profile
Inner circle
2466 Posts

Profile of coupcoupdaddy
Of course, Doug.

Upon reflection, we neglected three elements inherent to the reading: 1) The reader stated that her readings should be "taken with a grain of salt". 2) The reader had the sitter silently "make a wish" before inverting the cup...the wish was not alluded to again. 3) The reader described a present situation and path of positive action for the sitter to consider.

--The Mechanic
foreign correspondent, z and lt

inner being worker
coupcoupdaddy
View Profile
Inner circle
2466 Posts

Profile of coupcoupdaddy
This week's guest introduced I Ching work to our students, first by having each participant share why they wanted to take the class. Then she wove their responses into an overview of techniques beginning with turtleshell firecracking to her pretty colored marbles she uses to determine a hexagram. Even more salient was her counsel on how to ask questions and how to receive generated imagery. She manifested a reverence and humility for seeking the unknown within ourselves through this ancient Chinese system. She prefers Alfred Huang's translation for good reasons including its references to other popular translators. She shared her own methods of ritualizing this self-work and encouraged healthy skepticism toward images that simply did not speak directly in some way to the seeker. As a Jungian therapist, she warned of the illusion of projection and only being receptive to what one wishes to be so rather than learning from what one doesn't know. After her departure, students formulated their questions and threw the coins.

We threw #55, Feng: Abundance.

We are doing very well as long as we do not try and be extravagant in presentation or pedagogy. This will be a great challenge for our theatrical natures to temper themselves so.

Next week, our dear old chiromancer friend will visit the class if she is able that day.

--All Inner Beings (including Isnot Liwok)

inner being worker
coupcoupdaddy
View Profile
Inner circle
2466 Posts

Profile of coupcoupdaddy
Yesterday we welcomed our third guest, the hand reader, who we hadn't seen for a quarter of a century. After shifting the students into sacred space, she requested they trace one of their hands onto paper, just the outline of their hands...no lines, no names. While students complied, she shared her learning heritage, foreground and present approach to reading hands. Just as we grow our faces with the world from within, we grow our hand lines. They change like hexagrams.
The papers were collected and mixed and, one at a time, she read the shapes. A few of the participants' reactions were conspicuous, most were reserved. Each reading addressed the individual's strengths as well as concerns the reader shared. She comparatively referenced and invoked the "dream field" of the entire group throughout the session. After follow-up questions, students stayed after class for more.
On a personal note, Isso Liwok was very pleased to hear his old friend once again call him her "little crazy." For next week's final playing card Tarot workshop, we will be romancing the ancient epigram, "Your mama flies and your papa plays the violin." Oh, yeah.

--coup coup daddy & company

inner being worker
Brane
View Profile
Loyal user
Virginia, USA
272 Posts

Profile of Brane
Sortilege is the term used in finding meaning in a number of 'randomly' scattered/ tossed/ dropped objects. Runes, shells, I ching sticks and the like.
For those who care about these things, there is a book due out fairly soon at mevproshop.com that deals with tea leaf reading - (coffee grounds, too) - for the professional reader, as well as reading candle wax dripped into water. Also discussed: the Dilogun, the Santeria shell readings. All of these from the point of view of professionals using 'hidden systems' to find meanings for clients. There are a number of easy - and a few more complex - relevant general 'hidden systems' that could be used for just about anything else. Must be about 100 pages. Price unknown.
brane (Who got an early pre-edited peek)
coupcoupdaddy
View Profile
Inner circle
2466 Posts

Profile of coupcoupdaddy
Thanks for info, Brane.

Thursday's final class reflected light back and on Friday, one of the students joined us in offering playing card Tarot readings for those wandering around the multicultural day festivites. So successful was the experience that we are offering 8 more workshops through March. Today, out of the blue, at the farmer's market where we were selling and giving away crop circle secrets, our empath friend appeared. We had been thinking of her ever since she moved north 8 years ago, especially while we have navigated through these oracular systems the past month. We had begun sessions with her many years ago after our hypnotherapist of 8 years retired. We seem to have a lot of thresh held energy to illuminate our tiny spheres wending our strange ways elsewhere.

inner being worker
fishwasher
View Profile
Inner circle
B'ham uk
1231 Posts

Profile of fishwasher
Thanks for the heads up on the that book brane, It sounds like something I will be interested in.

Aidan
Sayn lay narn, marli?

http://www.bizarremagic.net
coupcoupdaddy
View Profile
Inner circle
2466 Posts

Profile of coupcoupdaddy
Positive relevancies and acknowledgement of oracular efficacies...HITS...are being reported by participants from last month's class. We have thrown the coins for our first new session and will continue cartomancy with playing card Tarot. A new guest awaits. Previous guests will return.

The hand reader taught us you must only fully read hands with no one else but the sitter present. She also taught us you must never read your own hands.

inner being worker
coupcoupdaddy
View Profile
Inner circle
2466 Posts

Profile of coupcoupdaddy
Spring Equinox, Rite?

inner being worker
coupcoupdaddy
View Profile
Inner circle
2466 Posts

Profile of coupcoupdaddy
This morning we stood between sunrise and moonset traveling 800 miles per hour.

inner being worker
Eman
View Profile
Regular user
Bloomington, Indiana
141 Posts

Profile of Eman
Hooray for Oracular Systems class!!!
Corona Smith
View Profile
Inner circle
Airstrip One
1689 Posts

Profile of Corona Smith
Still no one mentions scrying, too obvious perhaps?

