The Magic Café
Username:
Password:
[ Lost Password ]
  [ Forgot Username ]
The Magic Cafe Forum Index » » Grand illusion » » Chalet Magic » » TOPIC IS LOCKED (0 Likes) Printer Friendly Version

Go to page 1~2~3~4~5 [Next]
ReDeFiNe
View Profile
Loyal user
Singapore
275 Posts

Profile of ReDeFiNe
Dear Café members,

I believe I am not just the only one whom Chalet promised to deliver the illusions. I was just about to send George yet another reminder email about the status of my Sub Trunk (for which I placed an order, and paid in full including shipping 2 YEARS AGO). I read some of the replies from George mentioning that he would be shipping the following week, then the following week and again and again, all these were in emails dated over 1.5 Years ago.

I am just shocked at all the empty promises that I have received from a once ethical and great builder whom I knew.

Nevertheless I am still praying that I will get my Sub Trunk so as to fulfill my wishes to own a Chalet's Sub Trunk.

I have tried sending George some emails with no replies, so if anyone has his number that I can call or a friend who can help me drop him a note on this issue. I would greatly appreciate Smile

Jeremy
Jeremy Pei
www.TheSocialMagician.com

For Magicians by Magicians
www.RedefineMagicOutlet.com
Bob Sanders
View Profile
1945 - 2024
Magic Valley Ranch, Clanton, Alabama
20504 Posts

Profile of Bob Sanders
Jeremy,

Check your email.

Bob
Bob Sanders

Magic By Sander / The Amazed Wiz

AmazedWiz@Yahoo.com
61magic
View Profile
Special user
Sacramento California
775 Posts

Profile of 61magic
It is really sad that Chalet has fallen on hard times. George was one of the builders you could count on to get you a good product for a reasonable price.
The magic building business is one that will never make anyone rich and many good builders leave the business when they can't make ends meet.
Chalet is not the only builder that has ended up in this this situation.
I've personally lost money on several deals with builders that are no longer around, some of them have been talked about on this Café.
Professor J. P. Fawkes
Arepsi
View Profile
Regular user
Finland
147 Posts

Profile of Arepsi
Me too, no trunk. Not even money back. I highly recommend Jack Murray from Dream-Illusions. Check out the trunk in action: http://www.aarosorva.com
Paulo Cabrita
View Profile
Special user
820 Posts

Profile of Paulo Cabrita
Very good in talent show.

Paulo
estone
View Profile
Regular user
126 Posts

Profile of estone
What's up with all the dance?
ReDeFiNe
View Profile
Loyal user
Singapore
275 Posts

Profile of ReDeFiNe
Dear all,

Thanks to all who provided me with George's contact. I have spoken with him and he promised me the trunk sometime in Feb. He sounds like a really nice chap to me and I would like to trust him just this one more time.

Jack absolutely builds some of the best illusions in the business. His Konundrum Kube and Fire Cage still rocks in my shows.

Cheers!

Jeremy
Jeremy Pei
www.TheSocialMagician.com

For Magicians by Magicians
www.RedefineMagicOutlet.com
Chezaday
View Profile
Inner circle
Naperville, IL
1673 Posts

Profile of Chezaday
Life does get in the way of things. George is a great guy and he never meant to get this far behind. When you're running a shop alone, it all falls on you. Only the bigger builders have employees to really crank out the product. All that comes with huge expenses. Magic is not a high volume business .. so, only the best survive.

You would be surprised at how many products are now made overseas for the American market .. I know I was when I uncovered the truth.

Steve
gulamerian
View Profile
Special user
581 Posts

Profile of gulamerian
George is a great guy who has had a run of bad luck. Be patient and things will work out. George is doing the best he can.
Darth Ewok
View Profile
Loyal user
Greeneville TN
228 Posts

Profile of Darth Ewok
I wonder if George would be willing to let me help out in his shop, since I live maybe 5 mins away from him. I wouldn't even want to be paid. the experience would be enough. I may call him.
my real name is Kevin Harrison

http://www.myspace.com/magicalclerk
gulamerian
View Profile
Special user
581 Posts

Profile of gulamerian
I have always wondered about that. Give him a call. It can't hurt.
Paulo Cabrita
View Profile
Special user
820 Posts

Profile of Paulo Cabrita
Now with this situation it's difficult to pay before any illusion is builta from Chalet Magic...
I have one situation with another builder and I´m waiting 6 years! And I pay already!
When we pay before...

