The Magic Caf
Username:
Password:
[ Lost Password ]
  [ Forgot Username ]
The Magic Cafe Forum Index » » Ever so sleightly » » A fast Cups and Balls routine. (0 Likes) Printer Friendly Version

Go to page [Previous]  1~2
Pete Biro
View Profile
1933 - 2018
18558 Posts

Profile of Pete Biro
The main thing is the surprise/change. My least favorite thing to watch is someone struggling to get a BIG load item out of a pocket, when a 'moderate' size, lemon, lime, ball... that you can handle with ease and quickness wins every time.

I remember seeing one of the "greats" in magic completeley blowing the final loads, flashing these big, bright red balls (bad hand position/grip) doing the cups at his lecture.

A month later, at the club I said, "Here's what I learned at the last meeting." Did the cups and balls and FLASHED THE LOADS BADLY, JUST LIKE THE LECTURER.

HOWEVER, when I picked up the cups for the finale--THERE WERE NO LOADS, THE CUPS WERE EMPTY.

FOOLED EVERYBODY...

HEHEHEHEH Smile Smile Smile
STAY TOONED... @ www.pete-biro.com
lint
View Profile
Special user
Concord, CA
967 Posts

Profile of lint
Geeze Pete. Get these routines in print. I have often thought of a routine where you vanish the final loads via the same route they appeared. Havent figured out how it would work though.

-todd
"There's many a slip 'twixt the cup and the lip..." -English Proverb
Richard Evans
View Profile
Inner circle
1379 Posts

Profile of Richard Evans
...there's the Jennings load vanish from his one cup routine, which is then followed by the disappearance of the cup.I don't think that would work three times though Smile
I have six locks on my door all in a row. When I go out, I only lock every other one. I figure no matter how long somebody stands there picking the locks, they are always locking three. Elayne Boosler
matt kemp
View Profile
Veteran user
312 Posts

Profile of matt kemp
Quote:
On 2008-02-05 16:41, lint wrote:
Geeze Pete. Get these routines in print. I have often thought of a routine where you vanish the final loads via the same route they appeared. Havent figured out how it would work though.

-todd

You could use spongeballs.

I don't know exactly how an egg bag works, but it from the effects I have seen with an egg bag, it looks like you could use an egg bag.

Quote:
On 2008-02-05 16:32, Pete Biro wrote:
The main thing is the surprise/change. My least favorite thing to watch is someone struggling to get a BIG load item out of a pocket, when a 'moderate' size, lemon, lime, ball... that you can handle with ease and quickness wins every time.

I have been thinking about this statement a lot over the past two days. I think this is a major step in the "size vs. change debate." Ideally we would like a change that looks to big to fit in the cup, but for practical reasons such as the ones that Pete has mentioned, a medium-size load is still sufficient. IMHO a 2" lemon looks a lot better than a 2" ball coming out of a tennis ball size cup.

For these reasons, I just put in an order for Fab Fruit.
walid ahumada
View Profile
Special user
sinaloa, mexico
892 Posts

Profile of walid ahumada
Michael Ammar thinks that a cup should be made having in mind the final load.
if you like to use 2" lemons for final load it is fine, now get right cups for them.
“Magic becomes art when it has nothing to hide.” BEN OKRI quote
Don Sautter
View Profile
New user
Arizona
58 Posts

Profile of Don Sautter
Speaking as a person who is relatively new to the cups and balls ( less than 3 years ) I can tell you I was very amazed at the final load sequence the firs time I saw it. I still remember the first performance I saw that included final loads.

I never thought to myself anything about the load being too big for the cup - I only thought "How in the world did he get lemons and a lime into those cups!".
Dave V
View Profile
Inner circle
Las Vegas, NV
4824 Posts

Profile of Dave V
Exactly. As Pete Biro and others have proclaimed for years, it's not the size it's the change.
No trees were killed in the making of this message, but a large number of electrons were terribly inconvenienced.
The Magic Cafe Forum Index » » Ever so sleightly » » A fast Cups and Balls routine. (0 Likes)
 Go to page [Previous]  1~2
[ Top of Page ]
All content & postings Copyright © 2001-2024 Steve Brooks. All Rights Reserved.
This page was created in 0.02 seconds requiring 5 database queries.
The views and comments expressed on The Magic Café
are not necessarily those of The Magic Café, Steve Brooks, or Steve Brooks Magic.
> Privacy Statement <

ROTFL Billions and billions served! ROTFL