Today I discovered Napoleons book of fate, which contains an oracular system I have not previously encountered. It involves making rows of lines on a page. Odd numbers of lines one dot, even two dots. Shares something with the Iching perhaps.

Also contains weather omens, physiognomy, trial of destiny, moles etc.
coupcoupdaddy
View Profile
Inner circle
2466 Posts

Profile of coupcoupdaddy
Paracelsus gave exact dimensions and properties for how a scrying mirror should be constructed. We've been rather apprehensive of what might emerge through the polished surface. Ah, my friend and editor. You'll appreciate this. Last night when we were talking on the phone, the call waiter I ignored turned out to be a student who wanted permission to bring her baby goat to class today.

inner being worker
Bill Ligon
View Profile
Inner circle
A sure sign of a misspent youth:
6437 Posts

Profile of Bill Ligon
Your classes must be REALLY interesting. It is too bad I didn't have any teachers like you! I might have learned something.

Bill
Author of THE HOLY ART: Bizarre Magick From Naljorpa's Cave. NOW IN HARDCOVER! VIEW: <BR>www.lulu.com/content/1399405 ORDER: http://stores.lulu.com/naljorpa
<BR>A TASSEL ON THE LUNATIC FRINGE
Harley Newman
View Profile
Inner circle
5109 Posts

Profile of Harley Newman
Search now on eBay for "ANTIQUE TIBETAN DIVINATION CONTAINER W/LETTERED STICKS"

Someone from this group should have this.
“You can’t depend on your eyes when your imagination is out of focus” -Mark Twain

www.bladewalker.com
Bill Ligon
View Profile
Inner circle
6437 Posts

Profile of Bill Ligon
Did so. Got it. Spent too much already!

Thanks, Harley!

Bill
Author of THE HOLY ART: Bizarre Magick From Naljorpa's Cave. NOW IN HARDCOVER! VIEW: <BR>www.lulu.com/content/1399405 ORDER: http://stores.lulu.com/naljorpa
coupcoupdaddy
View Profile
Inner circle
2466 Posts

Profile of coupcoupdaddy
Hooray! And thanks for your kind words, Bill.

Inspired by Corona's enhanced arborglyphs published on Zoo & Logical Times, a few of the inner beings are collecting pieces of bark whose inner sides bear naturally engraved writings and symbols. Soon a story will emerge.

Our eight March cartomancy sessions went well for all. Our fourth guest gave stunning individual, traditional as well as leftfield ten card readings for each participant. This direct and often uncanny experience provided even more curiosity for students to research certain cards that intrigued them most during the reading and to amplify the imagery's relevance for themselves after they left the grail castle. As it should be. Perhaps one of them did indeed ask the right question and news that the fisher king's wound is healing is just beginning to reach us here.

--Rev. Halcyon

inner being worker
optimystik
View Profile
New user
87 Posts

Profile of optimystik
To add some real fun and excitement to your class you should search Amazon for "Bisba".

Stephen
Tony Iacoviello
View Profile
Eternal Order
13150 Posts

Profile of Tony Iacoviello
Quote:
On 2008-03-28 22:12, coupcoupdaddy wrote:
Hooray! And thanks for your kind words, Bill.

Inspired by Corona's enhanced arborglyphs published on Zoo & Logical Times, a few of the inner beings are collecting pieces of bark whose inner sides bear naturally engraved writings and symbols. Soon a story will emerge.

Our eight March cartomancy sessions went well for all. Our fourth guest gave stunning individual, traditional as well as leftfield ten card readings for each participant. This direct and often uncanny experience provided even more curiosity for students to research certain cards that intrigued them most during the reading and to amplify the imagery's relevance for themselves after they left the grail castle. As it should be. Perhaps one of them did indeed ask the right question and news that the fisher king's wound is healing is just beginning to reach us here.

--Rev. Halcyon

Speaking of natural oracles, have you read my last entry at my blog?
http://psychiclife.blogspot.com/
Bill Ligon
View Profile
Inner circle
6437 Posts

Profile of Bill Ligon
Optimystik, I used to have BISBA, but I gave it away when I moved from Miami. I regret it now, along with several other things I gave away. The book is a unique and (to say the least) interesting way of learning about certain people. Folks, you will have to see it to really appreciate it.

Bill
Bill Ligon
View Profile
Inner circle
6437 Posts

Profile of Bill Ligon
Tony, thanks for that. It was beautiful! Also, I learned a much-needed lesson from it.

Bill
The Magic Cafe Forum Index » » The spooky, the mysterious...the bizarre! » » Oracular Systems (0 Likes)
 Go to page [Previous]  1~2~3~4~5 [Next]
[ Top of Page ]
All content & postings Copyright © 2001-2020 Steve Brooks. All Rights Reserved.
This page was created in 0.18 seconds requiring 5 database queries.
The views and comments expressed on The Magic Café
are not necessarily those of The Magic Café, Steve Brooks, or Steve Brooks Magic.
> Privacy Statement <

ROTFL Billions and billions served! ROTFL