Paulo
videokideo
View Profile
Special user
895 Posts

Profile of videokideo
Quote:
On 2008-01-27 19:34, Darth Ewok wrote:
I wonder if george would be willing to let me help out in his shop, since I live maybe 5 mins away from him. I wouldnt even want to be paid. the experience would be enough. I may call him

Can't put into words what an honor that would be... Would save you 10 years of learning.
amazingcarrington
View Profile
Veteran user
307 Posts

Profile of amazingcarrington
All I can say is "hang in there" with George. I had a similar period of frustration back a couple of years ago while awaiting a sub trunk.
But all I can say is....it was so worth the wait. George did an exceptional job and I believe that as he realizes that his customers do get frustrated while waiting, he goes that extra mile to make them happy when they finally receive one of his pieces.

Again, the wait will be worth it. You'll love the sub trunk. I love mine.
Good luck.
Andrew H.
View Profile
Regular user
Elizabethton,TN
124 Posts

Profile of Andrew H.
I spoke with George back in Sept. 07 about building me a sub-trunk. He gave me the assumption that he was building left and right, and shipping out 3-4 within a few weeks. Needless to say I’m glad I did go ahead and order one!

Dan Wolf Is an amazing builder. Does beautiful work. I suggest if George can’t get it to you in a timely manner than call Dan. He’s the Vice Pres. of my Ring and I’ve had the opportunity to see a lot of his work. From what I’ve experienced and have heard from other magicians. He super easy to communicate with and he keeps you updated on the progress…Hope this helps.

Andrew
Dixie
View Profile
Loyal user
219 Posts

Profile of Dixie
Dear Andrew,
what would you suggest to a person who is living overseas, wants to buy authorised illusions, has not a very big issue with the cost but needs reliability, because he has a schedule for shows ?
Now you may understand my situation.
If a builder is unreliable, what does it help me if he is easy to communicate with?
How can someone from overseas even consider to place an order to such a builder, not knowing whether he ever will get something back?

As a newcomer to this forum, I really would appreciate to have an easy overview who is reliable, easy to work with and build for me what I need within the agreed time.

Best regards
Richard
JasonB
View Profile
Regular user
174 Posts

Profile of JasonB
I agree with Dixie. Sorry for Chalet if they have had hard times, but in relation to the initial post two years is just not professional or excusable, period.

Dixie, if money is not an issue and you want something great then go to Willie Kennedy. He is as "tell it like it is" as they come. He will not mislead you. Bill Smith in Vegas is great, does great work and has come in on budget and on time when I worked with him (only once so far).

Wellington I believe makes a subtrunk very similar to Chalet's and they have always come in on budget and on time for me. Some people might say that these guys are the top and very expensive. But that's why they're expensive, because they use great materials do amazing work and are true to their word, that's what's so important and why so many top pros go to them. I've gotten amazing illusions and bought crap "homemade" illusions and I've never regretted a dime of the expense to the top builders. They just make great illusions that have so much thought and quality in them.
Dixie
View Profile
Loyal user
219 Posts

Profile of Dixie
Thank you for the information, Jason.
I have checked their websites and I like what I saw.
Will have to decide what I want to show in 2009 and then contact Willie or Bill.
Jack Murray
View Profile
Special user
St. Petersburg Fl.
773 Posts

Profile of Jack Murray
Dixie I sent you a PM.

Jack
Amazing Magic Co
View Profile
Inner circle
1715 Posts

Profile of Amazing Magic Co
I have to agree with Jason. I have seen too many ongoing threads for sometime acknowledging ongoing production problems and a flagrant disregard for customer relationships. I am surprised at how many replies I have seen noting patience and that the quality is worth the wait ... but with no resolution over years of attempted dialogue.

I would never do business with anyone I could not trust for delivery or support. There are a number of outstanding builders today who are happy to earn your business with exceptional quality, customer service and communication. Anything less should be unacceptable.

Just my 2 cents worth. Sorry .. I will get off my soapbox now.
Dan.
The Magic Cafe Forum Index » » Grand illusion » » Chalet Magic » » TOPIC IS LOCKED (0 Likes)
 Go to page 1~2~3~4~5 [Next]
[ Top of Page ]
All content & postings Copyright © 2001-2024 Steve Brooks. All Rights Reserved.
This page was created in 0.02 seconds requiring 5 database queries.
The views and comments expressed on The Magic Café
are not necessarily those of The Magic Café, Steve Brooks, or Steve Brooks Magic.
> Privacy Statement <

ROTFL Billions and billions served! ROTFL