The Magic Café
Username:
Password:
[ Lost Password ]
  [ Forgot Username ]
The Magic Cafe Forum Index » » Tricks & Effects » » VDP (0 Likes) Printer Friendly Version

Go to page 1~2 [Next]
pegasus
View Profile
Eternal Order
United Kingdom
10537 Posts

Profile of pegasus
Very occasionally, someone develops a brand-new methodology which allows for effects which were previously considered impossible.

Imagine a signed playing card transforming quarter-by-quarter into a completely different card with the signature still intact! Ah, but is it the spectator's signature? Of course! But can the card be given away without a switch? Absolutely!

But that is just the start of what VDP can accomplish.

Back in the summer of 2001 Jon van der Put invented VDP, the principle behind some incredible effects that have created a huge buzz in the underground magic community. Previously, John has only taught the real work on his basic effect to one or two of his closest friends. Now the time has arrived for the fantastic VDP to enter the arsenals of magicians around the world.

On this exclusive Alakazam DVD Jon teaches the complete handling of the basic VDP effect as outlined above. In addition, he teaches a variety of advanced applications including: signed selections and predictions that transform, unbelievable transpositions, mind-bending card-fusions and impossible co-incidences.

Remember - in all the effects, the card is signed by the spectator at the outset, magically transforms quarter-by-quarter and is given away as a souvenir at the end with the spectator's signature still intact.

Jon's VDP is a low-tech marvel which will allow you to perform dozens of stunning, memorable effects.

DEMO: http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=772J89Lgs......t_1.html
THEGUY26 (Will Swanson)
View Profile
Inner circle
Minnesota, USA
2379 Posts

Profile of THEGUY26 (Will Swanson)
It looks kinda fishy, and I'm worried about having to have the card "signed" in that teeny tiny box.
ted french
View Profile
Inner circle
Columbus Ohio
1946 Posts

Profile of ted french
It looks great to me. That seems a small thing to complain about.
P3
practice practice perform.
Chessmann
View Profile
Inner circle
4247 Posts

Profile of Chessmann
Maybe (in front of the spec) draw a line with a small "x" to the left of it to indicate where to sign. That's what one of the top mentalists has recommended for certain occasions.
My ex-cat was named "Muffin". "Vomit" would be a better name for her. AKA "The Evil Ball of Fur".
VcosNJ
View Profile
Inner circle
1179 Posts

Profile of VcosNJ
It's certainly different, and the fact that their signature is still there while the card changes and given away as a souvenir is pretty sweet.
Steve Haynes
View Profile
Inner circle
Southeastern United States
1119 Posts

Profile of Steve Haynes
I have been using this for seventeen years.
ted french
View Profile
Inner circle
Columbus Ohio
1946 Posts

Profile of ted french
Uh Oh lol
P3
practice practice perform.
joseph
View Profile
Eternal Order
Please ignore my
17411 Posts

Profile of joseph
Looks like Color Fusion with the face of the card.. Smile .. very good....
"Everything should be made as simple as possible, but no simpler." (Einstein)...
samdan
View Profile
Special user
519 Posts

Profile of samdan
Difficulty level?
Mentalism
View Profile
New user
60 Posts

Profile of Mentalism
The add also says that you can use the method for other effects like predictions.

Markus
The Mac
View Profile
Inner circle
1982 Posts

Profile of The Mac
This looks like colourfusion.

can I get a hell yeah on that?
Christopher Williams
View Profile
Inner circle
Portsmouth, UK
4464 Posts

Profile of Christopher Williams
Guys this is great! It hasn't been released yet, so don't start speculating on methods etc. It is very clever, highly visual, and is much more commercial than the effect 'Colour Fusion'. I think all of you will be very surprised about this and how incredible the basic effect, AND all of its other applications really are! The difficulty level isn't high, and it is an impossible souvenir and memory for the spectator to have at the end
www.magicman13.co.uk

Copies of the limited edition 'MindPlay' still available
Peter Nardi
View Profile
Inner circle
2238 Posts

Profile of Peter Nardi
Hi Guys,

Check out the new trailer. This is one of the close-up versions of VDP!

http://www.alakazam.co.uk

Regards

Peter
r1ch-oxford
View Profile
Regular user
Oxford, England
182 Posts

Profile of r1ch-oxford
I received mine today. It is very clever stuff. Upon first glance the preparation looked a bit daunting. However after a few goes I can now make the gimmick in under 3 minutes. It does open a number of new possibilities with regard to what can be done with a signed card. The DVD is excellent value for money in my opinion.

This is one of those tricks you will enjoy playing with for sure. It will require practice to make it look decent and it cannot be performed surrounded so would be difficult at tables or during a walk around type situation. However in the right setting it will be a reputation maker. I am surprised Van Der Put didn't keep this to himself.
Daren
View Profile
Inner circle
2051 Posts

Profile of Daren
I didn't think this was being released until 22nd? am I missing something?
thehawk
View Profile
Inner circle
2275 Posts

Profile of thehawk
Can the gimmick only be used once?
r1ch-oxford
View Profile
Regular user
Oxford, England
182 Posts

Profile of r1ch-oxford
thehawk
View Profile
Inner circle
2275 Posts

Profile of thehawk
Good review.
Maforen
View Profile
New user
80 Posts

Profile of Maforen
Half these things all look good but far to much making items.. I like on the spot tricks with no prep needed then I can do any time I want. This stuff all need to be made and I am bad at that, plus to much work for one trick.
nice to see however. but that about it. Maybe be good for a professional who make a living at this I odnt, I do Magic for fun only for family and friends
danielellis_5
View Profile
Loyal user
Sheffield
211 Posts

Profile of danielellis_5
I got VDP and I like the idea I'm thinking of getting some business cards printed the same size as bikes and doing signed card to business card.

just an idea feel free to use it

Dan
Best quote from a spectator"I know how he did that,it was sleight of hand"(spectator then sits back looking pleased with himself)
The Magic Cafe Forum Index » » Tricks & Effects » » VDP (0 Likes)
 Go to page 1~2 [Next]
X
[ Top of Page ]
All content & postings Copyright © 2001-2024 Steve Brooks. All Rights Reserved.
This page was created in 0.02 seconds requiring 5 database queries.
The views and comments expressed on The Magic Café
are not necessarily those of The Magic Café, Steve Brooks, or Steve Brooks Magic.
> Privacy Statement <

ROTFL Billions and billions served! ROTFL